Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also reminds me of South Park where they took out the asshole ganker and then after no lifing go "ok NOW we can have fun"..After doing an insane amount of mind numbing grinding.
    Yeah, that's MMOs in general. You're constantly chasing the "fun" and it's certainly right around the corner - just one more grind to finish, one more item to get, etc - but then it's never really quite there.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Imagine joining a pickup basketball game at the gym, acting like its the fucking NBA, ruining the fun for everyone, and then claiming everyone else is being "rude" for not also acting like a delusional, narcissistic maniac.
    Imagine going to a multi-basketball court event which is split into age groups, and somehow you, the 10 year old think you are amazing hot shit cause you took a participation trophy when you were 8 year old, and now you demand to the 20 year olds that are miles better, and even the NBA prospects to play with you, and they tell you "What the fuck" and you throw a tantrum screaming that you paid 15$ to attend this event and you demand to get carried.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-05-03 at 05:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The community comes across as entitled because a large vocal part of it is entitled.

This is on display any time blizzard puts out any thing other then a main line game or update, hearthstone, hots, the new model game, every time blizzard try’s to target a new market people bitch and moan because they have the audacity to put time and money into any thing other then what the vocal complainers like.

This is on full display with todays announcement.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Imagine going to a multi-basketball court event which is split into age groups, and somehow you, the 10 year old think you are amazing hot shit cause you took a participation trophy when you were 8 year old, and now you demand to the 20 year olds that are miles better, and even the NBA prospects to play with you, and they tell you "What the fuck" and you throw a tantrum screaming that you paid 15$ to attend this event and you demand to get carried.
    If you are pugging M+, you aren't the equivalent of an NBA prospect. You are the equivalent of someone playing a pickup game at the gym. If an NBA prospect shows up at a gym pickup game and starts going off on everyone for not acting like it's the NBA, guess who the asshole is? If you treat a gym pickup game like it is a tryout for the NBA, you are a fucking maniac who should be banned from the gym. The idea that you actually believe that that would be reasonable behavior is exactly the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    The problem is you can't make everyone equal with multiple difficulties unless you break the game for the majority of its players. If you are average you end up with average results.

Some people have to aim their sights lower. Become the friendly neighborhood spiderman rather then dr strange.
    It's a video game, and it is one that we pay a fee for. It's supposed to entertain us, not act as a creepy funnel to make people stroke your ego.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

If you are pugging M+, you aren't the equivalent of an NBA prospect. You are the equivalent of someone playing a pickup game at the gym. If an NBA prospect shows up at a gym pickup game and starts going off on everyone for not acting like it's the NBA, guess who the asshole is? If you treat a gym pickup game like it is a tryout for the NBA, you are a fucking maniac who should be banned from the gym. The idea that you actually believe that that would be reasonable behavior is exactly the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a video game, and it is one that we pay a fee for. It's supposed to entertain us, not act as a creepy funnel to make people stroke your ego.
    It's a mmo. You are one amongst a million. Make your own story don't seethe about not being the most powerful.

So a pickup game of 20 year olds should accept a clueless 10 year old because they are in the same gym? Please enlighten me with your logic.

You just make examples that suit your needs with 0% accuracy and ignore any answer as usual that doesnt fit your narrative, while the narrative following basketball is exactly how i described it, maybe not NBA prospects but definitely people in a completely different skillset.

And a NBA prospect would never show up at a pickup game because he wouldnt have time to do so and would have better people to play with, as happens in M+ also.

You keep going about ego every single time and simply dont accept that some people do not want to waste time with inferior players when there is a massive pool of decent players.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-05-03 at 05:57 PM.

That's the whole thing, people really see themselves that way. That's why they sit there rejecting classes for their +3 key because they need "The comp that Echo ran in the MDI".

Wide swaths of the WoW community have become absolutely obsessed with concepts like this. It has always been this way I suppose, but not to the extent that it is now.

