Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh yeah it is all the parents fault. And not the disgusting game company that makes children cheat their own parents.
    you cannot expect the world to be safe for a children, that's why they need parents...others being disgusting is reality, if you didn't noticed.
    with your mindset, to blame other things than education, the problem will get worse. everyone have parents or should, otherwise the children will go wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah how dare i to ask blizzard to be fair to children.

You have a sad reality.

So you say it is missing education people are not prone to psycholgical tricks? Interesting.

There are literally academics who suffer from drug addictions or gaming/gambling addiction. So you expect that from a child?

What else than a digital drug dealer is blizzard nowadays?
    so if I sum up, you think it's better to ask a greedy giant company to act in a sane way, instead of acknowledging reality and educating your children properly, got it.
    you also say that there is no reality common to everyone, got it.
    then you ignore my point about proper education, and instead refer to problems created at the source by a lack of proper education, got it.

Oh yeah it is all the parents fault. And not the disgusting game company that makes children cheat their own parents.
    It is yeah. Its an evil world - its a parents job to protect their children. Its really as simple as that.

Yes, they are. Even an item shop would be way better than this psychological tricks bizzard utilizes with addicted players, especially raiders and mythic+ players.
    Are you going to argue that just because you raid or play m+ that you are addicted? Because i'd argue that if you dont do either of those then why the fuck would you even play the game in the first place?

And no. If you had children you would know how actually bad it is out there with money grabbing game companies. You literally cannot download an app on your phone or ipad without it linking to pay2win stuff or other games with p2win. Blizzard is literally a saint compared to those

Oh yeah, it is all the players fault. And not the fault of cheap psychological tricks like social addiction or skinner boxes, and monetizing gold.
    Boosting is 100% a player made problem. Blizzard tried for years to shut down rmt services but it wasnt possible partly due to certain countries view on these things. You cannot stop boosting, you cannot stop rmt. Those are 100% player made things.

But you cannot buy tokens which yield gold in any game on the planet. And there seems to be a lot of naivity involved if someone really thinks blizzard does not monetize their players to the biggest degree possible. In and up to Shadowlands with boosting. And they even add more profits from crafters in Dragonflight.
    RMT occours in every single game on the planet where boosting is a thing. The only reason blizzard made tokens was to try and diminish rmt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I was expecting an auto-chess lmao

there's one genre of WC3 custom games that haven't been turned into a standalone game genre yet: Life Of A Peasant. Blizzard should try to capitalize on that

- - - Updated - - -

probably Backyard Monsters on Facebook
    I would like to see Survival Chaos as a standalone game on mobile phones, that would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is right if blizzard would play fair. Something they ask their customers to do in a mission statement of the company. Or is that simply hypocrisy?

No i said that your understanding of reality where everyone should be freely disgusting to children is.

No, i do not ignore anything, i simply point out that addiciton is not limited to uneducated people. And that even academics are not prone to psychological tricks.

- - - Updated - - -

yes it's right if blizzard would play fair. it's also right if everyone agreed about world peace and no violence. look up reality.
    I didn't said that everyone should be freely disgusting. I said that people in general are, and you shall therefore expect this.
    yes addiction can happen to people regardless of their education, my point was that if you want to make the world better, everyone need to educate their children properly at first, instead of asking bad guys to be nice guys.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I would like to see Survival Chaos as a standalone game on mobile phones, that would be awesome
    fuck yes that too!

and perhaps War of Races
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

So you say, blizzard is an evil company in an evil world and simply adapts to other assholes by being an asshole company?
    No thats what you are saying. I'm simply saying its the parents job to protect their children, not the companies trying to make a quick buck. I dont think blizzard is acting in bad faith honestly.

No i argue that the game we talk about could create addiction. And that WoW also does that by utilizing social bonds to guilds or skinner boxes for example.
    Most games can create addiction. In fact most things can create addiction. I dont know what skinner boxes are, but i also dont think the intention of the social aspect of wow is to create addiction. By default forming friendships is forming addictions to other people. So by the extend of that any game that encourages you to play with other people, and by that form friendships, encourages addiction. but thats a huge strawman.

