Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    You're missing the point that many anti-abortion positions are based on the duty of the state to protect individuals. And since nobody can really define when an "individual" is formed, is why this is such a difficult issue. This is the cleanest way to put it, leaving religion and other biases out of it. To say it's solely a healthcare decision or solely a women's rights issue is not portraying the issue fairly. Not saying that's my personal view, only that other views exist and can't just be so easily discarded.
    They can and should.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'd love to see that passage used as "freedom of religion" for abortions, but it would likely be shot down every step of the way to SCOTUS. Where these same conservative judges would make any and every excuse against it.
    Well, the Satanic Church's faith states that abortions must be allowed if the women seeks it. So they have already started moving in the states that once Roe is shot down applying for religious exemption to the abortion ban.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, the Satanic Church's faith states that abortions must be allowed if the women seeks it. So they have already started moving in the states that once Roe is shot down applying for religious exemption to the abortion ban.
    My guess they'll use the Covid vaccine precedent of not giving religious exemption and give them the finger. I know it's apples and oranges, but these people don't give a fuck.

Watching the Satanic church push for individual rights and freedoms while "pro-individual rights and freedoms" conservatives lose their minds is top quality humor.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    They can and should.
    Wow, such an ironclad argument. And yet you wonder how the Dems have continued to lose previous swaths of reliable voters, how they've lost most state legislatures, most governor's mansions, the SCOTUS, and a soon to be GOP trifecta in 2024.

You're looking at GG for at least the next couple generations and you don't even know it. I wish "Dems in Disarray" was just a meme but look at what it's brought us.

Wow, such an ironclad argument. And yet you wonder how the Dems have continued to lose previous swaths of reliable voters, how they've lost most state legislatures, most governor's mansions, the SCOTUS, and a soon to be GOP trifecta in 2024.

You're looking at GG for at least the next couple generations and you don't even know it. I wish "Dems in Disarray" was just a meme but look at what it's brought us.
    We don't wonder, we know exactly why, and it's nothing you seem to allude to here, Mr Trumpster.

I don't think it'll work. The new conservative justices have no problem with giving legally inconsistent and preferential rulings. Christians will have an absolute right to disregard just about any law they want. Others, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    All the replies you got and this is the one you replied to. Just in case anyone thought you were a serious poster with good faith posting habits lol
    It’s always the case and never fails to amuse.

It’s the same from all these faux enlightened centrists.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2022-05-05 at 04:59 PM.

I wish "Dems in Disarray" was just a meme but look at what it's brought us.
    Holy shit if you think this is how we got here I have at least a dozen bridges to sell you.

Yeah, democrats losing SCOTUS has nothing to do with Congress Republicans engaging in inconsistent, hypocritical shitfuckery and state legislatures have nothing to do with massive levels of gerry-mandering done by the GOP. Which, for the record, GOP has to repeatedly engage in because they most certainly are losing voters. Same reason why they want to pass legislation limiting voting rights for large amount of people.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2022-05-05 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point that many anti-abortion positions are based on the duty of the state to protect individuals.
    Anyone holding such a position is a malicious liar. 100% of them.

You can't "protect an individual" while simultaneously harming another individual.

At best, fetal personhood as an argument pushes for induced births over other abortion techniques. And at earlier than 21 weeks, the fetus can't possibly survive, which makes it a pretty objectively stupid argument in the first place. Fetal personhood provides absolutely no basis for any argument that denies women control of the use of their bodies; they must always have the right to terminate a pregnancy.

And since nobody can really define when an "individual" is formed, is why this is such a difficult issue.
    It really isn't. As stated repeatedly, fetal personhood is absolutely fucking irrelevant to the question of abortion rights. It's a straw man invented by religious extremists so they don't have to talk about their misogynistic desire to subjugate women.

This is the cleanest way to put it, leaving religion and other biases out of it.
    It's entirely religious, so you can't "leave religion out of it".

To say it's solely a healthcare decision or solely a women's rights issue is not portraying the issue fairly.
    To say it's anything but that is malicious and intentionally dishonest. It's not just "unfair", it's objectively subjugating women and treating them as lesser.

Not saying that's my personal view, only that other views exist and can't just be so easily discarded.
    Sure they can. See above.

You can hold such views, and that just means you're an evil, bigoted sonofabitch. Ta-da, discarded.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...t-and-provider

"It's a values position about protecting life!"

Louisiana: LET'S TOSS DOCTORS AND PATIENTS IN JAIL, YEAH BOI!

Man I miss all those years when Republicans felt they had to try to gain popular support for banning abortion by saying, "Oh, we don't want to punish the women!" or "We don't want to punish the doctors!" and then when they think they no longer need the PR campaign go full-on "THROW EVERYONE IN JAIL".

This is why you don't believe Republicans/conservatives. Because the dishonesty is baked into the political party/ideology.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    My guess they'll use the Covid vaccine precedent of not giving religious exemption and give them the finger. I know it's apples and oranges, but these people don't give a fuck.
    Ugh ... don't remind me of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Watching the Satanic church push for individual rights and freedoms while "pro-individual rights and freedoms" conservatives lose their minds is top quality humor.
    And the Satanic Church pays taxes. Honestly, the Satanic Church is fun to watch because they are clearly trolling but do so 100% within the confines of the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I don't think it'll work. The new conservative justices have no problem with giving legally inconsistent and preferential rulings. Christians will have an absolute right to disregard just about any law they want. Others, not so much.
    Yeah, I know. But, it won't stop the fight.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Aren’t they also one of the 13 states that made it legal for a full grown adult to fuck children?
    The term they use is "Underage Woman."
    It's implies they are fully matured in all forms to be a woman. Except they're in 8th grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's implies they are fully matured in all forms to be a woman. Except they're in 8th grade.
    They use girls when they want to pretend they are still children, but underage women elsewhere.
    –The Sith Code

They use girls when they want to pretend they are still children, but underage women elsewhere.
    Liberals "groom" children.

Conservatives have sex with "underage women". And sometimes "underage men".

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    If you are lucky they are in the 8th grade, they have married girls as young as 12 old to guys old enough to retire and collect their social security as they were born long enough ago to have that option.

Not sure "Underage Woman" counts if they haven't even hit puberty yet.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Liberals "groom" children.

Conservatives have sex with "underage women". And sometimes "underage men".
    And when they have sex with underage men, it was because of the evil drugs they were exposed to.
    –The Sith Code

And when they have sex with underage men, it was because of the evil drugs they were exposed to.
    "'This is not who I am.' the Republican said, responding to videos showing them leaving a gay swingers orgy that they'd regularly attended for the past decade."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If you are lucky they are in the 8th grade, they have married girls as young as 12 old to guys old enough to retire and collect their social security as they were born long enough ago to have that option.

Not sure "Underage Woman" counts if they haven't even hit puberty yet.
    I am in my late 30s, I had a woman in her 20s ask me out for a drink and I said no because it was too weird for me.

I cannot understand why someone wants a spouse that they are old enough to be the grandparent of.
    –The Sith Code