Page 5 of 390 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ok, I seem to be wrong, but my question is that because it includes medically necessary, or do poeple actually think its fine to abort a 30 week old fetus?

because the later is ew
    Same Source:

Nearly 99% of abortions occur before 21 weeks, but when they are needed later in pregnancy, it’s often in very complex circumstances. For example, severe fetal anomalies and serious risks to the pregnant person's health — the kind of situations where patients and their doctors need every medical option available.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, anyone rethinking their decision to sit out voting for Clinton because she wasn't "progressive enough" or "had an entitled attitude?"

Make no mistake, Trump's justices made this possible.

Always remember what the price of apathy is. It can be very high.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Same Source:
    well its always been legal for medical purposes. I was always refering to willy nilly post 20 week abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Only until they're born, though. Then they tend not to give a shit.
    Half right, they selectively give a shit,
    If the baby is rich and white, it’s sacred.

If the baby is poor and white, it’s important if it’s pretty otherwise it’s just gods will that they suffer.

If it’s not white, its gods will and likely better off they were dead because of “insert racist trope here” about their parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So, anyone rethinking their decision to sit out voting for Clinton because she wasn't "progressive enough" or "had an entitled attitude?"

Make no mistake, Trump's justices made this possible.

Always remember what the price of apathy is. It can be very high.
    @UnifiedDivide

Told ya
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

well its always been legal for medical purposes. I was always refering to willy nilly post 20 week abortions.
    Abortions past 20 weeks are never "Willy-nilly". These are women that planned to have a child and, for whatever reason, need to have an abortion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Even more reason for women to leave shithole Red States if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    At what point does the right of the mother supercede the right to life of the baby?
    Mother over unviable baby, any day of the week, twice on sundays. The fetus doesn't get rights til it is born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abortions past 20 weeks are never "Willy-nilly". These are women that planned to have a child and, for whatever reason, need to have an abortion.
    yes, always for medical reasons. And that si what Im fine with. What I wouldnt be ok with is aborting a 30 week old fetus because your economic status changed, etc.

yes, always for medical reasons. And that si what Im fine with. What I wouldnt be ok with is aborting a 30 week old fetus because your economic status changed, etc.
    No medical professional performs those types of abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So 8 months and 3 weeks is fine to abort? Not a real baby?
    There isn't any abortions at that point, ANYWHERE.

Not your fetus, not your decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no words for the state of the US right now.

I'm glad I left, and am now happily living in a real democracy.

But seriously, Dems need to get their shit together, and fast.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not your fetus, not your decision.
    sorry, but that's gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that bodily autonomy is all but gone -- at what point can we start expecting forced blood, tissue, and organ donations? The whole concept behind Roe was that you couldn't force one person to keep another alive.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    No medical professional performs those types of abortions.
    yeah, I know that. Guy linked me a poll saying 60% of poeple want post 20 week abortion legalized and I wanted to know why that would be, because the mere fact post 20 weeks is only performed for medical reasons certainly implies most people think of post 20 weeks as a baby already

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    You'll be surprised to know that the 14th amendment doesn't mention abortion, and it appears several justices don't think it's implied to some degree. Legal scholars will both agree and disagree with that, depending on who you ask. Remember, stuff has a greater claim to "fucking constitutionally protected right," because it's actually mentioned in the constitution. If you have problems with the constitutional right to peaceably assemble, or the right to bear arms, then you're coming smack dab against the constitution.
    No, it doesn't mention abortion, but it does mention bodily autonomy. The 14th Amendment was used to to justify the way they ruled in Roe V Wade.

There isn't a legal scholar ANYWHERE that will disagree with bodily autonomy.

sorry, but that's gross.
    Not as gross as telling a woman she has to give birth to a child with a hole in it's stomach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as gross as telling a woman she has to give birth to a child with a hole in it's stomach.
    fetal birth defects that would result in the baby dying soon after birth fall under medical shit too. and most fetal birth defects that wouldnt result in death cna be detected before the 20 week cutoff, normally.

It's been over 4 years but I hope all who chose to sat out 2016 don', can't say jack. Sadly this falls much on women than men, but voting has consequences.

The next thing is besides the good ole 20 plus states, but any blue state that may swing Republican will get these laws. Perhaps a 60 majority or ironically the Republicans killing the filibuster making it a national law.

Now there is always these polls where Rice v Wade was supported by almost 60%. Yet people who support seemed not to be the people who went out to vote. Personally I knew in 2016 there was a judge on the ticket.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

yeah, I know that. Guy linked me a poll saying 60% of poeple want post 20 week abortion legalized and I wanted to know why that would be
    Because if it's not legal, a person can't legally get an abortion if their life is in danger from carrying the pregnancy. What are we even talking about here...