Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    I'm sorry, but fighting normal 1-2 mobs is not fun either, just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Guess we better get people on revising all those biology and zoology textbooks, since what birds, bugs, and all that jazz do is actually just gliding.

That'll teach those grackles for getting fatigued while gliding and perching in my trees all the time.
    Glad someone said it... People really don't know what flying is.
    The No Clip version we have now isn't even close to flying.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-04-26 at 10:50 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    We are not pro-flying, we are pro-choice. We believe those who wants to use ground mounts can use that, those who wants to dragonfall, sure you can do that too, and those who wants to fly, let them fly. Giving the players the agency of how to play such as how to travel in-game to do repetitive dailies or wq is good for the health of the game and the longetivity of player's interest because they can choose what ever method they want to travel at any given moment.

We are not pro-flying, but you are anti-choice and anti-player's agency.
    Erm no. Flying at the very start cheapens everything and you’d be shortening the lifespan of content by literally making everything go faster. And it also takes away the freedom we get when we finally get it back in the .2 patch, which ties back to the point about the cheapening of the experience.

Now I am no fan of saving the ripcord just so to pull it at a later time, but dragonriding will be fine if implemented well and accomplishes the main motive of getting from point A to point B faster than running on the ground.

And of course at some point we will get tired of dragonriding. That’s the right time to give us back flying. And if done right, maybe that point in time won’t be as fast as it was in Shadowlands.

Remember in Shadowlands we couldn’t even mount in the Maw at the start, and even so now with our alts. We start at a net negative. That also makes it more desperate for us in Shadowlands to gain back any kind of “agency”.

If we start without that initial crippling, then it won’t make us feel like we need flying as much as we did in Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you meant dragongliding ?

because thats how it will be called by players

i personaly honestly cannot wait for this failure to happen . if this fail during alfa abd beta wont wake them up nothing will and there is no hope for wow

- - - Updated - - -

what they can do is to stop trying to reinvent wheel

it never worked for them even once

it wont work now - the backlash will be catastrophic. dragon themed xpansion and people cannot fly only glide. like lol .

i get it that they hate flying but majority of playerbase loves and and dont want to play game without it.

they tried to remove it every single expansion since wod and they failed each single time

why they fight those lost battles is baffling for me.
    I don't know dude, I might like the new wheel.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Guess we better get people on revising all those biology and zoology textbooks, since what birds, bugs, and all that jazz do is actually just gliding.

That'll teach those grackles for getting fatigued while gliding and perching in my trees all the time.
    You know that there are birds and bugs capable of precision hover flying right? Hummingbirds and plenty of bugs ex dragonfly.
    Momentum flight isn't the only type of flight.

The other thing is that most flying animals can easily gain AND keep latitude, maybe not in vertical straight line but still.
    Which means if blizz wanted to go for realism, trapezoid path from A to B should be a way to go.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

lol i love you guys
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...
    Good news, you can ride your groundmount moron. No one is stopping you.

Not any danger on the ground anyways, nothing outside of dungeons is dangerous enough to kill you. Especially after you have a modicum of gear that be obtained without ever stepping inside a dungeon or raid. 226 gear is obtainable from anima. Basically as you ding 60 at this point you are going to overgear everything overworld aside from Zereth mortis.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Erm no. Flying at the very start cheapens everything and you’d be shortening the lifespan of content by literally making everything go faster. And it also takes away the freedom we get when we finally get it back in the .2 patch, which ties back to the point about the cheapening of the experience...
    Yeah no. All the flying timegating does is cause unsub until the complete experience is brought back.
    ...And of course at some point we will get tired of dragonriding. That’s the right time to give us back flying. And if done right, maybe that point in time won’t be as fast as it was in Shadowlands...
    My hope is that Dragonriding is as fun and immersive as advertised... however if it falls short pulling the ripcord faster is better for the overall health of the game.
    ...in Shadowlands we couldn’t even mount in the Maw at the start...
    And that was a shitshow. Hell at this point flying should be enabled in the Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Now I know this is an ironic shit post but I'm heavily in favour of the Mud Rug. Can we, the wow community all agree on that one change?

"I summon....THE MUD RUG"

Love how bitter some people get that they won't immediately get to swim through the air as soon as the next expansion launches.

