10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Hahaha

"Signs of black magic found at the headquarters of the Ukrainian military"

https://twitter.com/rianru/status/1521679788053827584

I have no words...
    Well, I guess that makes some kind of sense. Only magic can explain how the post-soviet aberration called Ukraine can effectively fight against the stronk Russia, the greatest country in the world.

Yes, that must be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's an old anti-semitic trope often repeated and pushed in nationalist circles, especially in eastern Europe. When repeated in the West it has the "stab in the back" connotations...You know the whole - The Uber Aryans failed because Hitler was actually a Jew! Had they been lead by a real Aryan they would have won!

I literally heard this shit growing up from my Hungarian Nazi grandfather. And when I mean Nazi and I mean Nazi. Served in the Wermacht and later in the ethnic Hungarian SS. Unrepentant racist and anti-semite until his death.
    To be honest, if any movement based on supposed purity fails in its endeavours, the answer is always someone not having been pure enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must have got a spiked weed shipment to post that. Secret Avengers compound discovered when?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    To be honest, if any movement based on supposed purity fails in its endeavours, the answer is always someone not having been pure enough.
    It's ok, it's just the usual. In Soviet Russia when something goes belly up - joos did it.

There was a legendary Soviet satiric singer, whose name escapes me at the moment to the great shame - he had yet another satiric song about realities of fucked up Soviet common life and there was a line "if there is no water from the faucet, this means jews drank it all".

So yes, it's practically just the modus operandi.

P.S. This guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Vysotsky - was a legend.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-05-04 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU moves towards banning Russian oil imports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Must have got a spiked weed shipment to post that. Secret Avengers compound discovered when?
    Hopefully not Season 5 of SHIELD. That shit got crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sadly apparently Hungary, Slovakia, Chechia and Bulgaria are being difficult, they all want exemptions, Slovakia wants a 3 year transition period and Hungary wants an exception for crude oil from pipelines...

The Nazi magicians! Nazi battle warlocks!
    Don't forget they are apparently drug addicts, that's another 20% to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Sadly apparently Hungary, Slovakia, Chechia and Bulgaria are being difficult, they all want exemptions, Slovakia wants a 3 year transition period and Hungary wants an exception for crude oil from pipelines...
    The Eurozone is facing a 2008 level recession if this is not done right even if they do there will be political ramifications due to the current economics. It's not that simple removing Russian oil and gas when you already have record inflation and stagnant GDP growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Giving Norway like 60% of Russia's northern coast, considering they only have a minuscule border with them to begin with, is bit of a head scratcher.
    I think we deserve it. Say no and we'll deploy our fish noookes!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    Pretty much the entirety of Eastern and Southern Europe are set to demographic catastrophe. Ukraine's is even worse than Russia (probably in part to higher birth rates among the latters many minorities).
    I think I saw a video claiming that part of the timing for the war is explained by the fact that Ukraine's birth rate was actually turning around into positive so Putin may have felt he has to act. Cannot look it up though, this is just a fragment that got stuck with me.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I remember some people before being pretty confident that Russia's economy would start to collapse around May if the war kept up. Are we seeing any signs of that yet, or are they managing to prop it up a bit longer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Hahaha

"Signs of black magic found at the headquarters of the Ukrainian military"

https://twitter.com/rianru/status/1521679788053827584

I have no words...
    It's hard to not treat Russia like a country filled with peasants rolling around in their own shit when they're using scare tactics from 500 A.D.

I bet the populace was shaking in their thatched cottages at the implication of black magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly
    I mean, Russia sprung this on everyone. We've all talked about how much EU buys Russian oil, and swapping wouldn't be instant. The fact that they're talking at all about a ban within a month is still good news overall.

To be honest, as soon as the Germans/Italy/Netherlands stop the imports...that's like 80% of Russian oil revenue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Don't forget they are apparently drug addicts, that's another 20% to dps.
    Drug addicted Jewish Nazi Warlocks!

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, as soon as the Germans/Italy/Netherlands stop the imports...that's like 80% of Russian oil revenue.
    Yeah but they aren't making haste either, like we're talking months to implement. With a full ban next year at the earliest and I kinda hope that this is resolved by then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I remember some people before being pretty confident that Russia's economy would start to collapse around May if the war kept up. Are we seeing any signs of that yet, or are they managing to prop it up a bit longer?
    They are proping it up a bit longer. Sorta bullied some companies into resuming limited production of stuff and they managed to make some massively discounted oil sales to India and stuff...they demanded and got payment upfront, but now the buyers kinda realized that they can't really actually ship the oil they bought, so that was likely a one time thing.

They are sitting on a three legged stool, and if the Germans/Italians actually stop buying Russian fossil fuels, that will kick out the 3rd leg from under them. Then it's just a balancing act.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but they aren't making haste either, like we're talking months to implement. With a full ban next year at the earliest and I kinda hope that this is resolved by then.
    Yeah, that's the problem.

Netherlands knowing? Hell no... It will take them with there stupid Polder-model about 20 years to figure out if they want to ban russian oil.. and another 30 years to implement anything.

- The only explanation for our losses is that the Ukrainians have been using black magic!

Russia.
    Yeah....in the rest of the world that black magic is simply called toilets. Been a thing for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Frikken Russian propagandists. I just recently posted how majority of their fake "Ukrainian" shellings land into the same neighborhood in Donetsk, and guess what, today they shot one "cassette shell" into the same place again. My guess is they have a fake-shot cannon parked somewhere and don't bother moving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh how nice, practically what I was saying just yesterday only this time said by Zelensky.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2022/05/3/7343831/

Bottom line - the win condition is getting Russia back to where it was February 24th and then negotiations. And Crimea of course being unlikely outcome.

Hope this will put the whole "surrender" nonsense to rest, unless Zelensky is a pro-Russian shill too.
    This describes the second "non-fantasy way" as you called it recently: a ceasefire without peace. To begin with, Russia loses all land they conquered since 24 Feb, then negotiations happen, but until territorial integrity is restored, it's a ceasefire not peace, meaning sanctions will stay, skilled Russians will keep fleeing, only Soviet models of cars will be produced in Russia, and Zelensky will demand $600 billion in reparations in addition to Crimea during the negotiations, to end the "North North Korea" ceasefire status. Ceasefire condition is not peace condition.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm asking native German speakers to clarify something.

As you may remember, some time ago Polish and Baltic leaders visited Kyiv, and German President, known for past ties to Putin, was told he wasn't welcome. Recently German Chancellor Scholz said he won't visit Ukraine if they don't want to see the President, and for that Ukrainian ambassador in Germany called Scholz some sort of sausage, it made Russian news as "ambassador insults Scholz". Can someone explain nuance, what exactly was said? What consequences can we expect, or it was nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Netherlands knowing? Hell no... It will take them with there stupid Polder-model about 20 years to figure out if they want to ban russian oil.. and another 30 years to implement anything.
    Polder model...breek me de bek niet open. (It's the model of talking and not doing anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post

As you may remember, some time ago Polish and Baltic leaders visited Kyiv, and German President, known for past ties to Putin, was told he wasn't welcome. Recently German Chancellor Scholz said he won't visit Ukraine if they don't want to see the President, and for that Ukrainian ambassador in Germany called Scholz some sort of sausage, it made Russian news as "ambassador insults Scholz". Can someone explain nuance, what exactly was said? What consequences can we expect, or it was nothing?
    As far as i know he called him "beleidigte Leberwurst", which would literally translate to "insulted liver sausage" or correspondingly that he'd be in a huff. It's not a serious insult, more akin to something a child would say, and nothing will come of it.