Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Given current content, having 3/3 with the right stats is more than enough. Anything else is just minmaxing for the sake of it.

Anything having a combination of KBW/Grudge/Adrenaline/Precise Dagger is your standard dps engraving. Master's Tenacity for berserkers, All-out attack for sorceresses, ambush master for back attackers, and hit master for dps that don't care about positioning.
    Awakening/expert exclusively for supports, some niche stuff like stabilized/super charge for gunlancers.
    That's pretty much it off the top of my head, may be missing one but that's the more desired. After that, you have the class engravings but since I only have one character I have no clue about that.
    you can clear all current content with 0 engravings or using only 6 skills, thats not the point. anything less than 3/3/3 is being lazy and wanting others to carry a bad character. you are a bad player if you are 1370 without 3 engravings. its basically free to have 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you can clear all current content with 0 engravings or using only 6 skills, thats not the point. anything less than 3/3/3 is being lazy and wanting others to carry a bad character. you are a bad player if you are 1370 without 3 engravings. its basically free to have 3.
    There's a difference between a literal carry that runs full expertise gear and someone that didn't bother to go beyond 3/3, 3/3/1 at best, and that's the necessity of it. Supports probably get a free pass because of the high demand, but myself up until P3 Argos was running 3/3/1 engravings. P1 and P2 Argos was so free as long as you did the mechanics that having 3/3/3 wouldn't have made a difference. Now for P3 I decided to go for 3/3/3/1 because I wanted, not because I needed. And it definitely wasn't "free" as you put it, I had to expend a few k on the jewelry and stone, without considering the pheon cost. And I didn't even went for the bis engravings, because for supports is a straight-up scam. I just got Awakening/DS, and got me some sweet SA and MP Efficiency on the side.

There's a difference between a literal carry that runs full expertise gear and someone that didn't bother to go beyond 3/3, 3/3/1 at best, and that's the necessity of it. Supports probably get a free pass because of the high demand, but myself up until P3 Argos was running 3/3/1 engravings. P1 and P2 Argos was so free as long as you did the mechanics that having 3/3/3 wouldn't have made a difference. Now for P3 I decided to go for 3/3/3/1 because I wanted, not because I needed. And it definitely wasn't "free" as you put it, I had to expend a few k on the jewelry and stone, without considering the pheon cost. And I didn't even went for the bis engravings, because for supports is a straight-up scam. I just got Awakening/DS, and got me some sweet SA and MP Efficiency on the side.
    i hard disagree. luckily, we all can make our own groups, and mine go well never letting anyone below 3/3/3 with bis stats in.

I don't know if I agree or disagree.

Having played both Support characters in T3, I have to say that they really don't need any engravings worth pointing out.

Like... 3/3/1 or something you get basically from putting in the engraving slots and is already enough for them.
    I wouldn't say I give them a free pass because they are "on demand" which I don't feel they are anyway because when I use the group finder I often have trouble getting into a group that doesn't have a paladin or bard already.
    They don't really get a noticeable benefit from engravings.
    Like... Drop of Ether is probably one of the better engravings simply because Expert and Awakening are only useful when your group is shite.

But even if you don't need 3/3/3 as a DPS to clear it, I still think it's so easy to get that it doesn't matter.
    A 6/6 stone isn't difficult to get. And you don't even need it in the first place to get 3/3/3 because you can just be a little "lucky" and get the missing 2 points or whatever on a jewelry

If you have a 4/6 stone for example (which almost all stones end up as) you can just buy the jewelry for 500g alongside it.
    It really doesn't cost more.
    The +3/+3/-1 jewelry pieces are what is expensive ( 3-5k ). I bought myself +3/+2/-1 for like 300-500g buyout and they weren't even a "snatch" because they were multiple copies of it.

So get a 4/6 stone, get 2x +9 engravings, run the dungeon 2-3 times (which you kinda do for the set anyway) before you go Argos and buy one jewelry out of the AH with +3 class engraving and +2 on whatever your stone ended up with +4 as.

3/3/3 is done.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-04-30 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Take a look at prices for glaivier stuff before saying that.
    Oh noes, this one two week old class has expensive accessories, what a good argument, especially when he was talking about his paladin.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Oh noes, this one two week old class has expensive accessories, what a good argument, especially when he was talking about his paladin.
    Way to completely miss the context of the conversation, man. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't know if I agree or disagree.

Having played both Support characters in T3, I have to say that they really don't need any engravings worth pointing out.

Like... 3/3/1 or something you get basically from putting in the engraving slots and is already enough for them.
    I wouldn't say I give them a free pass because they are "on demand" which I don't feel they are anyway because when I use the group finder I often have trouble getting into a group that doesn't have a paladin or bard already.
    They don't really get a noticeable benefit from engravings.
    Like... Drop of Ether is probably one of the better engravings simply because Expert and Awakening are only useful when your group is shite.