Is current "flying" convenient? Undoubtedly. Too convenient some might say. Is it fun? No. Convenient =/= fun by default.

I think dragon riding has potential to be a fun alternative to the convenience of flying, because it's by no means a replacement if you can't glide or ascend indefinitely.

I'll reserve my opinion until we've seen the full extent of dragon riding on the alpha/beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    nah thats being stuck in the past bs. Flying should evolve and the dragonflight version i think would be great especially if added to ALL flying mounts
    removing a feature in the game that is beloved by the majority of the player doesn't make it great, honey. now calm down while grown-ups are talking, ok, sweaty dear?

removing a feature in the game that is beloved by the majority of the player doesn't make it great, honey. now calm down while grown-ups are talking, ok, sweaty dear?
    You seem to be getting very aggro for no reason on a video game forum, I wouldn’t be so quick to yourself an adult.

We had flying up to Mop from max level on right at the beginning. Was not a problem because enough content there, then came wod with barley any open world content
    and so flying had to go.

We will get a big fat time gate wall for that dragon ride thing, so not much fun and maybe even worse flappy bird content. So we get tired of dragon flying soon.
    Hope i am wrong but when i am realistic dragon flight probably will fail right at the begin of 10.0 and that with dragon flying as main open world content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Erm no. Flying at the very start cheapens everything and you’d be shortening the lifespan of content by literally making everything go faster. And it also takes away the freedom we get when we finally get it back in the .2 patch, which ties back to the point about the cheapening of the experience.

Now I am no fan of saving the ripcord just so to pull it at a later time, but dragonriding will be fine if implemented well and accomplishes the main motive of getting from point A to point B faster than running on the ground.

And of course at some point we will get tired of dragonriding. That’s the right time to give us back flying. And if done right, maybe that point in time won’t be as fast as it was in Shadowlands.

Remember in Shadowlands we couldn’t even mount in the Maw at the start, and even so now with our alts. We start at a net negative. That also makes it more desperate for us in Shadowlands to gain back any kind of “agency”.

If we start without that initial crippling, then it won’t make us feel like we need flying as much as we did in Shadowlands.
    ok you can keep your opinion to yourself because I don't feel flying cheapen my experience. Sorry not sorry because you have the wrong opinion and don't know how to feel immersion and wanting to force your wrong ideas onto other people who wants agency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    You seem to be getting very aggro for no reason on a video game forum, I wouldn’t be so quick to yourself an adult.
    You are something. I envy how you are so confident when you are wrong and don't know anything about wow and immersion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok you can keep your opinion to yourself because I don't feel flying cheapen my experience. Sorry not sorry because you have the wrong opinion and don't know how to feel immersion and wanting to force your wrong ideas onto other people who wants agency.

- - - Updated - - -

You are something. I envy how you are so confident when you are wrong and don't know anything about wow and immersion.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-fl...nflight-326874

so this thread is pointless now. guess mods can close it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be better to rename ur mount just like companion pets :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-fl...nflight-326874

so this thread is pointless now. guess mods can close it?
    Literally nothing in there shows that we have the option to fly in the zone when the content is current. Please stop trolling, thanks. What a pointless addition this thread, misinformation in fact, smh.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 2022-05-05 at 01:33 PM.

I think the new feature will be fun and have preferred being forced to experience the content the way it was designed to be experienced on the ground with flying opening up later. I think a lengthy achievement to get it is annoying, but i agree with the concept.

Maybe Dragonflight will be a step in the right direction with content designed around "flying" from the start.

I'll wait and see until I get my hands on it how it will really be before passing judgement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think the new feature will be fun and have preferred being forced to experience the content the way it was designed to be experienced on the ground with flying opening up later. I think a lengthy achievement to get it is annoying, but i agree with the concept.

Maybe Dragonflight will be a step in the right direction with content designed around "flying" from the start.

I'll wait and see until I get my hands on it how it will really be before passing judgement.
    Having flying as an option for players to have agency on how to travel would had been the step in the right direction.

You don't want agency, you just want to be able not to interact with the game. Blizzard is offering offering a more involved style of flying but you don't want that, do you?

Fucking TBC man, ruined the game so hard, devs are still trying to fix the damage 20 years later. And this goes not only for flying, but for all of the stupid shit they added back then without thinking for a second about the long term implications.