You act as if everyone is as greedy and manipulative as Blizzard here. While there are also game companies which do not lure children into using their parents credit cards. Especially as last is also protected by laws in different countries. Beside that the company we talk about has a mission statement saying "Play nice, play fair". Well. You first, Blizzard?
    No i'm not. I'm saying, in fact, that by far most companies making phone apps is far, far MORE greedy then Blizzard. I'm literally saying that Blizzard is an angel by comparisson. And i'm saying this as someone who has experience in dealing with children with phones and tablets. Any company with the mission statement saying "play nice, play fair" is not to be trusted. Every single for profit company's mission statement is to make money first.

became epidemic when blizzard allowed token sales. It is blizzards job to stop that. And not just with making spam for it against the tos, but the activity itself. Boosting does not just create token sales, it also turns the game into a market place, rather than playing together without profiting from gold sales, even up to that point where addicted raiders work for their raid leaders to give them free playtime.
    No its been an epidemic for a long time. Literally no gaming company can stop boosting - what do you want them to do exactly? Who are these addicted raiders you are talking about?

They could easily stop RMT from happening by simply making gold useless. As like it was soul bound, there was no auction house and you could only buy items from NPCs with gold. As like soulbound pots. And you would gain gold like any other soulbound currency by playing.
    So no AH then? Gold was useless in d2 and it didnt stop rmt.

Instead of them blizzard monetized it. And they infact hired raid guilds to make them money with giving their raid leaders free playtime, also from token sales.
    Blizzard has not hired raid guilds to make them money. Keep your tinfoil hat stuff to yourself please. They also have not given any raid leaders free playtime.

You really believe that? I mean.. that is a lot of naivity. Gold could have simply been devalued. Rather than that, blizzard turned it into a legal market place for real money. With them profiting from it. Which is their main reason they created the token sales, and not to save WoW from RMT
    You cant devalue gold as long as there is an AH, which is pretty core to any MMO. You can inflate it but that just means people need to buy more tokens.
    By creating their own token they devalued the botters and have severely reduced rmt outside of the game, which lead to a lot of players having a bad time.

And while i severely disagree with having tokens in the game - its one of the better solutions. Personally i'd reset gold by the next expansion by simply introducing a new coin... lets call it platinum, and having it be worth 100k gold for 1 platinum. They would then recalculate the cost of everything in the game with this in mind and quests in the new expansion would give out platinum instead of gold. They could do this each expansion if needed. That would help break the inflation, deincentivize botting(because less people would buy gold because everything would be cheaper on the AH).

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It's far easier to create a nexus between wow players and hearthstone appeal against what they revealed today. I would guess that there is almost no overlap between wow audiences and the mobile game.

This is completely standalone, for completely difference audiences in completely different markets.
    I don’t know why you think there is no overlap when any game that has mass appeal like WoW will have a wide variety of player types. Add to that the massive popularity of mobile games and its simply absurd to think that there are no Warcraft fans (or even WoW players specifically) who will be interested in this game. WoW players aren’t a homogenous group in terms of gaming preference, nor are WoW players the only fans of the Warcraft IP since it already extends across several different genres.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-05-04 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    so if I sum up, you think it's better to ask a greedy giant company to act in a sane way, instead of acknowledging reality and educating your children properly, got it.
    you also say that there is no reality common to everyone, got it.
    then you ignore my point about proper education, and instead refer to problems created at the source by a lack of proper education, got it.
    A proper education isn't going to stop human psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Then surely you wouldn't hold it against people for expecting a bit more from such a potent mix of talent and creative freedom?
    Oh I don’t think there’s all that much talent at a company that has simply been milking their established IP’s for this long. I’m just saying this isn’t a “waste” compared to any other projects they have going.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Maybe if it was from some small indie dev (jokes aside) there is some merit in pointing THAT out, but this is Acti-Blizz.
    Whose companies biggest title is literally Candy Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Clash Royale had 16 Million monthly players in April, so I don't see the problem, exactly. The main problem of this game seems to be that it's just Clash Royale.

