Preservation Healing Time Effects

So in the recent interview with Ion, he went into detail about Evoker healing:

"It's little bits of time manipulation whether that's light versions of a Bloodlust or Power Infusion type effect or even on the healer side, effectively rewinding or turning back time to undo recently sustained injuries. I think that's a type of healing magic we haven't had a chance to explore yet and where some unique mechanics for Preservation Evokers could arise. There's mostly Green/Bronze hybrid on that side and if you the green side of it, it's more traditional dream restorative magic, not too different from what we've seen Druids do, but there's a lot of really exciting opportunities on the Bronze Dragonflight side to just realize new mechanics."

So it sounds like they'll be getting really creative with the Bronze side of healing, and the fact that he talks about "smaller Bloodlust or PI effects" makes me wonder if there'll be heals that also apply them, or if we have short duration buffs we can throw in-between heals? I'm interested in all the ways they can utilize time whether its for buffs or heals in the kit but I'm glad they're approaching it as a new creative way to heal. As someone excited to main a new healer, and have made several time healing concepts in the past, I'm really excited about this

Any other ideas?

I think they could be hold and give them a long-cooldown CDR ability for allies, or let them reset an ally to a point they were at like the hourglasses in End Time?

I feel like some of the Bronze spells will be something like how BM can stagger damage, but on a raid-wide basis. Maybe there will be a "slow damage" spell?

Unsure how a rewinding damage during a fight would work but I bet there will be a rewind battle rez.

Yeah i was pretty sure this is why they went with Bronze/Green and Red/Blue

Being Red/Green while maybe thematically apropriate is also very samey. I can imagine with Red/Blue the dps spec might be like raw draconic wrath for red (since Life is more than just healing), and blue is the more manipulative magical stuff.

Its interesting that it sounds like the goal of the evoker is to sort of have 'subspecs' thematically within the evoker specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Yeah i was pretty sure this is why they went with Bronze/Green and Red/Blue

Being Red/Green while maybe thematically apropriate is also very samey. I can imagine with Red/Blue the dps spec might be like raw draconic wrath for red (since Life is more than just healing), and blue is the more manipulative magical stuff.

Its interesting that it sounds like the goal of the evoker is to sort of have 'subspecs' thematically within the evoker specs.
    I was personally hoping that they would ignore green altogether and have Red be the healing part of the class, but I guess they HAD to have the class be about all five. Red Flight really needs better lore or development if all it is is damaging fire... but not really because it also gives life?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling you'll have an empowered ability that will roll back x% of damage that occurred in the last y seconds, which could be an interesting mechanic to use on say, a DPS that took a big blast to the face but has no other damage incoming, you press and hold 1...2...3, and heal them to full. Might not have the luxury on a tank but maybe a hold to one will offset some of a big damage chunk.

Could also see an AoE CD like "Cleansing Fire" which will remove or mitigate effects left on the ground o.O
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a good resource for potential Preservation abilities is Alexstraza and Chromie HotS;

Alexstraza: The interesting thing about her healing spells is that they're enhanced via Dragon form. I think what they're going to do is have her empowered versions be the spell if you charge it all the way up;

Gift of Life
    Cooldown: 7 seconds
    Sacrifice 15% of Alexstrasza's current Health, healing an ally for 150% of that amount.
    Passive: Alextraza's Health regeneration is increased by 150%

Breath of Life
    Cooldown: 3 seconds
    Heal an Ally for 20% of Alexstrasza's current Health.
    Abundance
    75 Mana Cooldown: 14 seconds
    Plant a seed of healing that blooms after 3 seconds, healing nearby allied Heroes for 20% of their maximum Health.

Preservation (I'm pretty sure I saw this in the preview. Also might be the where the spec gets its name)
    Cooldown: 16 seconds
    Plant a seed of healing that blooms after 3 seconds, healing nearby allied Heroes for 30% of their maximum Health.
    Life-Binder
    50 Mana Cooldown: 50 seconds
    Bind Alexstrasa's life force with an allied Hero. Both she and her target are healed for 480 over 2 seconds. Afterward, the Hero with a lower percentage of health is set to the same Health percentage as the other Hero.
    Cleansing Flame
    100 Mana Cooldown: 100 seconds
    After 1.25 seconds, take to the sky and drop fireballs at the position of your mouse cursor every 1.2 seconds for 6 seconds. Each fireball restores 300 Health to nearby allied Heroes, and deals 135 damage to nearby enemies. 2 seconds after dropping all fireballs, Alexstrasza lands at the position of your mouse cursor.
    Surge of Vitality
    Abundance's healing burst grants allied Heroes 30% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
    Lifeblossom
    While Alexstrasza is above 75% Health, Gift of Life creates a Lifeblossom at the target's location. Alexstrasza can collect the Lifeblossom to make her next Gift of Life cost no Health.

