Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    damn u were fast xd wanted to edit, anyway yes: ....
    Last edited by Scaleface; 2022-05-03 at 05:01 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    damn u were fast xd wanted to edit, anyway yes: ....
    Removed it for you!

I had to immediately close the stream when the two hosts overacted saying the game's fucking name; somehow the cringe eclipsed anything from any E3 in years past.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

So...loks like a very meh "Clash of Warcraft" game rather than something genuinely new and interesting. Not surprising since they likely want low-cost/high return games and the Clash of Clans model delivers that in a very big way.

If nothing else the trailer looks great, Blizzards animation team continues to be the strongest team at the studio. I kinda wish they'd just like, put less emphasis on games and more on creating more dope animations.

That must be the most generic looking piece of mobile shit I have seen in years.

I can already see the icon with the yelling guy on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you ether make clash of clans rip offs or girl collecting sims but blizzard is too woke for the latter so this was obvious

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Never really played/looked at Clash of Clans, but it looks more like an updated version of Clash Royale, from what little I've seen. Not sure why anyone expected anything more.
    Tbh, I expected an even more updated version of Clash Royale.
    This seems to be rather pathetic in terms of what they added to this kind of game imho.

Best quote out of the announcement btw:

"I like this map because I made it *happy face*" - ya....well. I'm pretty sure that's basically all there is to like on a "map" with 3 lines (one left, one right, one diagonally)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-03 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    See, I find that kind of cool looking and would play the hell out of it... if it actually was WoW. You could run vanilla WoW on a current gen smartphone or tablet nooooo question, the only real update it would need is simplifying the talent/char progression/combat/interface for the touch controls, and clearly there are already templates they could "borrow" ideas from like those templates "borrowed" Blizzard's IP and aesthetic.
    I want to say there are no templates that make touch controls anything but awful. It's unfortunate, but there just hasn't been a way discovered yet imo. Touch control only options are just terrible, and probably a giant reason mobile games are low effort/bad on average.

There are plenty of solutions, but none that would likely ever be adopted by casual mobile gamers. Instead, the games themselves have to change to adhere to the terrible touch screen controls. No solution has yet presented itself. There are cheap, small, light, excellent wrap around controllers, but they will never be adopted en masse. They don't solve the problem. I love turn based games, so at least those still work well, but yeah, overall ergonomics of gaming on a cell phone are pure garbage that of course would be panned as a primary play method on any other gaming platform. We accept these negatives out of necessity and convenience. We already have the hardware, might as well figure out a way to turn it into a terrible video game platform, because a terrible video game platform is WAY better than none at all.

Another example, movies/tv is of course absolutely atrocious on a cell phone compared to most other options(cinema being the premium for most folks). I'd also guess the number of hours per day watched on a cell phone is staggering. We take what we can get.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-03 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well you ether make clash of clans rip offs or girl collecting sims but blizzard is too woke for the latter so this was obvious
    i dont get it,isnt the free representation of the female body woke?

As I watched the announcement the only thing that came to my mind was that meme of the guy holding a bag of dog crap saying

“I don’t know what I expected”

It looks like the warhammer aos realm war but a lot sillier. Warhammer realm war units looked heroic. Warcraft mobile units are all made to be silly, blocky like clash games. clash games are huge , blizz wants to take some of it themselves, too.
    Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2022-05-03 at 09:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i dont get it,isnt the free representation of the female body woke?
    Feminists dont know what they want, but anyway the point is selling chicks in bikins to men for a bajillion dollars and they wont be doing that

The mobile game wouldn't have been much better had it been gacha. The problem with gacha is that the whole concept is about selling you characters, which means that you can't have stories in which those player owned characters are killed off. Which means there is no tension, which means no investment in the story. It just becomes slice of life fluff, which is the opposite of what the Warcraft audience wants. If you want comfort food characters eating sandwiches, go play FFXIV or one of the ten billion anime gachas out there.

Still no idea why Blizzard thinks Warcraft fans want to play... clash of clans... or why young zoomers addicted to their phones would care about Warcraft and play a CoC ripoff rather than just play the real deal.

