Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wrath is gonna be hilarious, even easier than Vanilla. You don't even need to be max level to beat the first tier of raids, and you will be soloing heroic dungeons by 3.2 with most dps classes.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

This is why we had #nochanges. Classic was about replaying the good old days. Nothing more, nothing less. And that was perfect. Now Blizzard is doing changes and the 'community' keeps begging for more.

The whole point of Classic has been ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Except they did.

They released the pre-nerfed versions and even that was too much for many players.
    Because the pre-nerfed versions existed. You guys are asking for things to happen that didnt happen in wrath. Huge difference. Im more than fine with per-nerf where the pre-nerf existed. It would be silly to try to add buffs to the content. It won't help. Knowledge is everything and they cant take that away.

Hell, in SoM AQ40, they added c'thun eye beaming and the eye tentacles / bigger tentacles to the "hard modes" of every boss fight and people are face rolling it lol. You simply cant make people forget mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Just give me the option to toggle new (WoD) character models and I'll be happy.
    Otherwise, WoTLK is as good as it can be, there is no need for further modifications.
    This so much. Subbed last week to try BC classic and the models look just awful. We've been spoiled by retail models customization.

OT: making harder the content of the expansion famous for being accesible to everyone would be suicidal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    This so much. Subbed last week to try BC classic and the models look just awful. We've been spoiled by retail models customization.

OT: making harder the content of the expansion famous for being accesible to everyone would be suicidal.
    I tried to play Retail and I couldn't get past how awful the game looks now. Absolutely hate the new aesthetic style. The animations are awful. It doesn't look or feel like WoW anymore. Keep that crap out of Classic.

I do agree on not making the content harder to appease 1% of the sweaty tryhards. That indeed would be suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    This is why we had #nochanges. Classic was about replaying the good old days. Nothing more, nothing less. And that was perfect. Now Blizzard is doing changes and the 'community' keeps begging for more.

Yep, and probably a big reason for why Blizzard was so hesitant of doing changes in the first place a few years ago. Then they started doing changes, and once they do that... Well, people will never stop demanding changes.

Personally, I thought all of this re-release of classic, BC & WotLK was about re-living what once was. The good, the bad, the ugly. The easy, the more difficult. More or less what it was.

Also, making content really hard doesnt automatically mean a better game. Doesnt work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yep, and probably a big reason for why Blizzard was so hesitant of doing changes in the first place a few years ago. Then they started doing changes, and once they do that... Well, people will never stop demanding changes.

Personally, I thought all of this re-release of classic, BC & WotLK was about re-living what once was. The good, the bad, the ugly. The easy, the more difficult. More or less what it was.

Also, making content really hard doesnt automatically mean a better game. Doesnt work like that.
    Indeed. And the funny thing is, 2019 Classic was a HUGE success. There was zero reason for Blizzard to change things. But modern Blizzard always finds a way to fuck things up...

#NOCHANGES!

Deal with it ! cause you all thought that "older expansions" were hard AF !

Indeed. And the funny thing is, 2019 Classic was a HUGE success. There was zero reason for Blizzard to change things. But modern Blizzard always finds a way to fuck things up...
    You know, if only they had done this before and would know how to stay put this time around..

All of this started because of classic players. Classic players wanted this version of the game, not classic with 90813 changes. But the game as it was.

If one start going down the route of listening to this playerbase, the changes will never end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I do agree on not making the content harder to appease 1% of the sweaty tryhards. That indeed would be suicide.
    Indeed. And as a possible compromise, they can make one "PvE Hardcore" realm at start of WoTLK, where all dungeons and raids will be tuned the way that all mobs and bosses, say, do 25% more damage. Only a fraction of players actually want that - I believe, TBC difficulty is fine just as it is.

Not everyone has the reaction of a robot or an e-sport regular, especially considering that most of players on Classic servers are middle-aged. I want to play in a relaxed atmosphere and not to be aware of 100500 boss mechanics at once. If I enjoyed Mythic raiding or 15+ keys, I'd stay on retail.

Other than I am pretty slow on reaction, I also really dislike what modern WoW high-end PvE has become in general - after all, WoW was supposed to be a RPG game, not an arcade or a Playstation jumpfest. And speaking of PvP, it's even worse - entire SL PvP (especially this season) is 1shot super reaction fest - wo kills who first in first 10 sec popping everything, etc.

