Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Paladin is a breeze to do too. Only model work needed is race specific mounts. Lore additions is the most needed to explain new paladins, and maybe Blizz might wanna recolor abilities for certain races (like NE pallies having soft white light of Elune looking spells).
    It depends how they do it. Creating a new order for races would take a fair amount of work to do. But it can be as simple as opening up the ranks to more members with only a racial mount being needed.

Ideally I'd like to see the order be a choice after character creation. Sort of like Covenants where a Paladin can pick between a few different orders and change it around if they wanted to. Instead of racial mounts they would have order-based mounts. The lore already supports this as the Order of the Silver hand can "disable" a persons ability to use their orders spells when kicking them out but can't stop them from drawing on the light.

It would be cool if they could extend that to all of the classes as well to offer more variation in lore for different races/cultures. A diet version of Legion Order Halls that allow for a little class based stories each expansion and occasionally stuff like green fire for warlocks or the Shaman WoD set.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It depends how they do it. Creating a new order for races would take a fair amount of work to do. But it can be as simple as opening up the ranks to more members with only a racial mount being needed.

Ideally I'd like to see the order be a choice after character creation. Sort of like Covenants where a Paladin can pick between a few different orders and change it around if they wanted to. Instead of racial mounts they would have order-based mounts. The lore already supports this as the Order of the Silver hand can "disable" a persons ability to use their orders spells when kicking them out but can't stop them from drawing on the light.

It would be cool if they could extend that to all of the classes as well to offer more variation in lore for different races/cultures. A diet version of Legion Order Halls that allow for a little class based stories each expansion and occasionally stuff like green fire for warlocks or the Shaman WoD set.
    I'm not sure "creating a new order" requires much in the way of "work", at least insofar as modeling, or animation work is concerned. At most, texture work might be needed assuming the devs wanna recolor spells and make some unique tabards. A new order seems more lore crafting than anything else. Once the lore is developed by the writers, adding npc's to the game using mostly existing assets is super easy.

Order swapping as you've presented is actual work and I honestly believe beyond the scope of the time and resources Blizz will want to invest in opening the classes up to other races. If anything, I expect Blizz to take every shortcut they can and do as little as possible to make sharing classes to other races squeak by in acceptability and credibility. I would not expect any sweeping new systems. I would expect reused assets whenever possible, a coat of paint on some spells where necessary (void looking paladin abilities for void elves and light looking demon hunter abilities on lightforged for example), and some npc's dropped into a few key locations with some dialogue. Bam done.

What you're hoping to see is just way more work than I think Blizz wants to do. Not saying they aren't cool ideas, just that they are far and away outside the scope of what I think Blizz is trying to accomplish within their time and resource budgets.

Seems team Tauren Rogue scored a victory!

New Race/Class Combos with Dragonflight
    Tauren Mage
    Highmountain Tauren Mage
    Orc Priest
    Highmountain Tauren Priest
    Tauren Rogue
    Highmountain Tauren Rogue
    Draenei Rogue
    Lightforged Draenei Rogue

https://www.wowhead.com/news/eight-n...nflight-326955

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason to not just flip the switch on monks and warlocks too. They require no new racial art assets and the animations already exist.

Anyone can learn to be a monk, even farmers, as Pandaria showed us. Warlocks are inherently outcasts already where they exist, so there is no conflict for them to be outcasts in the new combos either. Orcs don't like warlocks, yet orcs can be warlocks. The same would go for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    I see no reason to not just flip the switch on monks and warlocks too. They require no new racial art assets and the animations already exist.

Anyone can learn to be a monk, even farmers, as Pandaria showed us. Warlocks are inherently outcasts already where they exist, so there is no conflict for them to be outcasts in the new combos either. Orcs don't like warlocks, yet orcs can be warlocks. The same would go for all.
    I agree on monks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizz add monks to the list of 10.0 classes made available to all. I mean it's just worgen, goblins and lightforged left that can't be monks and they have all the animations. About the only thing blizz might have to do is add a few class trainer npcs in the worgen and goblin starting zones for any class specific quests that happen in their intros.

For locks I don't think it's a matter of assets but rather a matter of lore additions blizz wants to make so it makes some sorta sense, even if it's contrived. It probably wouldn't take much, just dropping some new npc's in a few places with some dialogue. Maybe a few minor quests to showcase races that previously couldn't be locks starting to explore that before the class becomes available to players.

After monks, I definitely expect locks. Then I expect shaman, then pally, then demon hunter, then druid, in that order (with shaman and pally possibly coming at the same time). Demon hunters have a lot of unique animations that only elves have currently, and need new demon forms for non-elf races. I also wouldn't be shocked if blizz did some recoloring of abilities for some races so it makes at least close to some sense (like lightforged demon hunters using light instead of fel).

Druids are probably the most resource intensive class to spread around due to race-themed forms, and lore additions blizz probably wanna add to make them sorta make sense.

There's a few shortcuts blizz can take here and there. Some totems can be copy/pasta'd and recolored for other races (like say lightforged using the same totems as draenei but light colored), but there's a lot of new assets that would have to be made as well. I figure the classes requiring the least amount of work will pop up first which means demon hunter and druid will probably be the last to get shared. Just expect the minimum amount of effort required to make it happen. Any notions of elaborate revamps to the classes for other races is probably not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2022-05-09 at 10:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want all classes for all races and I want all of them race themed. Also the existing ones.

Example: Voidelf Paladin, with void effects and spel icons.

Example: Lightforged Dreanei, "Shadow" Priest with lightform and holy effects. Rename the spec to something fitting.