Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    Because blizz is saving it for later to bait you entitled crybabies who barely do m0 and run wq all day to get back to wow

and sooner or later you will come here to complain that something is wrong with the class because it didn't meet your fantasy standard you have in your head, bunch of delusional people
    I don't see what's wrong with barely not doing M0 and doing WQ all day... but I definitly agree with the second part of your post lol! those asking for the class will definitly complain because it's not exactly what they wanted it to be. same with any classe people are asking to be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Nope that would be mimicry the exact opposite of what I said which I already explained.
    "These lone wandering forest dwellers come from all backgrounds and cultures, seeking the essence of combat through the mimicry of wild beasts".

I ask again for the last time. What's the difference between what the Beastmaster does and what the Hunter does?

as Night elf's in robes? yup they do.

Unless your trying to jump from significant npc's having Unique models to just having different armor (not even Unique armor) as the Npc's next to them.
    Did she stand out?

They do which is why your earlier claim's of illidan going through the same procress as other demon hunters or he only looks the way he does to stand out in a crowd are so absurd.
    Again, that what makes them main characters. All of these.

Nope still not what I said.
    When you make up your mind, notify me.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It'll never be over.

That's like saying we'll be over with Orcs or Humans.
    https://c.tenor.com/UW1RG5fIYloAAAAC...en-is-over.gif

The age of cosplayers is upon us.

In Heroes of the Storm, yes. Some characters retheme their abilities to match the skins. Like Mystic Prince Arthas rethemes his Breath of Sindragosa to a Chinese style Cloud Serpent that spawns Jade crystals with its breath.
    And in WoW?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "These lone wandering forest dwellers come from all backgrounds and cultures, seeking the essence of combat through the mimicry of wild beasts".

I ask again for the last time. What's the difference between what the Beastmaster does and what the Hunter does?
    I’ve already Explained the difference between mimicry and emulation and how it applies to the aspects, you can go back and read the post.

Did she stand out?
    nope looks like any other night elf.

Again, that what makes them main characters. All of these.
    which again is why your earlier statements is so absurd.

When you make up your mind, notify me
    already made up you can go back and read it instead of making things up when ever you want.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

And in WoW?
    Green Fire, transmogs and Glyphs have opened up that possibility for quite some time now.

I’ve already Explained the difference between mimicry and emulation and how it applies to the aspects, you can go back and read the post.

You don't seem to understand.
    You are implying Beastmasters are doing something different than emulation. According to you, they go on all fours, bark ang wag their imaginary tails.
    Does it seem reasonable to you?

nope looks like any other night elf.
    And her size?

which again is why your earlier statements is so absurd.
    Half true.

already made up you can go back and read it instead of making things up when ever you want.
    Saying it can be a number of different reasons isn't called making up your mind.

Green Fire, transmogs and Glyphs have opened up that possibility for quite some time now.
    No. I mean, which ones of these skins do you see being implemented?

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't seem to understand.
    You are implying Beastmasters are doing something different than emulation. According to you, they go on all fours, bark ang wag their imaginary tails.
    Does it seem reasonable to you?
    An that’s what you mean.

In that case yes I do think that the mimicry in the WC3 has nothing to do with the aspects and would be taking actually animal mannerism for combat purposes just like say martial artist do. https://www.nwf.org/Magazines/Nation...-Like-a-Mantis

And her size?
    same as the other night elfs.

Saying it can be a number of different reasons isn't called making up your mind.
    sure it is, my mind is made that it isn’t a binary that no matter what the case is from ability to ability it was never a one or the other choice.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

An that’s what you mean.

In that case yes I do think that the mimicry in the WC3 has nothing to do with the aspects and would be taking actually animal mannerism for combat purposes just like say martial artist do. https://www.nwf.org/Magazines/Nation...-Like-a-Mantis
    -_-

So, Rexxar would hiss and bare teeth? Come on...
    We both know they are meant to be the same thing.

same as the other night elfs.
    I guess they didn't have the resources back then...

sure it is, my mind is made that it isn’t a binary that no matter what the case is from ability to ability it was never a one or the other choice.
    So, everything is arbitrary and you're arguing for nothing.
    We could have ended up with Death Knights using clown spells just as easily, right? Because it's not dictated by anything...

No. I mean, which ones of these skins do you see being implemented?
    All of them?

