Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Then why did we get "Guy with scalie fursona with Dragon powers"
    Their human-ish forms don't have the combat abilities.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    So we already know dragons can take the shape of humans, night elves, blood elves, gnomes and probably all possible races.

It makes sense for Dracthyr to have this ability as well, or at least be able to learn it. This opens up the Evoker class to all races:

- After the Dracthyr starting zone you're given the choice to go undercover with any of the playable races, to learn more about them.
    - You learn the race abilities of your chosen race - maybe in a short training questline
    - but it comes at a cost! You can't use your Dracthyr race abilities anymore, because then you'll reveal your secret!
    - You tell your new friends that you learned the Evoker ways by living with the Dracthyr Jane-Goodall-style.

... and Boom! You're an Evoker of your chosen race ... basically
    Dude why even give them the racials? Just let our visage form be any playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Have they confirmed it’s a hero class? They may as well with its restrictions. The label fits classes unique to WoW.
    Yeah, it's a hero class. It's also why it starts at level 58.

Aesthetically they could pull it off by adding visage forms for every race but that would still be a Dracthyr and not an orc for example.

Which really wouldn't matter outside of racials.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Objectively, they are. Death Knight, Demon Hunter, and Evoker are all much more thematically focused than the regular classes. Blizzard hasn't made the Hero Class designation for no reason. It indicates a tighter thematic focus than standard classes. To deny this distinction just because it gets in the way of your preferences is dishonest.
    "Dracthy/evoker" was a lazy idea they came up to sell demon hunter 2.0 as a race, to say they did more now. People believing otherwise are just eating blizzard excuses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Yeah, that has been mentioned before... but would it lock you into that race or could you change your illusionary form at the barbershop? How is that fair to other classes? Are you really suggesting that they throw all that hard work into the barbershop and let people change all willy-nilly?
    Yes.

ITs not rly a "hard working, slapping scales on a blood elf, so no sympathy for me here.

How can they sell race changes... don't get me wrong... I agree with the spirit of the idea but it's unlikely to happen.
    Youc an't rly race change, cause the class is forever locked to this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "Dracthy/evoker" was a lazy idea they came up to sell demon hunter 2.0 as a race, to say they did more now. People believing otherwise are just eating blizzard excuses
    The models are embarrassingly bad. A lot about it looks terrible.

But that doesn't change that the concept is very focused and specific, no matter how much you would rather it be generic.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    The Evoker class only works with Dracthyr. You're a dragon, so you have Dracthyr to look the part, and Evoker to give you dragon abilities.

Simple.

Or maybe its just fine for hero classes to be so thematically rich that they have these kind of limitations which enhance that richness, and we concern ourselves with the normal classes being available for all races.
    Pretty sure OP didn't make this thread with any sort of logic in mind. It's one of those, "I don't like that, give me this instead!" things.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    The models are embarrassingly bad. A lot about it looks terrible.

But that doesn't change that the concept is very focused and specific, no matter how much you would rather it be generic.
    "focused and specific", dude, is DH 2.0 sold as a race.

It is specific, yes, so they can pretend is a race, they a e working less saying they did more.

maybe we can gain access to their class by eating one of their hearts

...worked with demons, so why not try...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    maybe we can gain access to their class by eating one of their hearts

...worked with demons, so why not try...
    Now here's someone that's a fan of faith builds in Elden Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    The idea seems to be to give them racials that help balance the class rather then trying to balance racial creep.

Letting tauren be rogues for examples is going to passively buff rogue/mage teams in arena by letting the rogue keep someone stunned a second longer with stomp.
    ... You think Tauren is a better race for PvP than Orc?

Those people that make such threads always portray this issue as something most people want, while in reality 95% of all players who are gonna play Evoker would pick the Human or Elf version anyways and is thus practically a non-issue for the vast majority of the playerbase.

Blizzard knows that too, so why would they bother to do the massive task of making all core races be able to turn into dractyr (incl. adding dragon features while in "human" form) for the 5-10 people who care?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Now here's someone that's a fan of faith builds in Elden Ring
    okay...you are coincidentally correct but i was referring to the demon hunters. i didnt even think about the dragon hearts in elden ring.

At the end of the day, these sort of arguments will inevitably boil down to "I want" vs "Blizzard wants".

Blizzard could easily invent any number of reason why the Evoker class is available to any and all races.

They're well aware of what the player response will be, but they chose to make Evokers exclusive to Dracthyr anyway.

Evidently they value their creative vision higher, which is nothing inherently negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    ... You think Tauren is a better race for PvP than Orc?
    Is that what I said or did I say in a very specific 2s comp it would provide a larger burst window?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Is that what I said or did I say in a very specific 2s comp it would provide a larger burst window?
    Which means you think Tauren in that setup is better than either Orc or Undead, which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "focused and specific", dude, is DH 2.0 sold as a race.

It is specific, yes, so they can pretend is a race, they a e working less saying they did more.
    Demon Hunter is a hero class. Evoker is a hero class. Why are you confused that their setups are similar?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Which means you think Tauren in that setup is better than either Orc or Undead, which is ridiculous.
    In what sense given how short a 2v2s game is when its relying on an opener with almost no sustain?

I can see the argument in any other bracket but I'm not gonna lie it feels like you are stretching a bit here. Especially low elo that is going to be potent

Drakthyr race abilities ARE the Evoker abilities. They are completly connected.
    They don't choose to be evokers. They are evokers.