Passive: Reduces the cost of Gift of Life to 10% of Alexstrasza's current Health.
    Dragon Scales
    Gain 50 Armor while Stunned, Silenced, or Rooted, and for 2 seconds afterward. Can only trigger once every 10 seconds.
    Life Unbound
    Cooldown: 90 seconds
    Active: Activate to heal an allied Hero for 15% of their maximum Health and deal 200 damage to nearby enemies.
    Blessing of the Red
    Cooldown: 40 seconds
    Active: Activate to grant an allied Hero 500 bonus maximum Health until they die.
    Possible passives;

Tough Love
    Gift of Life grants its target 10 Armor for 2.5 seconds, increased to 30 while Alexstrasza is above 75% Health.

Overprotective
    Heroes healed by Abundance gain a Shield for 6 seconds equal to 70% of the amount healed.

Ritual of Life
    Life-Binder activates 3 times over 6 seconds.

Exuberance
    While above 75% Health, gain 15% Movement Speed.

Chromie: Chromie doesn't have a lot support/healing abilities, but some of her abilities could have applications in a healing spec.

Temporal Loop
    60 Mana Cooldown: 50 seconds
    Choose an enemy Hero. After 3 seconds, they are teleported back to the location where Temporal Loop was cast on them.

Basic Abilities recharge 500% faster for 3 seconds after casting Temporal Loop.
    Here and There
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Active: Activate to teleport to an area near an Echo, swapping it with Chromie's previous location.
    Time Out
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Active: Activate to place Chromie in Stasis and gain Invulnerability for up to 5 seconds. Can be reactivated to end the effect early.
    Quantum Overdrive
    Cooldown: 45 seconds
    Active: Activate to increase Spell Power by 30% for 8 seconds.
    Blessing of the Bronze (The WoW version is essentially Bloodlust)
    Cooldown: 30 seconds
    Active: Activate to cause Chromie and all allied Heroes to gain 20% Movement Speed and their Basic Abilities to recharge 35% faster for 8 seconds.
    Possible Passives

Echo
    Leave behind an echo that mimics Chromie's attacks Maximum of 1 Echo active at a time.
    So Alexstraza's spells potentially offers AoE healing with bonuses at the cost of her life. Chromie's spells offer time-based utility that enhances your spell's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Man, I hope so. I'm all about Bronze and don't really care for Green, so the ability to focus more on Bronze spells would really help with the chronomancer-theme I want to play.

Maybe these 'subspecs' will lead to a Druid-like separation of trees in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will probably be a lot of growth and rejuvenation effects from the green side, while bronze side would make them tick faster or go to full power faster or some sort of Lifebolt at the very least.

Some sort of Healer Alter Time could be a thing too and raid CD could be a damage/health stagger time bubble or like those Elisande bubbles that speed everything up with faster effects/cds/expiration when raid is inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    So in the recent interview with Ion, he went into detail about Evoker healing:

"It's little bits of time manipulation whether that's light versions of a Bloodlust or Power Infusion type effect or even on the healer side, effectively rewinding or turning back time to undo recently sustained injuries. I think that's a type of healing magic we haven't had a chance to explore yet and where some unique mechanics for Preservation Evokers could arise. There's mostly Green/Bronze hybrid on that side and if you the green side of it, it's more traditional dream restorative magic, not too different from what we've seen Druids do, but there's a lot of really exciting opportunities on the Bronze Dragonflight side to just realize new mechanics."

So it sounds like they'll be getting really creative with the Bronze side of healing, and the fact that he talks about "smaller Bloodlust or PI effects" makes me wonder if there'll be heals that also apply them, or if we have short duration buffs we can throw in-between heals? I'm interested in all the ways they can utilize time whether its for buffs or heals in the kit but I'm glad they're approaching it as a new creative way to heal. As someone excited to main a new healer, and have made several time healing concepts in the past, I'm really excited about this

Any other ideas?

