Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your problem here.
    The fact that this trinket is awful for the game and they just made it even worse to go against for some classes?

[QUOTE=steellz;53747130]
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Umm what. I average like 10k dps on my ret in offspec, with a 190ilvl leggo and unity on my ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. more like the first 20seconds u pull 10k
    If you can not do bare minimum 10k dps as ret you are not playing correctly. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thymelord View Post
    Lol, that's not how math works. If all damage abilities is increased by 4%, those abilities have their damage increased by 4% making the total max increase...4%. For arguments sake, if 100% of your damage is from abilities (no auto attack) you will see 4% damage increase TOTAL. However, since auto attack is not an ability, auto attack classes will see less than 4% buff total. Pressing one ability does not increase the next by 4% and the one after that by 4% to eventually get 10-15% overall. lol.
    You are really not that smart or do not know how % increase works on wow. It is not a linear increase, some abilities are multiplicative meaning their % increase is higher. An ability that is multiplicative will do more by each % increase than an addative one. Many WW abilities are multiplicative meaning for each % increase to ability it is actually much highet overall.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2022-05-01 at 05:37 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    You are really not that smart or do not know how % increase works on wow. It is not a linear increase, some abilities are multiplicative meaning their % increase is higher. An ability that is multiplicative will do more by each % increase than an addative one. Many WW abilities are multiplicative meaning for each % increase to ability it is actually much highet overall.
    Incorrect. Sim it for yourself, a 4% buff to ww abilities sims around 2.5% total dps buff, not the 10-15% you stated. Yes, if all actions by the monk had an aura buff increase of 4%, the total damage would be higher than 4% due to multiplicative calculations, however, not all actions are being buffed so you are combining them inappropriately. Feel free to sim the differences and actually see how the math works out for yourself without berating someone when you are just assuming.

For the 4% ability buff, it only buffs abilities. It does not buff melee attacks, trinkets, emeni fleshcraft, karma/tod, bron/kevin. The buffs are ONLY about abilities. So total damage could logically become less than 4%, but don't just take my word for it, sim it yourself. If you refuse to sim, check with the community, but if you still think your mental math checks out, check this next week and see if the max dps on patchwork for ww monks at 283 ilvl is at 15400-16100 if you were right, instead of 14400-14600 that it should be.
    Last edited by Thymelord; 2022-05-01 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    BM Hunter only get a 4% buff? We need at least 20%!
    What we need is not huge buff, but a rework of our set. It is just terrible compared to most others. In fact, I think it is the weakest and worst designed set bonus of all speccs.

This is plain misinformation, in actuality the buff is <4% and you can check yourself with sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The fact that this trinket is awful for the game and they just made it even worse to go against for some classes?
    How so? The trinket was flatout nerfed, how did this change make playing against it worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Maybe after the MDI (hopefully). It's fine that SV Hunter is finally in a good state, but please not that OP. Same for Destro Warlock.
    Not that OP ? 30% above eveyrone ? I want survival etc to shine, but that's far too shinny x)

Umm what. I average like 10k dps on my ret in offspec, with a 190ilvl leggo and unity on my ring.

- - - Updated - - -
    And i usually do 15k-20k DPS depend situation
    Did you read all i typed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

[QUOTE=h8ryan;53747137]I can almost 100% guarantee that you aren't very good at raiding/M+/or pvp

if anything, ret does more damage than the majority of other melee speccs in the game right now, they are definitely viable, they just don't bring a buff/debuff/mobility to cheese mechanics or synergize with a whole raid comp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post

you aren't playing ret correctly or you're crazily undergeared if you aren't averaging 10k single target in raids
    Pally can burst sure, you're telling me ilvl 270+ 4set, x2 lego pallys should be pulling 10k? LOL

[QUOTE=steellz;53748642]
    Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    I can almost 100% guarantee that you aren't very good at raiding/M+/or pvp

if anything, ret does more damage than the majority of other melee speccs in the game right now, they are definitely viable, they just don't bring a buff/debuff/mobility to cheese mechanics or synergize with a whole raid comp

- - - Updated - - -

Pally can burst sure, you're telling me ilvl 270+ 4set, x2 lego pallys should be pulling 10k? LOL
    I can pull 10k single target running Night fae

[QUOTE=steellz;53748642]
    Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    I can almost 100% guarantee that you aren't very good at raiding/M+/or pvp

- - - Updated - - -

yeah. logs show they pull more than 10k on single target fights. the ret pally in my group does around 12-13k single target raid bosses. 15-20k on m+bosses. and thats average. not when you get lucky with procs. burst to around 40-50k on trash in M+. he is 272, 4 piece, kyrian.

Yeah, that's just wrong. I would encourage you to try and be a bit more informed before stooping to insulting someone else's intelligence. Others have called you out, and the sims bear out that you are wrong. It would be good for you to watch some videos about what causes scaling. Izen Hart has some decent discussion videos about what scaling really is. Hint: its not flat damage aura mods.

And your DPS spec is doing fine. Actually I've looked up the statistics: DPS DH is not only fine, but actually very good. What the hell are you crying about? You should go back to playing a regular hunter.

Also finally all those BM hunters stop making their daily whining threads.
    Please do us all a favor and keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    Please do us all a favor and keep your ignorant comments to yourself.
    I'll stop if I don't see any threads made by hunters (of any kind) anymore. But literally every hotfix the first comment is "buff BM!" or a DH whining.

Also: just play MM or Survival or stfu. Every player playing a class with 3 DPS specs should be able to play all 3. Or if you're DH: I don't get your problem.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-05-03 at 12:32 AM.

I'll stop if I don't see any threads made by hunters (of any kind) anymore. But literally every hotfix the first comment is "buff BM!" or a DH whining.

Also: just play MM or Survival or stfu. Every player playing a class with 3 DPS specs should be able to play all 3. Or if you're DH: I don't get your problem.
    So, it is up to you on whether a problem is valid or not? Or are you arguing that you're the only one allowed to complain? Because neither is a valid outcome or premise. BM has a legitimate reason to request a buff and the data supports it.

You are not the arbiter on what spec people should or shouldn't play either. It sounds like you need to step back and examine your premise and priorities. You clearly are angry for seemingly either imagined reasons or at best arbitrary ones. That doesn't sound conducive to your mental well-being.

How so? The trinket was flatout nerfed, how did this change make playing against it worse?
    They removed the only way for Warriors to remove it (Bolt > Charge > able to kick), similar for WW Monks they could use Disable to get rid.