It's funny because my sub history since MoP has basically been, "Quit for a couple years, come back because of nostalgia, experience the community and remember why I quit in the first place, repeat" and I can only assume that a lot of other people are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    That's the whole thing, people really see themselves that way.
    And thats the issue, its not the actual decent player you have a problem with, its the same guy as you that you get to play with, because you arent decent enough, he is just as clueless as you, but stupider and copies everything he sees cause he doesnt know anything else, cause the gaming of the last 5 years is based on guides.

Its an endless cycle of shitness which can be avoided, if you 1)Waste some time getting better 2)Find people while doing 1.

And thats the issue, its not the actual decent player you have a problem with, its the same guy as you that you get to play with, because you arent decent enough, he is just as clueless as you, but stupider and copies everything he sees cause he doesnt know anything else, cause the gaming of the last 5 years is based on guides.

Its an endless cycle of shitness which can be avoided, if you 1)Waste some time getting better 2)Find people while doing 1.
    Not sure what kind of logic that is...I don't even bother with pugging anymore because of how shit it is, so you can stuff whatever shade you're trying to throw here.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It's a mmo. You are one amongst a million. Make your own story don't seethe about not being the most powerful.
    The only one who cares about what other people have is *you*.

- - - Updated - - -

So a pickup game of 20 year olds should accept a clueless 10 year old because they are in the same gym? Please enlighten me with your logic.
    They should act appropriately for the given venue. If you are in the NBA playoffs, act like you are in the NBA playoffs. If you are playing a pickup game at the gym, act like you are playing a pickup game at the gym. The psycho that joins a pickup game at the gym and takes it too seriously is such a notorious stereotype that everyone knows is bad that it is hilarious to watch you back yourself into a corner of having to defend it.

You just make examples that suit your needs with 0% accuracy and ignore any answer as usual that doesnt fit your narrative, while the narrative following basketball is exactly how i described it, maybe not NBA prospects but definitely people in a completely different skillset.
    People with different skill levels play together at the gym all the time. There is only a problem when one of them acts like a lunatic who thinks the pickup game is march madness.

And a NBA prospect would never show up at a pickup game because he wouldnt have time to do so and would have better people to play with, as happens in M+ also.
    When I was living in a major city, I personally played pickup games of multiple sports with semi-professional athletes, and that's not even counting college athletes. This is not as weird of a situation as you think it is, but I do find that people that rarely leave the house have a lot of strange perceptions about how social interactions work in real life. Funnily enough, it was never those semi-professional guys that took it too seriously and acted like weirdos. The people who do that are usually good, but not great, and have a chip on their shoulder about it.

You keep going about ego every single time and simply dont accept that some people do not want to waste time with inferior players when there is a massive pool of decent players.
    That's what the weirdo at the gym thinks too. He thinks you are wasting his time for not pretending the gym is the conference finals. But that's why he should schedule his own games with other people that want to act like that, rather than doing PICKUP games.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Exaaaactly!

The South Park episode never was more true to me than during Legion. I'm out here raiding Mythic and I have people breathing down my back "You have to reach this many artifact levels by Tuesday or you're benched" "You're expected to continue doing Emissary quests until you have obtained the two BiS legendary items, but you're encouraged to keep farming them for additional items which could get buffed or nerfed in the next patch."

My whole guild was farming Mythic plus constantly for titanforged pieces of gear and/or AP, and we literally would just be complaining the entire time about how boring it was but we also kept doing it because we felt like it was necessary in order for us to have a good time doing Mythic raids like we used to.

It's the reason I enjoyed the way Vanilla WoW worked. You didn't necessarily require BiS gear to clear Molten Core. If your raid was sweaty and wanted to use flasks and stuff, then you just needed to find a way to earn gold. Everything you needed as a raider was pretty much obtainable with gold, so I was working from home and I spent a lot of that time farming lava elementals and whatnot in order to get gold. After like 2 months, I had enough gold to last me most of the expansion and I was left with a ton of free time. Used that time to level a mage and then started doing ZG trash clears for Bijous. It was all on my time, not when the game told me I could do it.
    I didn't have to log in every 8 hours to get the fire elemental world quest that rewarded me with 20 whatever the material was, I could just do it whenever. Maybe I was tired after work and didn't want to log into WoW one day. No problem. I'll just farm for 16 hours on Saturday because I have no life on the weekend LOL but you could make up time whenever.
    See and i enjoyed legion because i could just play. No pressure and i always had something to do.

