Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    being a mobile game is not an excuse for crappy art anymore.
    go look at genshin impact.
    is not the same game plus wow playerbase knows that the age of consent is 18

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Diablo Immortal, Genshin Impact, games you can play on both platforms and that have cross-progression. That is what we want. It's not that mindblowing really.
    That is what you want. Many others want this. People here need to realize that they are not the target audiene and that they are no longer the only audience either.

Happy for those that will play. I won't be one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good that can come of this is if Blizzard outsources their ads to one of those insane marketing AI hiveminds that make shit like this:

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    If it's free to play, I might try it for the hell of it. Might be something to do before bed or while waiting for a doctor.

I mean...maybe? Full fledged mobile mmos are a thing, several exist.
    This is MMO champion, dude. Only Blizzard games exist here. I know it isn't technically an MMO, but Genshin Impact pushed the boundaries of what we expect from a mobile game pretty far. This little something...clearly won't. But since Candy Crush brings home ten times as much money as Blizzard, maybe it doesn't need to. Polish or innovation not mandatory. Just push out something cheap for people with a lot of money and minimal standards.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The problem is no one was really asking for a mobile game from Blizzard in the first place. For long-time fans of Blizzard, it sucks seeing this company resort to mobile games like Clash of Clans. I'm a fan of great video games, not this. Blizzard is so far away from what it used to be. It's pathetic.
    Why does it suck? This whole anti mobile snobbery is nothing more than PC gamers being anti console snobs in the past. Mobiles are as much a gaming platform as PCs and Consoles. Any gaming company going to mobile and going "Hmm nah" are basically avoiding one of the big 3 types of platforms.

It's basically exactly what I was thinking it'd be. In every way.

I'll try it, but I don't play mobile games, so I don't care about it regardless.

Hard to feel like they couldn't of come up with a much better name fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    being a mobile game is not an excuse for crappy art anymore.
    go look at genshin impact.
    Y'all cant ever tell the difference between style, resolution and art quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a try

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, looks okay. Just hope it isn't predatorial on Candy Crush levels.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    lazy p2w trash with Warcraft IP pasted over it
    True and real

Yeah well ok, it looks as I expected a mobile game would look. But I guess I am over 30 years older than their target audience, so have fun whoever wants to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Why does it suck? This whole anti mobile snobbery is nothing more than PC gamers being anti console snobs in the past. Mobiles are as much a gaming platform as PCs and Consoles. Any gaming company going to mobile and going "Hmm nah" are basically avoiding one of the big 3 types of platforms.
    It's weird that people really have to ask this question.

Blizzard is a company that's made some of the best AAA games in the industry. So it should come as no surprise when the Blizzard fanbase gets disappointed to see them making mobile games.

"Why does it suck?" Because there are a thousand indie mobile game companies that have made these Clash of Clans rip offs. These games are mindless entertainment that are good enough for bored, phone-addicted people to play in between chores or on bathroom breaks. This isn't a high-quality game with great story, new innovations, awesome gameplay; none of that can be expected with a game like this. This is a game that is just released to farm revenue from people who can't help themselves. If that's not clear to you, well you might have that problem.

No one would shit on this game if it was random unknown mobile game developer #4592 that released it. But Blizzard releasing this is disappointing. They can do so much better, and this is what they choose to do. It's pathetic.

This isn't behavior we should encourage from the top developers/publishers out there. Everyone knows that mobile games generate the most revenue, but that doesn't mean they're even comparable to good PC/console games; they're not. They're just meant to stimulate you enough that you choose to play them when you have absolutely nothing else to do but you're too addicted to gaming to help yourself.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2022-05-03 at 05:48 PM.

my expectations we low but this is below low

microsoft may to have to rething their offer for blizz.

After looking it over i think that it *could* be decent, but i'm just gonna post my initial reaction anyway.
    Because first impressions, well, they're rarely a 100%, but they're never without a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The issue is that most mobile games are not game made for mobile : they generally are pc games dumbed down to fit in a mobile. We have no issues in mobile games that takes full advantage of the mobile plateform like Pokemon Go or Monument Valley, we have issues with games that have no reasons to be on mobile except making more money.

Hilarious to me that Blizzard is so happy to use Tinkers to promote their new IPs/content yet we as players have no way to relate/experience the WoW IP as such characters, fucking sad.

It seems neat, something to play while I use the bathroom or something. But uhhh.... why the hell isn't in releasing right now? No one gives a fuck about reveals and waits for mobile games, just release the bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    is not the same game plus wow playerbase knows that the age of consent is 18
    what is even that response? maybe stay off twitter
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nobody asked for an MMO from Blizzard, either, look how that turned out...
    Ah right this will definitely be in the levels of WoW.