I don't think there'd ever be any given limit. Just make popular class concepts represented visually, and properly make art to support the full identity. It doesn't really matter to me if it's just a skin, cuz skins matter quite a lot.

Most Allied Races are literally just skin swaps, and you still feel the difference of playing as a Dark Iron from a regular Dwarf that merely has black skin options, because they really double down on the fiery beards and the heritage armor snd the mounts. Even if Dark Iron didn't have new racials, the visuals alone are more than enough representation.

I've been playing Mobas far longer than I have MMOs. Character visuals really help sell the RP fantasy. WoW does a fairly decent job with transmogs, but they fall short providing the right ability visuals to make a true 'skin'. It's about time they branch out and just let you customize so you can actually feel like a Sunwalker or a Mountain King or a Blood Mage or a Dark Ranger or a Shadow Hunter or a Priestess of the Moon or a Blademaster or a Runemaster. We don't really need new classes to fulfill the class identities. I'd say even DK and DH would have worked well as customizations, just as long as they are archetype appropriate and not taking a melee concept and applying it to a spellcaster or vice versa.

Like even though Heroes of the Storm doesn't have a true Roadhog or Widowmaker hero, the character skins for Stitches and Nova are done quite well and covers much of the fantasy. Of course it ain't perfect since they're still based on the core characters, but the visuals get you there pretty far. Maybe if they provided some different Talent options when you use a particular skin, it would help sell the fantasy.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-02 at 06:37 AM.

All of them?

Isn't that like asking what race or what class or what weapon types I want added in the game. Why put any limit on a creative decision?

I'd love to have Nerubian Crypt Lords that have a complete insect based summoner gameplay that wields Scythes or Naga Sea Witches that can wield Thunder Javelins. The list of what could be playable is quite literally infinite as Warcraft archetypes go. We could have Gnoll Warbosses with Flails, Trogg Deeprunners with Pickaxes and Awls. Doesn't really matter if they're completely new classes or just reskins, cuz the representation is more important to me than they actual gameplay. I mean theres plenty of classes in the game I just never try cuz I don't think like the themes of their specs. Reskin It and I might give it a try.
    Nerubians can't be a reskin of anything.
    I asked what HotS Hero skins would you give to our playable classes?

I asked what HotS Hero skins would you give to our playable classes?
    What does that even mean? HotS skins don't work on anything but HotS characters.

What kind of answer are you looking for, Jim Raynor skin for Hunters?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-02 at 07:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    -_-

So, Rexxar would hiss and bare teeth? Come on...
    We both know they are meant to be the same thing.
    you mean like say beastral wrath the beast master key stone all the way back to classic?
    Art originally from the TCG.

I guess they didn't have the resources back then...
    they absolutely had the resources to change her model or upscale it they did both to others like the succubus they changed post launch or Nalf growing in black wing lair.

So, everything is arbitrary and you're arguing for nothing.
    We could have ended up with Death Knights using clown spells just as easily, right? Because it's not dictated by anything...
    nope it not being binary doesn’t make it arbitrary.

What does that even mean? HotS skins don't work on anything but HotS characters.

What kind of answer are you looking for, Jim Raynor skin for Hunters?
    Yea, kinda.

you mean like say beastral wrath the beast master key stone all the way back to classic?
    Art originally from the TCG.
    Orcs are known to rage.

they absolutely had the resources to change her model or upscale it they did both to others like the succubus they changed post launch or Nalf growing in black wing lair.
    Trying to think of a unique Night elf model back then...

nope it not being binary doesn’t make it arbitrary.
    You're just dragging it on, honestly...

7+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are known to rage.
    beastral wrath is a BM thing not a orc thing and all races bare there teeth and hiss as you put it.

Trying to think of a unique Night elf model back then...
    there aren’t any as unique models wasn't a major thing until wrath/cata. They also didn’t lack the resources to make new models as evident by things like succubi or ogres who had there models changed post launch.

You're just dragging it on, honestly...
    I mean that’s kinda what happens when you continually make up things I didn’t say and try to attribute them to me instead of just reading my Actual post.

You can tell a thread like this is pointless and going nowhere when it's the same 3 people rambling on and on for a dozen pages
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Yea, kinda.
    ... Why?