I think they could be hold and give them a long-cooldown CDR ability for allies, or let them reset an ally to a point they were at like the hourglasses in End Time?
    Personally i am rather surprised they mentioned green but not red. I am all in favor of time magic healing, and mixing in some traditional green stuff isn't bad either, but when i think of dragons and healing i think of Alexstrasza burning the shit out of stuff and people with dragonfire - painful, empowering, destructive, yet also absolutely life-saving.
    Ignoring this would be a major shortfall.

Mechanically i would think of it as damaging an ally in order to give them a strong defensive buff, or a strong heal that causes a minor knockback on the recipient, or a skill that allows an ally to cheat death ("Bolvar-ing" them) for a time if they are beyond saving anyway.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Personally i am rather surprised they mentioned green but not red. I am all in favor of time magic healing, and mixing in some traditional green stuff isn't bad either, but when i think of dragons and healing i think of Alexstrasza burning the shit out of stuff and people with dragonfire - painful, empowering, destructive, yet also absolutely life-saving.
    Ignoring this would be a major shortfall.

Mechanically i would think of it as damaging an ally in order to give them a strong defensive buff, or a strong heal that causes a minor knockback on the recipient, or a skill that allows an ally to cheat death ("Bolvar-ing" them) for a time if they are beyond saving anyway.
    I felt this way too, but then realized this was the best outcome from a two-spec solution with four dragonflights. Blue is obviously DPS, so the combos would be:

DPS
    -blue/bronze - awesome, but basically arcane mage
    -blue/green - green DPS?!
    -blue/red - fine

Healing
    -red/bronze - AWESOME, but what to do with green? DPS?!
    -red/green - fine
    -bronze/green - also fine, but slightly more exciting

So if you want red in Preservation, what goes into Destruction?

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I felt this way too, but then realized this was the best outcome from a two-spec solution with four dragonflights. Blue is obviously DPS, so the combos would be:

DPS
    -blue/bronze - awesome, but basically arcane mage
    -blue/green - green DPS?!
    -blue/red - fine

Healing
    -red/bronze - AWESOME, but what to do with green? DPS?!
    -red/green - fine
    -bronze/green - also fine, but slightly more exciting

So if you want red in Preservation, what goes into Destruction?
    Black, of course.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like some of the Blizz Devs have been playing some Non-Blizz WoW lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I was personally hoping that they would ignore green altogether and have Red be the healing part of the class, but I guess they HAD to have the class be about all five. Red Flight really needs better lore or development if all it is is damaging fire... but not really because it also gives life?
    Legit bummed that it doesnt just straight up have five specs. Even if it had to step on the toes of other specs, just seeing the spell effects from all five dragonflights, devoting yourself to only one of them, wouldve been really cool. I'm moderately less excited about my Bronze Dracthyr, knowing that he'll also have to use Emerald magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think a good resource for potential Preservation abilities is Alexstraza and Chromie HotS;

Alexstraza: The interesting thing about her healing spells is that they're enhanced via Dragon form. I think what they're going to do is have her empowered versions be the spell if you charge it all the way up;

Possible passives;

Chromie: Chromie doesn't have a lot support/healing abilities, but some of her abilities could have applications in a healing spec.

Possible Passives

So Alexstraza's spells potentially offers AoE healing with bonuses at the cost of her life. Chromie's spells offer time-based utility that enhances your spell's performance.
    Temporal Loop would be so cool in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Black, of course.
    Great answer.

Bronze PVP abilities could be wild
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

RIP blood dk niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    In his interview with MrGM, Holinka mentioned that they're going to possibly implement Blessing of the Bronze as a Preservation Raid utility spell. It's a HotS ability where you reduce the cooldowns of your allies movement abilities (i.e. Blink/Shimmer, Stampeding Roar, Roll, Sprint, etc.).

There's also Blessing of the Red from HotS that might appear in the Devastation spec.

I really always wanted to see a healer with the power of time. Accelerating (attack speed, movement, ability cd) of allies, slowing down enemies, all this is very interesting. Like rewinding time. The only time we've seen anything like this was with the Nightborne, some mobs had a healing option called time rewind (or something like that) and in the Elisande raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    So it sounds like they'll be getting really creative with the Bronze side of healing...

A group level version of Mages Alter-Time as a raid cooldown would be cool. They also talked about Evokers having "timing" Hold and release mechanics, so I'm imagining a group Alter Time that you have to hold the cast for and release when you choose inside the buff window. But the drawback is you can't do any healing while holding the cast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alter time (mage spell) but then for the party :O