10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Frank would be a great name for a right-wing free-speech social media platform. You can shout at the gender studies majors and say IM JUST BEING FRANK.
    Heh. Although, Truth is pretty good as well. The place where only truthiness is tolerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Did you guys listen to Neil deGrasse Tyson's take on this? I thought he made good points:
    Seems like DeGrasse Tyson is ignoring Musks support for Far Right Wing Conspiracy Grifters like Tim Pool.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Seems like DeGrasse Tyson is ignoring Musks support for Far Right Wing Conspiracy Grifters like Tim Pool.
    Tyson has a big then about "neutrality". He's great when he's talking about science, but his takes on non-science topic are proof that being really smart in one area doesn't mean you're smart across the board.

Huh? In what world is Tim Pool far right wing? Has something changed I should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Huh? In what world is Tim Pool far right wing? Has something changed I should be aware of?
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-co...-on-the-planet

I mean, he legit spent much of the past few years platforming unhinged conspiracy theorists and liars from the far right. He's basically Joe Rogan for people who think they're too smart for Joe Rogan. Just like, even less funny than Joe Rogan, who is not very funny to begin with.

It's wild how some folks have lurched so far to the right that they've legit lost any perspective on the political spectrum.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possibly he's saying you shouldn't make assumptions based on race. A white person could be homeless and a black person could be a billionaire, which means you can't make valid generalizations about race/class status.

Also which right wing policies does he support? It's better to talk about policy disagreements rather than people because you can't really resolve anything just by talking about public figures, so you need to talk about which of his policy positions you disagree with, and why.

Possibly he's saying you shouldn't make assumptions based on race. A white person could be homeless and a black person could be a billionaire, which means you can't make valid generalizations about race/class status.
    Which has literally nothing to do with privilege, but it's not surprising that you and conservatives still can't seem to grasp what the simple concept means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race-blind garbage like this is just casual racism packaged up in a dismissive attitude.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Race-blind garbage like this is just casual racism packaged up in a dismissive attitude.
    How is it racist? What do you think is inaccurate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which has literally nothing to do with privilege, but it's not surprising that you and conservatives still can't seem to grasp what the simple concept means.
    Well there is nothing wrong with being privileged anyways. "Privilege" is just a proxy for "merit".

Well there is nothing wrong with being privileged anyways. "Privilege" is just a proxy for "merit".
    In which you make it abundantly clear you don't understand the concept of privilege.

For example: White people aren't pulled over regularly by virtue of them being white. That's not because they're "better" or because they have more "merit", and has nothing to do with their life situation - whether they're rich or poor, disabled or not etc. That's white privilege, not needing to worried about being pulled over for "driving while white", whereas people of color often have to be worried about being pulled over for "driving while black/brown", for example, even if they're wealthy and successful.

I don't know how such a basic concept that's been commonplace in discussion for at least a decade is still so mysterious, but here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it racist? What do you think is inaccurate?
    Race-blind mantras ignore context and injustice, whitewashing it away so that the societal inequities can be blamed upon a lack of merit, when they're actually based on racism and other forms of injustice.

It's just straight racism. A false veneer of politeness doesn't make it less bigoted and abusive.

Wherein you implicitly argue that whites are superior. Kudos.

img
    Thats dumb not racist xd

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Thats dumb not racist xd
    It wasn't to show racism. It was to show Tim Pool repeating right wing talking points in response to someone claiming that Pool hadn't moved pretty far right.

Because he has, and he is constantly platforming their extremist views unchallenged on top of that.

It wasn't to show racism. It was to show Tim Pool repeating right wing talking points in response to someone claiming that Pool hadn't moved pretty far right.

Because he has, and he is constantly platforming their extremist views unchallenged on top of that.
    Oh yeah. Tim Pool is unhinged lol

Dude is teethering on the far right and prob hasnt because he still needs a thin layer of credibility to not be banned from social media

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Oh yeah. Tim Pool is unhinged lol

Dude is teethering on the far right and prob hasnt because he still needs a thin layer of credibility to not be banned from social media
    But do you know what makes him far right in terms of political policy? If we were to create a list of the top 15 political issues then we'd probably find that Tim Pool is largely in agreement with centrist liberal policy.

But do you know what makes him far right in terms of political policy?
    You do realize that the conservative movement in the US has largely abandoned political policy and instead pursues culture war bullshit...right? Like, you've been literally involved in dozens of the threads on this topic so this shouldn't really be "news" for you.

Also, you were given examples and are seemingly choosing to ignore them. We can lead you to water, but we can't force you to actually take a drink.

If we were to create a list of the top 15 political issues then we'd probably find that Tim Pool is largely in agreement with centrist liberal policy.
    In which you continue to make up more bullshit without evidence or basis to justify your continued position that remains at-odds with objective reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that the conservative movement in the US has largely abandoned political policy and instead pursues culture war bullshit...right?
    Ya that's my point, it is just culture war stuff and he mostly doesn't want right wing political policy.
    In which you continue to make up more bullshit without evidence or basis to justify your continued position that remains at-odds with objective reality.
    If you're saying Tim Pool is guilty of something then the burden of evidence is on you.

Ya that's my point, it is just culture war stuff and he mostly doesn't want right wing political policy.
    They're literally the same thing at this point.

If you're saying Tim Pool is guilty of something then the burden of evidence is on you.
    We have. As I said, we can lead you to water and we can stick your face in the water, but we can't force you to actually take a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    He opposes vaccinations, abortion, gender-affirming care, and probably western medicine in general.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.