Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    nothing. but it makes it seem like only the person having the rare items will be able to to wear the crafted gear.
    If I understood this right, the amount of grinding you have to do is higher, the lower the difficulty, instead of the last 10 years worth of wow , where the higher the difficulty, the higher the gear.
    What I mean is, you can grind your way to best things even by just farming lower m+ dungeons and lower raid difficulties, it will just take longer than it will for someone who is playing very hard content.

And I'll be honest, that's fair. If somebody is doing something way harder than I am, he should be rewarded, but not in the way that he's the only one who can get the higher items, like it was in the past, but in way he needs to farm less, and will get it slightly before me, but I can still grind my way to it like it should be possible in any rpg game.

If I'm right and this is the idea, I fully support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yes it was easy at the beginning cause everyone needed it and we you know had a semi competant community back then

Flash forward like 10 years ....when like chunk of people are trying to do this versus a bunch of people who don't give a shit or already have it and are just trying to pvp
    And realistically the gap between PvPers and PvE-only mostly casual players in terms of gear and skill is much wider now than it was back in Wrath, when the achieve and the 310% speed protodrake were new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagolski View Post
    If I understood this right, the amount of grinding you have to do is higher, the lower the difficulty, instead of the last 10 years worth of wow , where the higher the difficulty, the higher the gear.
    What I mean is, you can grind your way to best things even by just farming lower m+ dungeons and lower raid difficulties, it will just take longer than it will for someone who is playing very hard content.

And I'll be honest, that's fair. If somebody is doing something way harder than I am, he should be rewarded, but not in the way that he's the only one who can get the higher items, like it was in the past, but in way he needs to farm less, and will get it slightly before me, but I can still grind my way to it like it should be possible in any rpg game.

If I'm right and this is the idea, I fully support it.
    Agreed 100%. People doing higher difficulties should get the gear technically faster than those doing lower. The only concern I have, which seems to not be an issue at least so far, is will materials be locked behind certain difficulties? Like can I grind my way in the open world to victory over the course of a month or two for heroic level, or will i -have- to do heroic level content. Seems like they are not going that route thankfully, but if they did it would be a huge detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Agreed 100%. People doing higher difficulties should get the gear technically faster than those doing lower. The only concern I have, which seems to not be an issue at least so far, is will materials be locked behind certain difficulties? Like can I grind my way in the open world to victory over the course of a month or two for heroic level, or will i -have- to do heroic level content. Seems like they are not going that route thankfully, but if they did it would be a huge detriment.
    yeah, hard to know for sure, and still early enough for plenty of changes, but this is how I understood it. difficulty not used as a lock, but as something that makes you get there faster, if you choose to pursue it.

atleast make it FoS right?

This new profession system sounds like the old Badge of Justice / Valor system, but with a crafter instead of a vendor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Inherently? Nothing. That is as it should be.

But remember this is Blizzard. If you can craft gear that's equal in ilvl to what you get from a raid, they will require you to provide materials that come from that raid... and they're Soulbound, so no buying or trading them. You'll have to do the raid yourself. In other words, to be able to craft raid level gear, you have to first complete the raid.... which drops gear of the same level.

And they don't want to deal with complaints about crafted gear being mandatory, so it will be inferior to what you get from the raid itself.

Which means that you're not crafting gear instead of raiding for it, you're just using your profession as an expensive and annoying substitute for bad-luck protection. Which is fine if you're a raider... but not if you actually care about your professions.
    That would bring us to the cross-roads where 1) we'd have the scenario you mentioned or 2) the rare mats would be available outside of the raids but the resulting would would inevitably be of lower quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I think there's an unintentional contrast there. People doing harder content get gear slower by virtue of the content's difficulty. It's fine if people doing easier content get gear faster. The issue is the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    atleast make it FoS right?
    The achievement still exists, and is still obtainable. It just isn't required for the Children's Week meta achievement anymore.