My point of Heroes' skins was to illustrate how visual and spell fx changes goes a long way to feeling like playing a different character. Like Monkey King Samuro still plays like Samuro, but the visuals and new animations changes the experience completely. Like, his gameplay style fits a non Blademaster archetype. You're playing the Monkey King. The visuals are closer to a Windwalker Monk with a 2H staff that it is as a classic Japanese samurai.

That's what I was comparing with characters like Farstrider Hanzo and Crypt Queen Zagara. Just having a different skin provides the visual experience of playing a different character, even though it's the same gameplay.

beastral wrath is a BM thing not a orc thing and all races bare there teeth and hiss as you put it.

there aren’t any as unique models wasn't a major thing until wrath/cata. They also didn’t lack the resources to make new models as evident by things like succubi or ogres who had there models changed post launch.
    So, i was right. There were no unique models.

I mean that’s kinda what happens when you continually make up things I didn’t say and try to attribute them to me instead of just reading my Actual post.
    Just admit that you don't know why they picked those abilities.

... Why?

My point of Heroes' skins was to illustrate how visual and spell fx changes goes a long way to feeling like playing a different character. Like Monkey King Samuro still plays like Samuro, but the visuals and new animations changes the experience completely. Like, his gameplay style fits a non Blademaster archetype. You're playing the Monkey King. The visuals are closer to a Windwalker Monk with a 2H staff that it is as a classic Japanese samurai.

That's what I was comparing with characters like Farstrider Hanzo and Crypt Queen Zagara. Just having a different skin provides the visual experience of playing a different character, even though it's the same gameplay.
    So, what kind of class skins are you aiming at?

7+ Year Old Account
    picture of orc
    so you think beastral wrath is a orc only thing or what?

Not that it would matter rexxar was a half orc after all and the beast master in question.

So, i was right. There were no unique models.
    of night elf's? No, over all? Ya classic has a bunch of unique models just not for any of the significant Characters in question.

If they wanted Tyranda varian malfurion ect to have unique models to stand out in a crowd they had the resources to do it.

Just admit that you don't know why they picked those abilities.
    you must be aware that saying “I don’t know why each individual ability was picked and there relation to lore” is not the same thing as saying “they picked them randomly or arbitrarily” right?

That you can hop way back where I say the former and then you continuously contribute the latter to me instead of reading what I actually said.

So, what kind of class skins are you aiming at?
    I'm not aiming at anything

I'm literally saying 'Blizzard could reasonably do this for classes they want made playable without actually making a class for them', and it seems Dark Ranger may be the first.

If they give Engineering profession Tinker style Backpacks and new profession gimmicks that mimic their gameplay, then there's another off the list. It's up to what Blizzard decides.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-03 at 05:12 AM.

so you think beastral wrath is a orc only thing or what?

Not that it would matter rexxar was a half orc after all and the beast master in question.
    No. But it's not something strange to Orcs.

of night elf's? No, over all? Ya classic has a bunch of unique models just not for any of the significant Characters in question.

If they wanted Tyranda varian malfurion ect to have unique models to stand out in a crowd they had the resources to do it.
    Like who?

you must be aware that saying “I don’t know why each individual ability was picked and there relation to lore” is not the same thing as saying “they picked them randomly or arbitrarily” right?

That you can hop way back where I say the former and then you continuously contribute the latter to me instead of reading what I actually said.
    Well, until you provide a concrete foundation than just "it can be any number of reasons", lore is the strongest option.

I'm not aiming at anything

I'm literally saying 'Blizzard could reasonably do this for classes they want made playable without actually making a class for them', and it seems Dark Ranger may be the first.

If they give Engineering profession Tinker style Backpacks and new profession gimmicks that mimic their gameplay, then there's another off the list. It's up to what Blizzard decides.
    Hold on.
    Dark Ranger as a class skin? That would be like giving Paladins a Death Knight skin.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. But it's not something strange to Orcs.
    so you agree then that a orc (or half orc) baring there teeth and hissing in mimicry of an animal is something rexxar or other beastmasters would do rather it be a orc blood rage or beastral wrath?

Like who?
    off the top of my head without digging through models and leaving out unique non humanoids.

3 of the four horsemen.

Some ZG trolls.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Priestess_Arlokk
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Priest_Thekal

Theradas (close enough to humanoid)
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Theradras

Baron rivendare
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Baron_Rivendare

All of these characters are far less significant then some one like Varian Tyranda or Malfurion and there are likely a lot more just not at the top of my head.