10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too enthused about the farming motes, I like that its there cause well better then nothing but it shouldn't be the only thing to do in the said open world setting. Truefully though, ZM's music really is a nice change from well "DUM..................DUM..............................DUM"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I just think the ratio is a bit off. Not by an order of margin, I am not saying it should be 30-50 motes. But if it was 150-300 instead of 300-500 it would work better. And for people who like to grind, it will always be valuable anyway since you can craft duplicate pets and sell them.
    It's annoying now, but what i wonder is how it will feel for players who start farming in the next expansion.
    There are so many mounts to farm, and even with near constant grinding it could take weeks to get everything.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I don't care about the reward but about the journey to it. This is about timing the feeling of being rewarded so that it comes at the moment of success. Killing a thousand wasps and finally getting that vespoid lattice is a moment of excitement and getting to fly straight to the chamber and craft Buzz builds upon the excitement. Getting there and finding you don't have enough motes wastes the build up. Sure you'll get the reward eventually. But there is a structure to be observed to give the player the best experience.
    If you killed a thousand wasps, you should have enough motes to build two.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Zereth Mortis just seems so barebones. Is the zone anything other than dailies / wq and killing rares / farming mobs for mounts? At least Nazj and Mechagon had actual mechanics and new events in them.
    They just need to come up with other things to do imo.
    After so many years of doing the same, it kinda lost it charm. Adding a few new jump.or puzzle quests isnt gonns change much in the end. I am never a huge fan of new zones like that, it doesnt do much for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    That was not really taming. It was "gain a few specific mounts from filling bars". Taming would be if you ventured out into the world to any kind of unspecified mob and would use the "tame" button. Comparable to hunters taming their pet.
    That's even less like taming than the stable was. At least the stable had you do activities to domesticate those animals. Just staring at an animal for 10 seconds isn't taming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had dreamed of the alpha releasing May 3 in my dream from two weeks ago, let's see if I'm right (well, let's see if I'm wrong instead)

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I had dreamed of the alpha releasing May 3 in my dream from two weeks ago, let's see if I'm right (well, let's see if I'm wrong instead)
    Alpha at the same time they announce their mobile game? Yeah whoever would green light that in marketing would get fired.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Alpha at the same time they announce their mobile game? Yeah whoever would green light that in marketing would get fired.
    Considering the Marketing Team we have.. That isn't exactly out of the imagination.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Considering the Marketing Team we have.. That isn't exactly out of the imagination.
    Exactly. There are the same people who decided to develop 4 Diablo games of the same style, and expected to support them concurrently. Nothing can surprise me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Exactly. There are the same people who decided to develop 4 Diablo games of the same style, and expected to support them concurrently. Nothing can surprise me anymore.
    "Sign up for the Dragonflight alpha, and receive... access to the mobile game alpha!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Diablo Immortal is really not meant for the western market. They added PC support because they felt they could and it would be cost effective given they are likely to make a solid amount from whales in the west through this. But the focus is the mobile market, every interview makes it clear the game is mobile first and they also tell us upfront this is a beta and there may well be controls that won't even work properly (but likely still better than emulation). So I don't see DI taking away from D4's market. It likely will kill D3 a bit earlier, sure but they aren't making any money from that; they kept supporting it to keep the franchise alive.

As for D2R, I mean I am sure some people were excited for that. I expect a similar situation with Retail and Classic; some people will play both but most will chose. If anything it keeps everyone looking at Battle.net. That's the most important part for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "Sign up for the Dragonflight alpha, and receive... access to the mobile game alpha!"
    Sadly after the MoP beta I don't think they'll do any form of paid beta access for WoW proper. But hey, I am sure they'll want to get people interested in their mobile game. The hype for that seems very low.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh yeah, I say they do it wrong. What you are asking is pure low quality sandbox that lets you do everything but with no immersion. Back in vanilla where tame beast took longer, you had to trap the beast and have the right type of food hungry and then actually tame it over time by raising its loyalty and happiness, that was immersive. But we cannot have that anymore because WoW's casual content is entirely a collectathon.

Sadly after the MoP beta I don't think they'll do any form of paid beta access for WoW proper. But hey, I am sure they'll want to get people interested in their mobile game. The hype for that seems very low.
    Wonder if they might tie the supposed Darkfallen Allied Race to mobile game participation.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

No, what i ask for is a method to tame beasts to become mounts. Without the grind you are obviously used to. Simple as that. Without blizzard having to sell another 2 years of gametime.

Is blizzard able to add any system nowadays which does not lead to days or weeks of grinds? This could be one of them.

Did i like the pet approach in classic? To an extend. It was really annoying when you lost a pet because you forgot feeding. It was also annoying to have to have arrows. In the end, all of that time consuming and annoying bullshit is nothing but that: time consuming and annoying bullshit. Bullshit noone needs. Bullshit the game does not become better with.

The wish to remove conveniences is also complete bullshit and only serves blizzard by making them more money with subs. Removing LFD from wrath is an as stupid consequence from this nostalgic brain damage than anything that happened to games like New World based on stupid nostalgic ideas to make everything grindy and time gatey.
    In the past, I have dreamed of a Knight class that fights while mounted and can tame its own mounts, it'd be such a cool concept. Though idk how you'd ever balance it for pvp lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Wonder if they might tie the supposed Darkfallen Allied Race to mobile game participation.
    Unlikely as that game could be years away at this point. Diablo Immortal was announced in 2018 and is just now be released.

7+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Immortal is really not meant for the western market. They added PC support because they felt they could and it would be cost effective given they are likely to make a solid amount from whales in the west through this. But the focus is the mobile market, every interview makes it clear the game is mobile first and they also tell us upfront this is a beta and there may well be controls that won't even work properly (but likely still better than emulation). So I don't see DI taking away from D4's market. It likely will kill D3 a bit earlier, sure but they aren't making any money from that; they kept supporting it to keep the franchise alive.

As for D2R, I mean I am sure some people were excited for that. I expect a similar situation with Retail and Classic; some people will play both but most will chose. If anything it keeps everyone looking at Battle.net. That's the most important part for them.
    This. D2R and D3 will mostly be played by either the hardcore fans or people who wanna see the story. DI will be the new core experience 'till D4 comes out and that will take atleast 2-3 more years. And even than, DI will have found it's core audience and people will be able to play it on their phone if they cant play on their pc right now.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This. D2R and D3 will mostly be played by either the hardcore fans or people who wanna see the story. DI will be the new core experience 'till D4 comes out and that will take atleast 2-3 more years. And even than, DI will have found it's core audience and people will be able to play it on their phone if they cant play on their pc right now.
    Which just makes less sense when you take in to account Diablo 4 was initially planned to be out by now.

But considering Overwatch 2 was advertised as having entirely new maps & gamemodes and the Beta doesn't have any of that, and the fans are still raving about it, Blizzard clearly knows its audience.

Which just makes less sense when you take in to account Diablo 4 was initially planned to be out by now.

But considering Overwatch 2 was advertised as having entirely new maps & gamemodes and the Beta doesn't have any of that, and the fans are still raving about it, Blizzard clearly knows its audience.
    Not sure if you're trolling, but the OW 2 beta has 4 new maps and 1 new game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    Not sure if you're trolling, but the OW 2 beta has 4 new maps and 1 new game mode.
    Push is just Payload with a turret and not at all like they advertised at the OW2 reveal.

Push is just Payload with a turret and not at all like they advertised at the OW2 reveal.
    That's exactly what they advertised and it's still a new game mode and 4 new maps in the first beta. And still more than "none of that" like you said.