Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I see, but what we know its not.
    What is not?

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Still very convinced the Covenant races will be 10.0 pre-order bonus. Venthyr are a work of art. Absolutely perfect for the Horde.

If they are it makes no sense that they did not announce them directly with the Dragonflight announcement and the pre-orders. Saying "they are not ready" especially in this case makes zero sense as the models are available for two years now. So even if the in game playable models are not ready, they could have shown tons of concept art already.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If they are it makes no sense that they did not announce them directly with the Dragonflight announcement and the pre-orders. Saying "they are not ready" especially in this case makes zero sense as the models are available for two years now. So even if the in game playable models are not ready, they could have shown tons of concept art already.
    Leaving it as a surprise to create more hype, instead of revealing everything from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Leaving it as a surprise to create more hype, instead of revealing everything from the start?
    I dismiss the idea this strategy creates hype. Instead of talking about actual wow content the fandom spends this time arguing the pedantry of the differences between the life & nature dragonflight domains: That's extremely off-putting for normies.

Also they very much might not be totally done. We could just be waiting for them to finish the heritage armor before they show it off, because ARs overall are not feature that requires focused development. There's probably 3 or 4 people in charge of the AR & the pre-order is ready to go but won't go up until they finish a presentation for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I dismiss the idea this strategy creates hype. Instead of talking about actual wow content the fandom spends this time arguing the pedantry of the differences between the life & nature dragonflight domains: That's extremely off-putting for normies.

Also they very much might not be totally done. We could just be waiting for them to finish the heritage armor before they show it off, because ARs overall are not feature that requires focused development. There's probably 3 or 4 people in charge of the AR & the pre-order is ready to go but won't go up until they finish a presentation for it.
    So, do you agree or not? I didn't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Still very convinced the Covenant races will be 10.0 pre-order bonus. Venthyr are a work of art. Absolutely perfect for the Horde.
    Whats the Maldraxxus covenant race?

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Whats the Maldraxxus covenant race?
    The house of the chosen people use Kul'tiran skeletons sooooo

Covenant allied races will never happen.
    It will be Dark Fallen for both faction likely but I could see (and hope) that Alliance gets something different.
    (provided there will be any Allied race at all)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is not?
    Its not the other way around. San layn is the faction. Darkfallen is the race. I already explained that this is known since wrath. The new info just kinda doubles down on that, but added dark rangers to be darkfallen as well. Which makes darkfallen the race by default.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    But we wouldn't have anything to compare it to. Death Knight was the first class, so it set the precedent for what people now expect of new classes. I don't think it's fair to say what people are happy or unhappy about, since everything was still absolutely new and the game and our classes could have gone in any number of directions.

Like maybe there could have been Prestige classes, so a Warrior could Prestige into Death Knight, Blademaster or Warlord/Highlord. Or double down on adding new classes that don't have 3 viable Raid specs; Vanilla/Everquest style balance where each class has mainly 1 role.

The Hero Class system they used was good, but it's amounted to us having 4 new classes in the past 18+ years of WoW. Sure, DK fans got their due, but what about everyone else? We waited 12+ years for Demon Hunter. If they went with a Prestige or Class-centric design rather than Spec-centric, we may have seen much more full representation of new classes much earlier, instead of waiting indefinitely on getting to see a true Blademaster or Necromancer playable, if ever.

Like if I were to be absolutely frank, the Death Knight concept would have been absolutely fine with just 1-2 specs focusing on Roles rather than Spelltype themes. Did we need a Frost spec DK? Did we need Blood style tank? Unholy was the bread and butter WC3 DK theme, and it could have been fine if it was just broken up to 'Tank spec' and 'DPS spec' with mostly Unholy spells and summons , while Frost and Vampiric abilities get thrown into the mix through talents. You'd still have access to some powerful Frost abilities in your Tank or DPS gameplay; they'd just be more a choice-driven decision to enhance your Tank or DPS role, rather than being a completely defined Specialization.

It'd play out much more like Heroes of the Storm Arthas, where if you feel like playing more Unholy you could double down on your Death Coil Talents, or if you want to play up Frost you could put all your points to boost Frostmourne Hungers and Howling Blast, or if you feel like being tankier you take the Blood Tap talents. Overall, Arthas feels like a complete Death Knight of all 3 specs, without literally being split up into 3 different DK characters.
    If dk still wasnt playable and demon hunters are(illidan fantasy) the cry out for dks would have def be there.

The hero class thing, was just refered to as a heroic beginning. Starting higher etc. They were always a famous option, this was the first I know, but what we know what will come.. it doesnt make much sense to leave thr dk out. Again arthas was very popular during that time. People at the time were already speculating new classes and warcraft 3 still had plenty of them unplayable. This was a thing back then and still is today. Its the fantasy that counted with dks.

Its to much what if for me, I see no point in speculating about that. Dks were fine and engaging when they were first implemented, It only became more boring over time. But thats with many classes imo.