So I tried hinting at them earlier what would get my interest in this game. I am just going to be blatant about it on mmoc.. I've tried pretty much every promotion/incentive that rewards an item in World of Warcraft. (Truth) I did both Hearthstone promotions. The game failed to grab my interests but it very well could've worked for someone else. I know with the HoTS promo, I did actual play some HoTS for a bit. (Couple of months?) So that would be considered a successful promotion.

Hoping World of Warcraft will get some proper care again. I will find out in upcoming months. Maybe I will see some potential incentives again in the future for all these mobile games they been trying to do. As for Hearthstone I heard it went sour do to hardcore p2w decks. (these are just things I heard) Hopefully Blizzard learnt something from that and will try to relax a bit. I know raiding suffered this expansion due to that same business model. (I made my first legendary yesterday and seen the cost. Let alone when the content was first released... I could only imagine..)Take it easy on your customers. It has obviously been working against them.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-05-03 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually worse than I thought, though the target audience really isn't anyone who has played more than a cumulative 100 hours of Blizzard games.

I expected them to just copy some hit concept. I didn't expect them to copy concepts from 10 years ago.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Not for me then again i pretty much never play mobile games i only have Kingdom Rush games on my phone. Honestly though this dont look very good.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/blizzard-wa...jdnU3A4Gjn3dKp

So it is confirmed now. What kind of a game will it be? Will it be rts, rpg, base building . let us start speculation.

I believe they may do something like command and conquer did. Like two opposite sides building units and trying to capture little points on map and move forward.
    For me, it looks like a cross between Heroes of the Storm and Skylanders

And since Blizzard owns the former IP and Activision the latter, there is no danger of lawsuits for ripping off IPs.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am not against the art style, but the game couldn't look more like a generic clone of whatever tower defense game like Clash Royale. It literally has nothing that makes it stand out and honestly it doesn't feel a part of Warcraft at all, not even in the expanded universe thing. It simply doesn't feel a Warcraft game of any sort, hell not even a Blizzard game as a whole.

Game has lootboxes and is already blocked in Belgium/Netherlands. I can see it being successful in terms of revenue, but the whole gameplay loop is literally "touch the screen here and there and grind/pay to beat harder levels". As much as they can sell how this is a strategy game, in the end strategy doesn't mean shit since it's built to make you bruteforce the levels.

Guilds, PvP and raids are just the usual generic tropes all kind of mobile games have.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not sure why anyone expected anything more.
    Because in 2022, most phones have more computer power than standard computers, I think it's OK to expect more serious games. I'm not interest the slightest in Diablo Immortal, but at least that looks like a videogame.

So yeah, overall nobody in his right mind should be expecting any serious stuff with nowadays' Blizzard, but technically, people were hoping for a more serious game within Warcraft/WoW's universe.

From what I see here, my main issue personally is the lack of personality. I mean, Blizzard in the past has sued Chinese rip-offs which had more the Warcraft vibe than this thing, which is normal as they've basically used WoW/Warcraft assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Because in 2022, most phones have more computer power than standard computers, I think it's OK to expect more serious games. I'm not interest the slightest in Diablo Immortal, but at least that looks like a videogame.

So yeah, overall nobody in his right mind should be expecting any serious stuff with nowadays' Blizzard, but technically, people were hoping for a more serious game within Warcraft/WoW's universe.

From what I see here, my main issue personally is the lack of personality. I mean, Blizzard in the past has sued Chinese rip-offs which had more the Warcraft vibe than this thing, which is normal as they've basically used WoW/Warcraft assets.
    Who expected a "serious" game? You? Pretty general statement with no credibility without any data.

This style of game has proven to be huge money makers, why would blizzard create some niche warcraft rpg that only warcraft fans will play.

When they can create a game like this and reach 100000x more players as it's just a warcraft skin basically. You don't know how business's work and that's ok, but please stfu with your drivel and leave it to the actual makera of the game that have more analysts than you have active brain cells.