Honestly if it wasn't for the AP grind i suspect legion would have had something for literally everyone with minimal to no pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yeah, that's MMOs in general. You're constantly chasing the "fun" and it's certainly right around the corner - just one more grind to finish, one more item to get, etc - but then it's never really quite there.
    Nahhh i can just have fun. og Wow i just had fun leveling. Wrath i enjoyed leveling and running dungeons with the occasional raid i pug.

It was just fun. Today? Constant chore lists

The only one who cares about what other people have is *you*.

- - - Updated - - -

They should act appropriately for the given venue. If you are in the NBA playoffs, act like you are in the NBA playoffs. If you are playing a pickup game at the gym, act like you are playing a pickup game at the gym. The psycho that joins a pickup game at the gym and takes it too seriously is such a notorious stereotype that everyone knows is bad that it is hilarious to watch you back yourself into a corner of having to defend it.

People with different skill levels play together at the gym all the time. There is only a problem when one of them acts like a lunatic who thinks the pickup game is march madness.

When I was living in a major city, I personally played pickup games of multiple sports with semi-professional athletes, and that's not even counting college athletes. This is not as weird of a situation as you think it is, but I do find that people that rarely leave the house have a lot of strange perceptions about how social interactions work in real life. Funnily enough, it was never those semi-professional guys that took it too seriously and acted like weirdos. The people who do that are usually good, but not great, and have a chip on their shoulder about it.

That's what the weirdo at the gym thinks too. He thinks you are wasting his time for not pretending the gym is the conference finals. But that's why he should schedule his own games with other people that want to act like that, rather than doing PICKUP games.
    Again, twisting it to your narrative when it doesnt even reflect reality even to 1%, and trying to assume and insult, cause people randomly walk into groups screaming, and they werent picked in the LFD, only that destroys your whole dumb example.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's an extremely entitled community. All popular games or games that were once popular are sadly like this.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Nahhh i can just have fun. og Wow i just had fun leveling. Wrath i enjoyed leveling and running dungeons with the occasional raid i pug.

It was just fun. Today? Constant chore lists
    I mostly agree, but I also just think that maybe my mindset changed as well. But maybe it's the endless chores that contributed to that change of mindset. I dunno. Maybe it's the community as well.

Never feels like I should just log in to do something for fun anymore, it always has to be progression, farming something, whatever. Or else I'll just be constantly locked out of playing the game by the community and their expectations.

I literally get more enjoyment out of my job than I do in WoW most of the time. Actually, gaming is probably the most stressful part of my life, now that I think about it. Probably why I always just quit after subbing for one month.

Again, twisting it to your narrative when it doesnt even reflect reality even to 1%, and trying to assume and insult, cause people randomly walk into groups screaming, and they werent picked in the LFD, only that destroys your whole dumb example.
    No matter how you try to spin it, pugging is absolutely comparable to a pickup basketball game, and EVERYONE knows that the guy who takes pickup basketball too seriously is a giant piece of shit. You are now just mad that the comparison is too valid for you to argue against.
    -ynnady

No matter how you try to spin it, pugging is absolutely comparable to a pickup basketball game, and EVERYONE knows that the guy who takes pickup basketball too seriously is a giant piece of shit. You are now just mad that the comparison is too valid for you to argue against.
    I dont pug ever, good attempt though, keep pretending your narrative exists at any plane and existence.

Contact marvel for your multiverse story also.

Gen Z and Millennials. Next question.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, just maybe, they come off as brats because they are just that, brats in various ages.

I dont pug ever, good attempt though, keep pretending your narrative exists at any plane and existence.

Contact marvel for your multiverse story also.
    There's a reason you aren't countering my point anymore and just hurling insults and declaring victory.
    -ynnady

ITT: Bads who can't get relevant experience complain about not getting into elite groups