The hype is gone, what ever they do now just feels like they are just to late. They need it regardless, but they could have generated so much more hype with sl. They missed the opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    The house of the chosen people use Kul'tiran skeletons sooooo
    It doesnt mean much tho.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-02 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the people saying that they were holding off on announcing Necromancer after the Shadowlands announcement to keep the hype level up in the coming months...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    This reminds me of the people saying that they were holding off on announcing Necromancer after the Shadowlands announcement to keep the hype level up in the coming months...
    Somewhat, though this one at least has a "leak" (which again may or may not be valid) attached to it whereas the Necromancer hopefuls from last expansion were generally running off of pure hope & not much else.

as long as its not another human (vrykul), ogre or 235476677887892392 version of elf im fine with whatever we get. tuskar are cool but i dont really want to play as one. on the other hand, naga or sethrakk would be very nice to have, especielly since they wanted to make naga as a playable race in vanilla but couldnt at the time due being limited to the technology of their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Covenant allied races will never happen.
    It will be Dark Fallen for both faction likely but I could see (and hope) that Alliance gets something different.
    (provided there will be any Allied race at all)
    How on earth would Darkfallen make sense for the Alliance? I feel that it'd require such a massive leap of nonsense logic to make that happen. Not that I'd put it past Blizzard, but I hope they aren't silly enough to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    How on earth would Darkfallen make sense for the Alliance? I feel that it'd require such a massive leap of nonsense logic to make that happen. Not that I'd put it past Blizzard, but I hope they aren't silly enough to do that
    Tldr. Night Elf Dark Ranger:
    Maiev talks about feeling bad for Sira in 9.2 (the Dark Warden currently in the Stockades)... so maybe they will allow them to come back, just like Alliance does for the Death Knights. It is really not that impossible (but I don't like it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    With Blood Elves in the Horde, anything makes sense.

Maiev talks about feeling bad for Sira in 9.2 (the Dark Warden currently in the Stockades)... so maybe they will allow them to come back, just like Alliance does for the Death Knights. It is really not that impossible (but I don't like it)
    It makes sense that they would not want to be a part of the horde but also plenty of them would also not want to return to the alliance. While they raised a lot, Sira & Delaryn are the only ones who actually joined the Horde so, I don't think they'd even need to acknowledge that. But overall, yeah I think a sizable portion of those Night Elves would want to return to the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    With Blood Elves in the Horde, anything makes sense.
    With the Night Elf nation as it is right now, doesn't it make sense that they'd embrace their fallen brethren?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-05-02 at 04:05 PM.

I really hope the Venthyr are not added. they're ugly as fuck and hard to look at.

Honestly can't see that happening. Not as is, anyways. It would basically be Night Elves with red eyes which would be incredibly lame.

I think its more likely they get connected to the Winter Queen somehow. Especially since they blame Elune for their undeath and burning Teldrassil. They'll probably forsake Elune and swear themselves to the Winter Queen or something and get some Night Fae aesthetics to make them unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its to much what if for me, I see no point in speculating about that. Dks were fine and engaging when they were first implemented, It only became more boring over time. But thats with many classes imo.
    Well yeah, because you literally commented on my reply of someone speculating DK could have been a paladin skin. And in a different universe, by different designer decisions, that could very well have happened.

'Hero Classes' that were evolved forms of regular classes was planned at one point during WoW development. They simply never carried through with the idea.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_class

All the hero units of Warcraft III were originally supposed to become hero classes in World of Warcraft. Hero classes were still listed in 2005 on the "Under Development" page of the original website.[4] When a character hit level 40, it could start specializing in skills to become the same kind of hero. However, as Blizzard developed talent trees, they dropped the idea as they believed that the trees would provide enough customization. For example, a night elven warrior could specialize into wielding two one-handed weapons and essentially be a demon hunter, while a dwarven warrior could fulfill the fantasy of a mountain king,[5][6] or an undead warrior could become a death knight.[7]

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well yeah, because you literally commented on my reply of someone speculating DK could have been a paladin skin. And in a different universe, by different designer decisions, that could very well have happened.

'Hero Classes' that were evolved forms of regular classes was planned at one point during WoW development. They simply never carried through with the idea.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_class

All the hero units of Warcraft III were originally supposed to become hero classes in World of Warcraft. Hero classes were still listed in 2005 on the "Under Development" page of the original website.[4] When a character hit level 40, it could start specializing in skills to become the same kind of hero. However, as Blizzard developed talent trees, they dropped the idea as they believed that the trees would provide enough customization. For example, a night elven warrior could specialize into wielding two one-handed weapons and essentially be a demon hunter, while a dwarven warrior could fulfill the fantasy of a mountain king,[5][6] or an undead warrior could become a death knight.[7]
    I understand, which I replied to saying it would have been the same discussion as any other potential options for classes. Death knight was just one of those warcraft 3 classes, like Demon hunter. I am just saying even with nothing to compare it to, the wish to have it as a class would still be there probably.

We had couple of wrath interviews, explaining what they meant with death knight being a hero class, which they called it anyway, despite it being abbandoned as in the way msybe was originally the idea. They just referd the death knight back then as a class with a heroic beginning, an epic start. Starts little higher. Even saying that hero class doesnt mean stronger or better.

If death knight never happened, I could imagine people would just put dark rangers, death knights all on one pile and maybe even saying, they will never happen.

In a different universe anything is possible ofc, but death knight is a funny one, as they are undead.. the opposite of paladins. Sure it could be done, like warlock necromancer skin. But it still doesnt feel right tbh.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-02 at 05:49 PM.