Poll: What do you think?

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Thought they mentioned that they would be able to do so... Only riding mounts would require visage.
    They can do the most basic, non-upgraded version of dragon riding, which will definetly force them to ride a dragon in visage form in the future.

That's the way I understood it too, and if that's indeed the case then it really seems like a strange miss.

Luckily, with enough player feedback, maybe it's something they can change over the course of testing unless it's strictly an art and animation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    They can do the most basic, non-upgraded version of dragon riding, which will definetly force them to ride a dragon in visage form in the future.
    It seems stupid to give them "basic" dragonriding and not have it be upgraded along with it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It seems stupid to give them "basic" dragonriding and not have it be upgraded along with it.
    100% agreed, been plastering the official forums with requests for them to rethink that odd choice.
    They should simply be limited to gliding in areas without dragon riding imo (and maybe give them a running wild type of flight in said zones?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    That's the way I understood it too, and if that's indeed the case then it really seems like a strange miss.

Luckily, with enough player feedback, maybe it's something they can change over the course of testing unless it's strictly an art and animation issue.
    My cynical side suspects that they just want to "force" Dracthyr players into wanting to participate in content that unlocks cosmetics for the dragon mounts. Though I also find it silly considering that I happily collected mounts back when I mained druid, despite travel form being objectively superior

There is a lot with this new race/class that seems stupid.......

The idea that they made them upright so additional classes could be added later, that makes more sense than any other reason I've seen so far, so fair enough.

However, it would have been so much easier to simply do a REALLY cool visage form, dragon flight form, a dragon racial that transformed you for a second when you use it, and leave the new race at that.

Then you could have the Evoker, which fully embraces their dragon form and gives them more moves to shift into dragon form (either as cooldowns or shapeshifts), and also have classes like Warrior, Priest, Mage, etc that could be played from visage form (as whatever race you mimic) where the full dragon aspect of the new race is limited because you're not an Evoker. You're still a dragon, but you spend most of your time in visage form.

As they have it now, if they add the Warrior class, are these lizards going to suddenly start using weapons and shields? Wear more armor in lizardman form? Or will they be like Monks, where the weapon is pasted to your back/hips, but you never see them swing it?

Visage form Warrior who busts out into a big dragon's breath attack every once in awhile sounds pretty awesome. Lizardman who is built to be a caster trying to fit other classes feels like its going to be even more of a disappointment.

My cynical side suspects that they just want to "force" Dracthyr players into wanting to participate in content that unlocks cosmetics for the dragon mounts. Though I also find it silly considering that I happily collected mounts back when I mained druid, despite travel form being objectively superior
    That's what I suspect as well, along with them wanting to avoid potential difficulty of untangling the race from dragonriding in the event the system isn't expanded and carried forward.

That, or they just don't want to make all of the necessary animations.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    This, something inspired by this would make a lot more sense, and fit in much better.

I just find this blatant furry in a dragonsuit design repulsive.
    People can be into whatever they want, but I don't want this shit in my game.
    And why even have a human form? Get rid of that shit.

One of the senior designers is a transgender furry... so what can you expect.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PushinVerts
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PushinVer...09346087112705
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PushinVer...55720424460291
    Good thing it isn't your game then. Also, what does it matter if one of the designers is transgender or into furries?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO, they look like lizards, not dragons.

They should at the very least, give us beefier choices, or I won't be playing them.
    Last edited by Sluvs; 2022-05-05 at 07:29 PM.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Good thing it isn't your game then. Also, what does it matter if one of the designers is transgender or into furries?
    Doesn't matter at all, unless they create a product that looks like they are injecting their personal fetishes into a game. I suppose it depends on if you think this new race looks like a dragon, or like something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    There is a lot with this new race/class that seems stupid.......

The idea that they made them upright so additional classes could be added later, that makes more sense than any other reason I've seen so far, so fair enough.

However, it would have been so much easier to simply do a REALLY cool visage form, dragon flight form, a dragon racial that transformed you for a second when you use it, and leave the new race at that.

Then you could have the Evoker, which fully embraces their dragon form and gives them more moves to shift into dragon form (either as cooldowns or shapeshifts), and also have classes like Warrior, Priest, Mage, etc that could be played from visage form (as whatever race you mimic) where the full dragon aspect of the new race is limited because you're not an Evoker. You're still a dragon, but you spend most of your time in visage form.

As they have it now, if they add the Warrior class, are these lizards going to suddenly start using weapons and shields? Wear more armor in lizardman form? Or will they be like Monks, where the weapon is pasted to your back/hips, but you never see them swing it?

