Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So... Basically Lord of Verminion but with a Warcraft coat of paint?
    And LoV is just a free, side game on a much grander game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I was knee deep in EQ at the time, so I didn't pay too much attention to WoW, other than poking fun at the "MMO for babies" lol But as the months went on, friends in EQ just migrated over until I joined them, now here we are.
    Lol same here. I also went with the EQ2 hype train making fun of the cartoony mmo for kids. Come release in EU I followed the crowd and 17 years later here we are!

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks good game play but too cartoonyish like a disney like game...if its free to play it will be all okay

Quote Originally Posted by Weeksie View Post
    I like the art style, and Tower Offense sounds like a cool twist on the genre. High quality mobile games can be fun sometimes, I'm excited to give it a try.

The overwhelmingly negative response from the users here and on YouTube is so typical, it's sad.
    This is nothing like a twist, this is basically Clash Royale, nothing innovativ. Yes, there can be quality mobile games : those that are designed for the plateform and take full advantage of its specificities. This game however seems like a game that could be played on pc, but simplified in order to fit in mobile.

The nicest thing I can say is that it's not for me and we all expected them to squeeze something like that out. So no surprise..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 (fifty) people worked on this garbage, including Tom Chilton. Just what in the fuck

Cringe fortnite graprhics

Next weeks announcement...

Warcraft Candy Crush
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Waist of time and money to make this but thats just me.
    Hope some will enjoy this but its not for me.

While this is clearly one of those: "Just ignore it, move on and don't look at it" kind of things... It still just rubs me the wrong way that I KNOW this game will get more budget, attention, care, consideration and development power than all of their other IP's combined in the long run.

And before anyone tries to pull a: "But it's massive revenue can be used to boost their other IP's" then I need not point further than to Hearthstone which still makes an IMMENSE amount of money... Yet Warcraft 3: Refunded still happened...

3+ Year Old Account
    Horde: Horde Leaders like [...] Sneed
    Formerly Chuck.

OT: This is a big, fat "meh" from me. Not really gonna complain, since it looks to be generic mobile schlock, so whatever.

Side note: Smartphone emulators do exist if you're really itching to play it on PC.

7+ Year Old Account
    they better not lock any cool cosmetics from other blizz gamez behind this mobile trash

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If Blizzard realizes they can earn 10x the profit with a quarter of the effort with these mobile rip-off games with Blizzard IP skins, why should they bother reinvesting into being a AAA developer with awesome PC games? Wouldn't it make the most sense to just keep making more mobile Blizzard skin games?

That's the direction here. The new team at Blizzard are more than happy to just ride the coat tails of the existing IPs with basic, thoughtless reskinned mobile games, instead of putting in the time and effort to be AAA developers again. It's really just copium to believe they'll reinvest mobile game earnings into PC game development. You have to actually care about being a high-quality dev to make a decision not based on easy profit, and when was the last time Blizzard showed they cared about that?
    Now that you mention it. I could imagine this with a Starcraft or Diablo skin. EASILY! Since Diablo is already gone mobile, I would have chosen to do this as a Starcraft mobile at first. Using Warcraft for this just screams of milking a dead cow.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My dear friend @Teriz, Tinkers have now become playable in a stupid mobile game no one cares about, but they are still nowhere to be seen in WoW. What is the meaning of this? When will Tinkers finally come to the main game? Please enlighten me.
    Uh, they're in the main game (WoW), just not in playable form. If anything, this only solidifies that the "Tinker" is indeed a class archetype in Warcraft.

Look even more kiddy than current hearthstone. And will involve loot box.

They really want little timmy to steal mommy's credit card huh ?

Anyway, mobile games are shit by default, even more when they are just shameless cashgrabs.
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2022-05-03 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, they're in the main game (WoW), just not in playable form. If anything, this only solidifies that the "Tinker" is indeed a class archetype in Warcraft.
    I don't think that this game solidifies anything in the warcraft universe.

Expected it to look very mobile gamey. Yeah, gonna give this one a pass. I'm sure it'll find its market somewhere.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    cuz maybe the younger and newer audience isn't playing WoW, and I highly doubt this is what's going to draw them in. Blizz's main audience is 30 year old white dudes, lets be real.
    They don;t have to play WoW to get into this,. Mobile games are very popular with the younger people and this is a similar game to others that are already out there, just with a Warcraft theme.

Is anyone else annoyed that this is another "game within the game"? I was really hoping for something canon....

Pass. It's a mobile game so it must automatically be deemed crap!

Moving on...