But even if you don't need 3/3/3 as a DPS to clear it, I still think it's so easy to get that it doesn't matter.
    A 6/6 stone isn't difficult to get. And you don't even need it in the first place to get 3/3/3 because you can just be a little "lucky" and get the missing 2 points or whatever on a jewelry

If you have a 4/6 stone for example (which almost all stones end up as) you can just buy the jewelry for 500g alongside it.
    It really doesn't cost more.
    The +3/+3/-1 jewelry pieces are what is expensive ( 3-5k ). I bought myself +3/+2/-1 for like 300-500g buyout and they weren't even a "snatch" because they were multiple copies of it.

So get a 4/6 stone, get 2x +9 engravings, run the dungeon 2-3 times (which you kinda do for the set anyway) before you go Argos and buy one jewelry out of the AH with +3 class engraving and +2 on whatever your stone ended up with +4 as.

3/3/3 is done.
    I see your point, it makes sense.

Anything having a combination of KBW/Grudge/Adrenaline/Precise Dagger is your standard dps engraving. Master's Tenacity for berserkers, All-out attack for sorceresses, ambush master for back attackers, and hit master for dps that don't care about positioning.
    Awakening/expert exclusively for supports, some niche stuff like stabilized/super charge for gunlancers.
    That's pretty much it off the top of my head, may be missing one but that's the more desired. After that, you have the class engravings but since I only have one character I have no clue about that.
    Thank you very much for that list, it’ll help me a lot

Well, it will sure help once Amazon solves the terrific lag issues we (French players only apparently…) have since this week’s patch, making most content nearly impossible

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Make a group on a support char and make a grp on a dps char. You will quickly see the difference in demand. Supports are definitely in demand. Idk if I'd say they are so in demand that I'd take a support with 0 investment but I'd take almost any yes.

Goddamn this super express pass event or whatever it’s called in English is totally crazy to gear an alt.
    I’m glad they’ve allowed to change the assigned character as I initially made the rookie mistake of assigning it to my main, lol

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh shit, you can change it? I did the same thing lol Hadn't played for a few days, then just clicked through all the stuff it threw at me with that update.
    Yes, you can change it once if you didn't use the "honing bonus" that this event provides for T1 or T2 honing (which is pretty crazy tbh, gone from 600 to 1040 in 20 minutes).
    Unfortunately though, the things you have already claimed cannot be reclaimed on the alt.

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/upd...n-event/349957

Do you use different gems for chaos dungeons (if you use a different build, some classes fall into this category). If so, what lv gems would be sufficient enough?

i hard disagree. luckily, we all can make our own groups, and mine go well never letting anyone below 3/3/3 with bis stats in.
    Yeah, it's totally a "carry" if someone doesn't meet your arbitrary standard that doesn't even make or break anything.

Nevermind their performance. It's still a "carry".

You're so hardcore, brah.

I tried my first ghost ship yesterday, and somehow I didn't get it. Is there some special thing one must do that is not described in the game? Went into the T1 ship with T2 gear, and I didn't even manage to beat the enrage timer. I don't see how someone close to the minimum ilvl would ever manage to clear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yeah, it's totally a "carry" if someone doesn't meet your arbitrary standard that doesn't even make or break anything.

Nevermind their performance. It's still a "carry".

You're so hardcore, brah.
    lazy gamers can join other groups. nothing stops them. lmao mine 1 shot everything in half the time a shitter group filled with 3/2's would.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    I tried my first ghost ship yesterday, and somehow I didn't get it. Is there some special thing one must do that is not described in the game? Went into the T1 ship with T2 gear, and I didn't even manage to beat the enrage timer. I don't see how someone close to the minimum ilvl would ever manage to clear that.
    Stupid question but was there few people? It's though to beat the enrage timer even overgearing it because of the slow mechanic. If you happen to have the Eibern's Wound ship with... I can't recall the crew name atm, you get an insane stat boost while doing ghost ships, so it goes a lot easier, but it requires a bit of investment to get it. It's worth imo, makes the weekly extremely smooth.

Stupid question but was there few people? It's though to beat the enrage timer even overgearing it because of the slow mechanic. If you happen to have the Eibern's Wound ship with... I can't recall the crew name atm, you get an insane stat boost while doing ghost ships, so it goes a lot easier, but it requires a bit of investment to get it. It's worth imo, makes the weekly extremely smooth.
    No, I was alone.

I'll check the Eibern's Wound out. Weird that the content would be balanced around having that ship. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    No, I was alone.

I'll check the Eibern's Wound out. Weird that the content would be balanced around having that ship. Thanks!
    its not balanced around the ship, but around people. most likely not many people doing t1 ship anymore, and you need people to clear. its not really a solo activity, you MIGHT be able to solo, but ive never tried. its meant as group content

Finally got myself to 1325 ploughing through Punika (not done Feiton or Yorn yet... still can't equip gems)... been playing since early access.

Slow and steady!

Islands and Adventurer's Tome distracted me too much... got 40 Masterpieces, 950+ seeds, 37 Island Souls so far with 8 Continents done at 100% sitting at 93 Roster level.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-05-04 at 10:51 PM.

its not balanced around the ship, but around people. most likely not many people doing t1 ship anymore, and you need people to clear. its not really a solo activity, you MIGHT be able to solo, but ive never tried. its meant as group content
    Oh, damn. That would explain it, thanks. I thought they at least let the HP scale like in Guardian raids to the number of players in it, considering you can just walk up on the ship alone and go into it.