Maybe you just have to accept that the game is not for you and just move on. But then again, that's the main problem of this website lmao.
    clash royale has no pve mode, and only 1 map.
    this game has it beat in both of those.
    so yeah its just clash royale
    but with an extensive and massive pve mode and countless maps in comparison to just 1.

- - - Updated - - -

"I let my child play on the highway and they got hit by a car, i blame the driver and not myself for letting the kid do so"

yes it is the parents fault.

just like if you leave open booze bottles out and your kid drinks it, its your fault, and not the brewers fault for not making bottles that cannot be opened.

I guess this is more for the billions of mobile gamers vs the 1 million WoW players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Then surely you wouldn't hold it against people for expecting a bit more from such a potent mix of talent and creative freedom?
    Are they though? A casual reading of this forum gives the impression they're all incompetent and under the thumb of Bobby Kotick. Which is it?

I'm not saying it's true but I read a lot of posts here and some of the same folk who say the first are somehow expecting something spectacular from this and are now expressing their vast disappointment and anger. It's pretty hilarious.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Might be wary because of WC3R. It'll happen in due time considering it's a polished-entry mobile game and therefore very likely to make back what it cost to make in a short amount of time (depending on MTX, ofc)
    When that happens, I'm sure this will get moved. But for right now, the thread hopefully will be staying in the GD forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Are they though? A casual reading of this forum gives the impression they're all incompetent and under the thumb of Bobby Kotick. Which is it?

I'm not saying it's true but I read a lot of posts here and some of the same folk who say the first are somehow expecting something spectacular from this and are now expressing their vast disappointment and anger. It's pretty hilarious.
    I know that many of them created Heroes of the Storm which is easily the most creative thing Blizzard has done while. There's some real talent behind this game even though it's clearly meant to be a creditcardsink for extremely bored people.

Why the fuck would they make gold soulbound LMAO.

Rip off an arm to fix a broken finger.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This is just clash of clans with gacha, isn’t it? Soulless cashgrab. What a waste of development.
    I wouldn't call this soulless. It might not be for you, but I wouldn't call it soulless. It's a popular genre with WarCraft flavoring.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's like clash royale (not of clans, different game, same studio, lol). I had alot of fun with royale before I hit the paywall and quit, I'll likely do the same with this one. I don't see why anyone who is super invested and has already spent money to climb in royale would play this instead though. But for folks like me it looks like it might be a fun waste of time.

When the launch trailer first started I got worried though, thought it was going to be some amibo thing where you had to buy minis and register them to get them in game. If its successful I'm sure they'll at least make the minis though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    A proper education isn't going to stop human psychology.
    asking a company to act "kindly" even less so.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because i said you seem to live in a sad reality. Seems you are surrounded by assholes, and everyone is evil and bad and greedy. While reality is way more diversified than simply good and evil, and nothing in between. And in your case, it seems you believe there is only evil. While we talk about a gaming company. And not about warmongers, criminals and gnome slavers.

Obviously you played too much world of warcraft, and now you think the ingame community is like the real world.

No, people in general are not. There are many people who live a good life. There are many people who behave honorable. There are simply those that do their job and try to get a living wihout creating a lot of collateral damage. If you see the world as evil only, there is something wrong with you.

Well, at least we agree that Blizzard is a bad company.
    my reality is the same as yours. we live in the same world, as a reminder. there is not only evil, but evil is omnipresent. the world isn't care bears and it's important that everyone learn about it. especially those living in rich countries. all in all it all boils down to how natural selection works. to sum up: your idea to expect blizzard to behave like a nice guy is completely out of touch with reality.