Visage form Warrior who busts out into a big dragon's breath attack every once in awhile sounds pretty awesome. Lizardman who is built to be a caster trying to fit other classes feels like its going to be even more of a disappointment.
    Not liking the design isn't a sign of their stupidity though...
    All of these ideas of "playing a regular race and transform at times" seems bad to me.. quite boring tbh. I could argue they are stupid.

And I see no problem with them opening up classes later either.

So what I mean with stupid in this context is that implementing dragonriding means that the character will support dragonriding. So having them be able to use upgrades a long with the mount is no extra work, since it's tied to the fact they can do dragonriding. It's like if you have homework 100% done and then just don't turn it in. That kind of stupid.
    100% agreed, been plastering the official forums with requests for them to rethink that odd choice.
    They should simply be limited to gliding in areas without dragon riding imo (and maybe give them a running wild type of flight in said zones?)
    Got a link to the information about it? I couldn't find where I heard that they would be able to dragonride... so hopefully you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Normally, it wouldn't.

But when a presented model for a billion dollar game, looks like a fan made furry/scalie model from DeviantArt, it's not a completely irrelevant detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Do you all think furries aren't into muscular men or something?

Model changes and body types I'm all good with.

Armor rigging feels like it will take a lot of work and if druids can live with no armor forms, I'm sure evokers will find a way.

All humanoid forms available feels like I'd be playing with two factions: Standard WoW (comprised of humans, dwarves, trolls, orcs, etc) and the glamour faction (comprised of made of glamour humans, glamour dwarves, glamour trolls, glamour orcs, etc .)

Yes to whatever people want for body type model options
    No to armor (I'm assuming if it was easy to do, they would have done it.)
    No to all humanoid forms.
    SorryNotSorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally, it wouldn't.

But when a presented model for a billion dollar game, looks like a fan made furry/scalie model from DeviantArt, it's not a completely irrelevant detail.
    I think it is pretty unfair to say that her being transgender played any role in this. We all know what they are trying to say when they say this.

Also a reminder that she did not decide how they would look on her own. She probably was briefed and worked accordingly.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Got a link to the information about it? I couldn't find where I heard that they would be able to dragonride... so hopefully you have it.
    It was on Hazelnutty's interview with Ion
    Dracthyr will have access to the baseline form of dragonriding using their own wings, but the "upgraded versions that players will earn through dragonriding" will require using the dragon companion.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/ion-haz...-renown-326789

Normally, it wouldn't.

This is just an excuse for you to be transphobic - both your insistence that it's a relevant detail and trying to pin an entire new race's appearance on a single person when it was absolutely a joint effort from the team in charge of it.

It was on Hazelnutty's interview with Ion

https://www.wowhead.com/news/ion-haz...-renown-326789
    Weird phrasing... I assume they mean the basic gliding options... But why not just say they can't fly but only glide like demon hunter?
    Oh well...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    This is just an excuse for you to be transphobic - both your insistence that it's a relevant detail and trying to pin an entire new race's appearance on a single person when it was absolutely a joint effort from the team in charge of it.
    It's also ignoring that she's done a lot of models for the game, many of which seem pretty beloved, like crawgs, sethrak, brutosaurs, Kul Tiran and Zandalari bear forms, HD worgen...

But nah, this time she's totally injecting some DeviantArt furry fantasy because the new race differs from the usual "musclebound dude and hourglass lady" thing outside their visage form.

I'm all for dracthyr getting additional body types, all races should have them, but some of the pants pissing about the speculated intentions behind the race's current design is just hilarious.

Give me manly man Dracthyr with wide shoulders, spine breaking biceps and jagged manly man snout. Keep the furry option for deviantart enthusiasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    Armor rigging feels like it will take a lot of work
    Customer should not care about it. There are players expectations, that were set by devs in the past. When devs underperform - customers have all rights to be upset and demand more.

The game started to die exactly at the moment players started to be okay with devs delivering less and less.
    Before BFA devs at least tried to do some extra. In Legion they did individual quests and story for each class. In WoD they completely reworked all old playable races. In MoP they added a new race (with many classes available) and new class with completely new and unique animations (available for almost all races) at the same time.
    With BFA a new trend became clear when they showed that allied races (the major selling point of xpac) are just reskins of old races.
    With SL everything became obvious with the announcement trailer, when devs did show absolutely nothing (only 4 questing areas, no new race, no new class, nothing).
    And now they are trying to sell us and semi-race-semi-class thing with tons of unnecessary limitations. And the devs are fine with that, because they know that there are fanboys who will defend this approach with some bs arguments.