Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Sorry, wasn't my question clear? I want link to official communications of respective international agencies. Ones doing actual investigations.

Press releases, investigation results, something official.

If any of your news articles contain it please kindly provide it here directly.
    Even if an agency do report on it you still won't believe it. I mean u still deny that MH17 was downed by Russia. So no matter that outcome ( i mean everyone know it was Russia who did the bucha massacre) is you won't believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Taiwan is also much harder to invade than Ukraine. It doesn't share hundreds of miles of land boarders with hostile nations.
    Seeing how Russian 3 days invasions have been going i doubt China in an better position than Russia when it comes to their military. So it might go far far worse for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Supplies getting low at the troll farm. They are expecting to go to Heaven soon after watching that tv segment.

Also Shilcker why dress up prisoners of war for that looney may 9 parade ? In your delusions of Russian grandeur what would you say is the reason for such a deranged act ?
    I mean their troll farm have been slowing down because some of them are getting drafted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    Seeing how Russian 3 days invasions have been going i doubt China in an better position than Russia when it comes to their military. So it might go far far worse for them.
    Pretty sure China army is superior to Russian. But they are still not really tested. And that place is an island.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Taiwan would be MUCH harder to reinforce. And I bet China will go for it in next 2 decades or so.
    Taiwan is also protected by sea, so the invasion itself would consist of much more than sending tanks over the plain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Taiwan is also protected by sea, so the invasion itself would consist of much more than sending tanks over the plain.
    I bet if it was Russia invading Taiwan, they'd still manage to get half their vehicles stuck in the mud during transit

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pretty sure China army is superior to Russian. But they are still not really tested. And that place is an island.
    The thing is Russian equipment have been tested in Syria, Georgia and etc. China have not really tested it's equipment anywhere. Also China's navy isn't top notch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    The thing is Russian equipment have been tested in Syria, Georgia and etc. China have not really tested it's equipment anywhere. Also China's navy isn't top notch
    But is their army as incompetent and corrupt as Russian?

Damn conundrum. Taiwan is so much harder to invade, but so much more valuable.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

Damn conundrum. Taiwan is so much harder to invade, but so much more valuable.
    It's worthless if they have to Mariupol it.

Not really relevant to the present day, but an interesting parallel: The first time China lost Taiwan, they lost it in a war with Japan. They thought their big fleet of modern warships will easily take down Japan's small fleet of modern warships.

Guess what.

It turned out Japan's sailors were well-trained, disciplined and motivated. Also, and here is the comparison to the present war, China's equipment and ordnance mostly existed on paper. The ships themselves and the cannons were there, but just don't ask about fuel. Or gunpowder. Or the crew's payroll.

And 10 years later, Russia still thought Japan would be easy to take down with their big fleet of modern warships...

Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-05-05 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    A reminder:
    [B]

Again - Moderators can only review as we're available. Keep this in mind going forward and stay on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Also please remember that moderators are not online around the clock. If you see a post you consider atrocious which is not punished right away, the explanation might be that we do not - but also that we will once we get around.
    Maybe that's an indicator that you require more moderators.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's really not, though.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    they need to demand wages first

DNR is mobilizing all its males as cannon fodder, to the point they're grabbing people off the street. I've seen claims that men of fighting age are afraid to leave their homes less they get press Ganged.

"Saved by Russia". /spit

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And finally, we have confirmation Russia will declare war on May 9.

"Hey, that article says Russia denies this!"

Like I said, confirmation. Russia has lied about everything else, why would this be different?
    I'm still skeptical that they will do it, despite Russia denying it - as it would shatter the lie of the "special military operation", and it is unclear if it would help much.

Interestingly Lukashenko in Belarus wants the war to end and says "I am not immersed in this problem enough to say whether it goes according to plan, like the Russians say, or like I feel it.

"I want to stress one more time: I feel like this operation has dragged on."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61339742

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Taiwan would be MUCH harder to reinforce. And I bet China will go for it in next 2 decades or so.
    But also far, far harder to invade. You need an almost impeccable logistical situation to seize an island that is ready to meet you. There's a reason the Nazis didn't even seriously consider Sea Lion despite having an army magnitudes stronger than the British's.

Sure, China could instead pound the place with airstrikes for who knows how long. But that's 1) unclear how much it'll actually soften them up and 2) kinda pointless given that China doesn't want the place ruined, it wants it back, and Taiwan holds some of the most vital industry in the world that you really don't want to turn into scrap.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...02979619311618

lol even newsmax isnt this bad.

The geezer who was talking about nuking the UK is on holiday in dubai. Russian elites talk a good game but give the cant stand actually having to be in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...02979619311618

lol even newsmax isnt this bad.

The geezer who was talking about nuking the UK is on holiday in dubai. Russian elites talk a good game but give the cant stand actually having to be in Russia.
    Shades indoors? Does he think he's Kim Jong Un or Jack Nicholson?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Taiwan is also much harder to invade than Ukraine. It doesn't share hundreds of miles of land boarders with hostile nations.
    In addition to the Taiwan Strait and limited access beach heads, there are other major differences between Ukraine and Taiwan.

Ukraine has limited surface-to-air capabilities - stinger and Soviet-era S-300. Taiwan currently operates 6 battalions of PAC-3 (MIM-104F) with total missile numbers 384, 3 battalions of PAC-2/GEM (MIM-104D) with about 200 missiles, and another 300 PAC-3 MSE in its arsenal. So, between 800 - 900 U.S. Patriot missiles. Taiwan also has 14 battalions of domestically manufactured Sky Bow. Numbers are unknown.

In an effort to keep from pissing off the Chinese, Taiwan used to limit the composition of their missiles to anti-ship and short-range ballistic missiles. Not anymore. Hsiung Feng IIE (in service since 2011) has max range of 1,200 km. Well within the striking range of every single southern China major cities which include Shanghai. The Yun Feng with 2,000 km range adds the cities of central and western China including Beijing.

For sure it won’t be pretty.

Despite denying mobilisation will happen, apparently a lot of jobs for 'mobilisation experts' are appearing on online job portals in Russia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinRoth...77544791322624

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Despite denying mobilisation will happen, apparently a lot of jobs for 'mobilisation experts' are appearing on online job portals in Russia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KevinRoth...77544791322624
    They didn't deny that it will happen. They denied that it will happen to coincide with May 9th.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils