Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Probably not, I like the expansion theme but there's nothing new being offered. Same or recycled gameplay systems. For yet another expansion.

BfA was the only expansion i didn't play on launch, because it was so bad. Shadowlands started ok, but the Maw as only endgame until 9.2 drove me away, and even if the new zone is good, i probably only return before Dragonflight. Compared to the shitty theme of BfA and because Sylvanas is hopefully, finally gone forever (hey, we can hope), then i'm really looking forward for it. Blizzard should finally go away with cosmic threads and faction conflict; there is so much still to tell in wow (maybe a new continent in the forbidden sea), so let's hope and see.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Obviously the "no interest option" is the lowest since most people that abandoned wow are not using mmochamp anymore?
    Faith in humanity a little bit restored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably play it, like it, raid a bit, then realize the infinite grind of M+ still exists, then quit. Just like Legion, just like BfA, just like SL. its ok to be "done" for the week, but nope. Gotta keep grinding for that ilvl!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    As always, we'll see. *Every* expansion announcement is made to sound absolutely awesome. You won't see the cracks until late alpha / early beta testing that will tell you how it will really be.
    Even this is a bit contended now with how torghast went, it was great in alpha and early-mid beta iirc., but then late beta when many CCs already put out their opinion they changed it quite drastically even though no one really asked for it.

I can’t keep up with the pace they put out new content and cba to farm items again. Also I don’t like new race herp derp looks. Howevwr I will certainly try to play at some point because I want my old meaningful talent trees back. Been asking for it for 10 years now.

*will i return for dragon flight?*

Lmao.

No.

Currently gave up as no way I can catch up with the long list of complex tasks.
    New expansion seems more straightforward.
    As long as we can go back to the point where 16h per week can have a meaningful impact in character progress and being able to participate in a guilds struggle to defeat endgame PVE then am back.

Unsubscribed permanently in BfA. Shadowlands is the first expansion I haven't purchased. Nothing in Dragonflight shown so far has captivated me to return, but I realise we've not seen everything yet. But it better have something really good to draw me back. I know there's a lot of hate for it but deeply customisable player housing would definitely bring me back

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt it, and in the unlikely scenario that I do, it's to do some very casual sight-seeing stuff. Like no mythics, no PvP, no raiding.

I stopped playing when the first raid of BfA was still current. Shadowlands is the first expansion I've entirely skipped. Not because of the story, I stopped caring about that long ago. What made me lose interest was RaiderIO, and the complete and utter disillusionment it caused. You now had a fucking resume for job applications, and people loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Maybe, but very unlikely. Dragonflight looks fine for now, but it would need to be exceptionnal for me to return, even if just for the single player portion.

Dragonflight looks interesting, but this is Blizz we're talking about.

There's just no gas left in the engine.

The dev team is awesome at spreadsheets and numbers, but they wouldn't know fun if it bit them in the ass.

Its time for WoW to go free to play and just milk their customers for all they can while they sunset the game.

I guess i count as continuing to play since my subs are still active though I haven't played but like 2-3 hrs in 2022 so far.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I guess i count as continuing to play since my subs are still active though I haven't played but like 2-3 hrs in 2022 so far.
    6 month sub, or just let it keep taking your money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Maybe, but very unlikely. Dragonflight looks fine for now, but it would need to be exceptionnal for me to return, even if just for the single player portion.
    I think the issue for some with the announcement was it basically was just "part of a class, part of a race, and.....you can fly dragons - yes, you have been able to fly dragons for 2 decades, but now they go FWOOOSH and spin a lot". There was no hook - no X-Factor. For some, thats fine and they are happy with what was announced. For someone not playing and looking to return, i just dont think they showed anything to bring a player back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    6 month sub, or just let it keep taking your money?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the issue for some with the announcement was it basically was just "part of a class, part of a race, and.....you can fly dragons - yes, you have been able to fly dragons for 2 decades, but now they go FWOOOSH and spin a lot". There was no hook - no X-Factor. For some, thats fine and they are happy with what was announced. For someone not playing and looking to return, i just dont think they showed anything to bring a player back.
    6 months but I couldn't tell you when they renew either... I've been a constant sub since release and just want to keep the streak going, thankfully I can afford it without much thought.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The embarassing lack of content and poor game design makes it hard to justify dropping $75 to play Dragonflight, nevermind staying subbed throughout the expansion's lifecycle.

Nah, while they do have some nice changes like finally not putting talents onto gear, core gameplay loop still broken, small group content still sucks, handholding still strong.

Just when things started to make right in bfa, they did 180 in SL and killed game.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah, while they do have some nice changes like finally not putting talents onto gear, core gameplay loop still broken, small group content still sucks, handholding still strong.

Just when things started to make right in bfa, they did 180 in SL and killed game.
    What do you feel was a 180 between BfA and SL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Hard to say. I hated BfA and SL, lowest point the game has ever been.
    Took a break, playing some casual mythic raiding now with friends, but thats about it.

I am super hyped for Dragonflight, because it finally leaves behind all those aweful storylines / cosmic powrr bullshit that I came to hate in SL.
    However, they also leave a lot of the story problems completely unsolved. Blizzard tries to go back to square 1 with horde/alliance relationship, but Teldrassil is still in the room. We need a huge timeskip and we need it right now, talking about ten thousands of years here, were all the people who were alive today, including night elves and draenei are dead.
    As this did not happen, the story of Dragonflight already makes no sense right from the start and is doomed to fail.

Ignoring story stuff, I am excited to see how long time motivation is going to be addressed in DF. They failed in WoD completely, aced it in legion with the way legendaries and AP worked, failed misrably in BfA and even harder in SL. If DF turns into another raidlogging expansion, I am immediately out again.
    The biggest problem is that they still think pets, mounts and titles are still interesting rewards. They are cool, to an extend, but they need to move to new things. Player power is a big thing here ofc, but even if you only want to go for cosmetics, they need to find something new and exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Wtf are you talking about? BfA was a watered down version of legion with a much worse story. SL was a watered down version of BfA, with an even worse story.
    All of it was bad, but there was no 180° turn AFAIK on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    As always, we'll see. *Every* expansion announcement is made to sound absolutely awesome. You won't see the cracks until late alpha / early beta testing that will tell you how it will really be.
    "It's just alpha bro, it will surely be fixed before beta!" "Its just beta, calm down, it will never go live like this" "there simply was not enough time to change it before launch, but they WILL address it in 10.1!" "You know how tight the deadline was for 10.1 because of Corona, don't blame them, 10.2 will fix it"

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a hard no. Shadowlands killed WarCraft for me. Dragonflight is way too little and way too late at this point. Even if some of the gameplay improvements sound good on paper, same could be said about Shadowlands. Look where that got us. The story for Dragonflight is also just very mediocre and boring. The pre-rendered cinematic is the worst one out of any expansion as well.

They will find a way to screw things up. The same people are still in charge of the direction of WoW and I do not expect them to change.