Don't turn Classic to 2nd retail. Hardcore raiders, let casuals have their fun. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2022-05-05 at 10:58 PM.

I tried to play Retail and I couldn't get past how awful the game looks now. Absolutely hate the new aesthetic style. The animations are awful. It doesn't look or feel like WoW anymore. Keep that crap out of Classic.

While the aesthetic in some cases could have been and should be improved. The level of customization un retail Is a huge leap from classic. That's why a toggle ( you can choose what you see) would work wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the "hardcore classic" gamers could not even handle pre-nerf tbc raids lol
    This is the funniest thing that happened in Classic lol. Hard content finally came to the game and Blizzard was rushing to nerf it due to how much trouble it was causing people.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    This is the funniest thing that happened in Classic lol. Hard content finally came to the game and Blizzard was rushing to nerf it due to how much trouble it was causing people.
    Going by public sources (a.k.a. Warcraftlogs) the majority of guilds managed to clear SSC / TK before the nerfs came in.

In other words, only a minority actually needed the nerfs in order to kill Vashj / KT.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I am asking for no changes, therefore, for a tune up

No changes means that fights should last the same, be the same difficulty. Now, experience over the years and the fact that we start in the latest patch, makes those fights last 1/3th of their true experience duration. Which is simply not fun, we will go through content WAY too fast.

So my plea is for a boost on fights HP and DMG, a slight one to counter the fact that we will know exactly what to do on every fight, and we will do it extremely optimized compared to 13 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    #NOCHANGES!

Deal with it ! cause you all thought that "older expansions" were hard AF !
    A lot of you do not get it. It is a concept of time and experience.

Yes, fights were harder back then, much more. But not by design, they were harder due to experience and the position we were on the timeline.

We had no video guides on HD with ultra detailed explanations on what to do, from 10 perspectives and 20 different full time dedicated world top streamers explaining it... So, whilst mechanics were bastly more simple, we had to literally jump in and figure them out through wiping..

Today ,you get all the data in detail feed on a golden plate before you even go into the raid. The only reason people fail is because of the utterly and unnecesary complex mechanics and their intrinsic use of addons.

Today, not only we have access t oall of that info, but we have material worth of 13 years plus hundreads of kills under the belt on each boss... Which means that we can simply cruise through it at a very unrealistic peace.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-05-06 at 11:06 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this is something that may happen after the expansion ends and we possibly move into "Classic +" content.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard being slow & introverted as usual, classic servers where needed 10 years ago, now all of WoW is just, been there, done that. I even get a tint of nausea from the zones, tired of SL zones already & im only lvl58.

I'd have a lot of fun if there where mini races/classes like Ogre or Kobold with their own zones & crafting and max level is 40.
    Last edited by DookuDookuTree; 2022-05-06 at 11:13 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ugabelege View Post
    Blizzard being slow & introverted as usual, classic servers where needed 10 years ago, now all of WoW is just, been there, done that. I even get a tint of nausea from the zones, tired of SL zones already & im only lvl58.
    I felt the same way. I thought: "why would I do that.. again for the 1000th time?"

But then Shadowlands came along and now I think to myself instead: "why would I play that.. when I have real WoW in BC classic lol"

xD

TBC Classic literally started with the earlier, harder versions of raids. If you're going to post, at least have some idea about the topic of which you speak.
    The "earlier, harder" versions of raids were too easy. That's the point.
    If you're going to post, at least have some idea about the topic of which you speak.

Thankful that Sunwell will be the challenge that the rest of TBC Classic wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabelege View Post

I'd have a lot of fun if there where mini races/classes like Ogre or Kobold with their own zones & crafting and max level is 40.
    only a small percentage in 2012 wanted Classic Servers. The Game was still in its Peaks and just began to drop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    If you're going to post, at least have some idea about the topic of which you speak.

Thankful that Sunwell will be the challenge that the rest of TBC Classic wasn't.
    challenging ? if they dont gate it it will be cleared day 1 in a few hours max. there is nothing challenging in Classic Wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post

Really? Thankful? I know a lot of people who will quit now, waiting for WotLK classic, who are dadgamers like me, who don't appriciate challenge and wipes. I will NEVER set foot in that raid, as I really feel too old to deal with progress runs and wipes.

Just the feeling I have overall, people are dropping off, and I don't think Sunwell will be appriciated by many.