Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    I'm cool with whatever someone wants to do in-game but pushing your non-sense onto others and mocking them for it is a bigger problem in the game than addons. :P
    That completely depends on what kind of content you're targeting.

I am raiding mythic and I full well expect everyone on the team to have boss mod of their choice and WeakAuras the least, because we use custom guild aura packs that often require everyone to run a specific aura depending on encounter.

LFR/Normal? That's like whatever, but HC+ imo it's DBM/BigWigs the least - simply saves you and others frustration of missing obvious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    FFXIV doesnt seem to have an issue with not having them. Just add telegraphs to WoW and boom real simple problem fixed with a really simple solution.
    Exactly FFXIV doesn't have this problem because... TADAAAAA it does not use addons. Think for a second before you post something silly.

So get rid of addons entirely. There ya go another easy solution.
    You realize for some people tweaking their UI look (not even talking about combat addons) is more fun than even playing the game itself? WoW was a game designed with addons in mind. Not every game have to be like FFXIV.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2022-05-02 at 11:22 AM.

FFXIV doesnt seem to have an issue with not having them. Just add telegraphs to WoW and boom real simple problem fixed with a really simple solution.
    cuz ff14 is dogshit and has dogshit raid design, designed for ppl with no hands or eyes "lets telegrahp big red line for 10 sec you better move" but can cast 5 spell go and make some food and come back untill it goes off
    I.O BFA Season 3

Yes Ion said that they won't remove all addons, but he said that they don't like the combat addons anymore. Maybe Ion also has information about wow going Xbox console,
    a reason as well to change the philosophy with the addons.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    saying that FF content is a joke is simply and demonstrably untrue. Savage raid tiers are on par with the first half/first 75% of a mythic raid,while ultimate raids are on par with mythic end bosses (some will say it's harder due to the extremely long fight length,but this is more about personal abilities than anything objective) and require up to a month even for the best players to clear.

Of course if you're looking at normal raids it's not very difficult,but that's about as sensible at looking at WoW's LFR and saying that WoW is piss easy (and normal raids in FFXIV are still a couple of leagues above LFR)
    why even lying? ff14 savage is dogshit lvl, we talking about anduin normal mode of difficulty or the first 4 hc bosses of difficulty dont be delusional
    I.O BFA Season 3

least they could do is offer an official addon manager if they're intent on having them.
    haven't heard much good about what came after that cursed one. and expecting people to download it manually is probably too big of an ask.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald66 View Post
    Ion is not happy with the combat addons, the developers should not work anymore with all the combat addons in mind for develop new dungeons and raids. Best way is
    without the combat addons.
    He's not happy, true. But the solution isn't "BAN ADDONS!!!" but "incorporate what those addons do into the base game so they aren't necessary" which is FAR better. Banning addons would just be lazy (like some games have done) and give a massive advantage to those that circumvent it (like some games have done).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    least they could do is offer an official addon manager if they're intent on having them.
    haven't heard much good about what came after that cursed one. and expecting people to download it manually is probably too big of an ask.
    WoWup was great until Curse decided to be greedy and stopped allowing it to download addons uploaded to curseforge. Blizzard most likely won't do an official addon manager because it'd mean they officially support the addons present in that manager. More likely that they just hire the people responsible for DBM/WeakAuras and make those addons come automatically with the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Stopping support of addons is such an incredibly lazy solution that will 100% have a net negative outcome. FFXIV doesn't have addons because of how much more developer time and insight that would require (example: if every player was aware of how much worse class A is at DPS than class B, there would be a LOT more demands for "BUFF CLASS A", which would eat developer time).

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    Think they mentioned that the new UI would include customization to track various CD's and such... not 100% and not sure to what extent.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Combat addons need to be abolished imho, needing a 3rd party mod to play a game is not the way forward, I'm kinda of hoping Blizz start disabling these adds and adjusting their fights to be fought without the addons needed, maybe telegraph combat like FFXIV has and make it so people can visually see whats going on.
    It’s been years since I have been able to properly participate in raids and dungeons because of this. All the spell effects make it impossible to tell what’s happening. I have no idea how people actually enjoy this part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    One thing I really wish for is adding outlines to stuff on the ground and cone attacks. I really dislike the "am I in the fire or out the fire if I stand here? Can't really tell". Margrave Stradama is a good example of that. The tentacle slam visual on the floor is actually smaller than it's hitbox. If you where to stand just next to the graphic on the floor you'd get clapped even tho visually your character isn't in the targeted area.
    This this this. The boundary of fire patches and swirlies has always been janky. Skolex's blue puddles are a pain in the ass to see if there's too many melee around and someone getting clipped by them screws over raid positioning forever. Anduin's shadow phase puddles used to be nearly impossible to see for me---slightly darker grey on dark grey? Who designed that?

This was one thing that Wildstar did well. Those red boxes were -bad news- and you shouldn't be in them. It did make the game look mostly like a game of "the floor is lava" though, so perhaps any WoW visual could be toned down a tad.