Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I honestly think Bronze healing is super generic and it would have been more interesting as a DPS spec using a mix of sand-attacks and temporal decay, echoes, etc.
    Not sure it can look interesting graphically in game but rewinding time to undo wounds seems interesting as an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Not sure it can look interesting graphically in game but rewinding time to undo wounds seems interesting as an idea.
    I just think reversing damage is the most obvious and (for lack of a better term) "entry level" use of time magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

here I found the quote down in the references.
    The assumed upcoming Alliance undead AR being similar to Bolvar as dragonfire/undead would have been more interesting to me than what may be coming.

ah then I'm guessing they retconned it with shadowlands as prior they said he was stuck between life and death.

here I found the quote down in the references.
    That sounds... Odd. Am I missing some lore here, or why would the dragons' fire keep him alive? I thought the purpose of what the dragons did was to cleanse the battlefield in the sense of destroying it entirely? Did this not in the process also kill all remaining forces at Wrathgate? Does red dragons' fire have rejuvenating properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    That sounds... Odd. Am I missing some lore here, or why would the dragons' fire keep him alive? I thought the purpose of what the dragons did was to cleanse the battlefield in the sense of destroying it entirely? Did this not in the process also kill all remaining forces at Wrathgate? Does red dragons' fire have rejuvenating properties?
    It heals those alive, and damages undead. Bolvar was in the process of becoming a ghoul and so ended up in this weird state where the dragonflame kept him alive while simultaneously damaging him.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    So you think every kind of healing is the same thing? That a forest fire burning away old and dying plants so new ones can grow is the same thing as mending a wound on a person? Because both are healing but they are obviously still very different and the red's are known for one over the other.
    So if both are healing then they are both healing, right? Remember you said the Red flight isn't a healing flight. So which is it they can heal or they can't? Red is a flight that was blessed by Eonar the same as the Green flight. They heal differently but they still heal.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-01 at 07:18 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if both are healing then they are both healing, right? Remember you said the Red flight isn't a healing flight. So which is it they can heal or they can't? Like I said you are just splitting hairs over what healing is so you don't have to admit that you were wrong about the Red flight being a healing one.
    So you just want to ignore all context of the topic and say "healing is healing" even though it's obviously they aren't the same thing and no one means prescribed burning when talking about healing specs and magics?

Sure if that's what you need to get through the day they are in fact a healing flight and I'm sure wounded soldiers will be happy to know that there ashes will grow a wonderful forest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    there's no real explanation bolvar is a one off of blight+dragon fire as every one else could already be dead while he was dying. but it could be there is some interaction the blight and dragon fire or him being a pally or any other number of things but as they seemingly retconned it so he did actually die we will likely never have a clear answer and he might just be a weird undead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It heals those alive, and damages undead. Bolvar was in the process of becoming a ghoul and so ended up in this weird state where the dragonflame kept him alive while simultaneously damaging him.
    Bolvar was never turning into a ghoul blight kills living and undead alike it has no necromantic priority's and the lichking had already pulled back and wasn't raising any one by the time the dragons came.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-05-01 at 07:34 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What conclusion? This was just an observation. Venthyr use a few blood elf hairstyles.
    Like, which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Like, which one?
    Venthyr females use the pixie, tiara & bangs blood elf female hairstyles. If those fit, its highly likely the reverse also works. And Venthyr hairstyles would be pretty thematically compatible with Darkfallen

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    So, what was Living World? A taste of 11.0?
    I'm assuming weather/atmospheric effect systems in Dragon Isles to go with the "world is waking up" factor.

Bronze healing doesn't just have to rewind time, it could also fast forward time. Locally speeding up healing on a wound by making days or weeks of natural healing happen almost instantly. The wound would look like it's sealing itself shut and blending back in with healthy tissue in real time.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you just want to ignore all context of the topic and say "healing is healing" even though it's obviously they aren't the same thing and no one means prescribed burning when talking about healing specs and magics? Sure if that's what you need to get through the day they are in fact a healing flight and I'm sure wounded soldiers will be happy to know that there ashes will grow a wonderful forest.
    Lore states that the red flight can heal and was given their gift from the same source as the green flight. All you are doing is throwing a tantrum about different types of healing because you got called out as being wrong by lore. It being a different type of healing magic is irrelevant to what it is associated with by the Flight. Both the Green and Red flights were gifted healing abilities from Eonar. Ysera is also deeply tied to nature magic healing rather then wound care and the like because of her association with the emerald dream.

Not to mention your claim would mean that Druids can't heal people because they use nature magic and similar to what Alexstraza is shown to do.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention your claim would mean that Druids can't heal people because they use nature magic and similar to what Alexstraza is shown to do.
    Last time I checked druid's didn't light stuff on fire burn it to ash and then have new life sprout from the said ashes.

Though I suppose druids of the flame might.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked druid's didn't light stuff on fire burn it to ash and then have new life sprout from the said ashes. Though I suppose druids of the flame might.
    So your entire basis for why it isn't healing magic is "fire"? Even when the red flight still manipulates nature the same way as Druids? How do you think Ysera, and the greens, heal with their fire? Or is it now the color that makes the difference with fire?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-01 at 08:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So your entire basis for why it isn't healing magic is "fire"? Even when the red flight still manipulates nature the same way as Druids? How do you think Ysera, and the greens, heal with their fire? Or is it now the color that makes the difference with fire?
    No the basis would be that while prescribed burning is a way to clear corruption and heal the land it's obviously not the same thing as a druid using swiftmend on a person to heal a wound.

But if you want to say "healing is healing" So it's the same thing ignoring all other context go for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    But if you want to say "healing is healing" So it's the same thing ignoring all other context go for it.
    But healing is healing. You are saying something isn't healing if it uses X methods to heal and that healing requires Y method only. That mages Cauterize isn't healing them because it uses fire when it allows them to survive a fatal hit and heal for a small percentage. I'm not ignore any context here. It doesn't matter if there are dozens of different ways to heal. It is all the same in the end, healing.

7+ Year Old Account
    But healing is healing. You are saying something isn't healing if it uses X methods to heal and that healing requires Y method only. That mages Cauterize isn't healing them because it uses fire when it allows them to survive a fatal hit and heal for a small percentage. I'm not ignore any context here. It doesn't matter if there are dozens of different ways to heal. It is all the same in the end, healing.
    Yes absolutely I am saying something isn't healing if it uses X method because the context in question is healing magics and specs and how they apply to combat not just healing over all because that's a meaningless thing to talk about as say burning a forsaken to death and then growing flowers out of the corpse isn't a useful thing for a healer to do to a party member.

But if you want to say they are a healing flight because they will kill you and then the land will be better for it your technically not wrong even if its a meaningless thing to say.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Bjoramier, I love you

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes absolutely I am saying something isn't healing if it uses X method because the context in question is healing magics and specs and how they apply to combat not just healing over all because that's a meaningless thing to talk about as say burning a forsaken to death and then growing flowers out of the corpse isn't a useful thing for a healer to do to a party member.
    The amusing part is that the Light makes a forsaken feel like they are burning to death every time it heals them. Your concepts for healing in Warcraft do not match the actual lore of the universe. Not to mention your comments were not about hyper specific scenarios but that Healing was not part of the Red Flight. Which is objectively false given the lore.

It also over looks how Druids can heal without growing flowers out of a corpse because Nature magic is not restricted as you keep trying to claim. Healing is Healing but the methods differ. This isn't even a foreign concept to RPG or writing since "Purified by Fire" is a common enough thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    The amusing part is that the Light makes a forsaken feel like they are burning to death every time it heals them.
    Do you see no difference between feeling like you are burning and actually being burned to death?

It also over looks how Druids can heal without growing flowers out of a corpse
    could you point me towards all the red dragon druids? or are we just to assume any one who uses nature magic has all of the same abilities?