Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Your words, not mine, was a genuine question. Yet somehow I don't recall reading about "diversity departaments" and stuff like that in the gaming magazines I've read 20 years ago. I think it was all about games, not about what company does to satisfy Twitter mob.
    Ah yes, to "satisfy the twitter mob".

Surely, it has absolutely nothing to do with a major lawsuit where they treated women and others extremely awful.

This is the reason why some opinions should have actual facts behind them, rather than just "I don't like it".

- - - Updated - - -

That just proves it's nothing for the player in diversity hiring. Maybe for investors, because Twitter mob goes easier on their investment, not for the players.
    This isn't about the players, it's about making a professional workspace so they can actually make games without having breast milk drank.

Which, this might be a shock to you, but when people feel miserable working somewhere but they need the income, it affects the productivity of said workplace.

And no, "just quit and work somewhere else" isn't an answer. Especially when the field of work you chose to pursue tends to have this as an issue overall. And no, "choose another field of work" isn't an answer either after you have to invest years of effort to get experience to break into big fields like this. You can't expect people hitting their 30s to just flip careers easily nor should they have to because people are acting like animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ah yes, to "satisfy the twitter mob".

Surely, it has absolutely nothing to do with a major lawsuit where they treated women and others extremely awful.

This is the reason why some opinions should have actual facts behind them, rather than just "I don't like it".
    It doesn't change the fact that people don't care, and I'm one of them. It's not my business. It's between worker and workplace, and maybe court if applicable. I don't know how they solve their problems, I just want a complete, good game.

I am not paying for games to follow some lawsuits and read about work ethics of a studio. I have my own problems and I don't care, I'd pay double if they got rid of all this bullshit and released some proper games, like a proper W3 remake, or Warcraft 2 remastered like StarCraft.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So if you don't like being in a company... leave it? Like... write a resignation letter? Not everything is for everyone.
    that's what alot of people have done which has likely hurt the quality of the game's more then them hiring woman or none white people.

also "if you don't want to be sexually harassed, assaulted, or discriminated against Just leave" is some pretty shit advice/justification to not try and fix broken work places.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Nothing against women in general but they simply don’t have their place in the video game industry. Especially not in the position of power where they can make decisions. We don’t need more rainbows, more colors, more strong women role models, more equality, more women powers, more plushes, more LGBTQ+ friendly bs and more cute stuff. Maybe I’m growing too old and should leave these games to the next generation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-05-05 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This isn't about the players, it's about making a professional workspace so they can actually make games without having breast milk drank.

Which, this might be a shock to you, but when people feel miserable working somewhere but they need the income, it affects the productivity of said workplace.
    I don't know how does that affect me. Like... why should I even think about somebody stealing breast milk in the studio? It's not my problem, just report it, or sue.

I love how people are defending this post like they actually care and think it's gonna make WoW better because there is a Head of Culture at Blizzard. Like , haven't all the dickheads at Blizzard left or been fired? How many more diversity hires and pointless jobs do they have to add. It's like they are addicted to dopamine of likes on twitter from blue hearts

Ofc another women, blizzard is fucking hiring on sexist base. Whats diverse about getting only females on top positions....
    This company is pretty sick with their morals and they are even proud that they are only getting females and dont even see how wrong it is....
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-05-05 at 09:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    It's Blizzard news, this is a Blizzard fansite.

If it weren't reported, the question would be "Why is MMOC burying this news?", just like with the recent non-reporting of Blizzard's dismal earnings statement.

It's not like anyone was required to read the article after noting that the headline showed them something they were not interested in, so this question of yours seems more like bitching about something you don't like rather than a genuine lack of understanding.
    No, I’m just interested only in game generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the times where no game developer cared for "equal", and "diverse" workplace. I have also read about them recently in Staats' book about early days of World of Warcraft and Warcraft III development.

It was just sweaty nerds with lots of passion. There was no diversity departament, no culture departament, no queer departament, there were guys working their asses off and producing iconic games, like Warcraft II, Warcraft III, StarCraft, Call of Duty 2, Gothic, Neverwinter Nights...

Now, you have "diverse" and "equal" work environments, spewing vile stuff like Warcraft Rumble, Shadowlands, or any other Battlefield2042-esque soulless games.

Why can't we focus on quality again?
    ah yes, the times where sexual harassment was rampant and few people would believe rape and sexual harassment victims

Did they even hire women during Warcraft II phase?

I just want good games, idc about this diversity bullshit
    Do you care about the sexual molestation and abuse "bullshit"?

Grow the fuck up, seriously.

All I know is we had Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 without diversity hires and culture heads or whatever. Valve had no diversity departament while developing Half-Life and Half-Lief 2. Neither did id Software. These games are classic and are highly regarded everywhere. Really makes you think.

Now enjoy your blue-haired developers and inclusivity crusade, where game itself is on the second plane.
    The game development industry also employees thousands more than it did in the past. This means more people, including those from marginalized groups, are working in game development than ever before. Inclusivity isn't a bad thing, it just means treating people with the respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Do you care about the sexual molestation and abuse "bullshit"?

Grow the fuck up, seriously.
    I'm literally buying and playing a game. If you care so much, get hired as blizzard as another head of diversity.

The game development industry also employees thousands more than it did in the past. This means more people, including those from marginalized groups, are working in game development than ever before. Inclusivity isn't a bad thing, it just means treating people with the respect they deserve.
    I'd trade inclusivity im gamedev for quality anytime. Zero downsides for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Conical View Post
    Nothing against women in general but they simply don’t have their place in the video game industry. Especially not in the position of power where they can make decisions. We don’t need more rainbows, more colors, more strong women role models, more equality, more women powers, more plushes, more LGBTQ+ friendly bs and more cute stuff. Maybe I’m growing too old and should leave these games to the next generation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk
    We really have gone full circle into overt sexism here on mmoc, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm literally buying and playing a game. If you care so much, get hired as blizzard as another head of diversity.
    If you don't care about the source of your products you're a giant arsehole. The end doesn't justify the means.

I don't know how does that affect me. Like... why should I even think about somebody stealing breast milk in the studio? It's not my problem, just report it, or sue.
    I already said how it affects the workplace which affects the game quality.
    Which is what you claim to only care about.

But if you want to stick your head in the dirt and hate on the idea of women touching video games, then there's no hope.

I'd trade inclusivity im gamedev for quality anytime. Zero downsides for the players.
    Did you know that the two concepts aren't mutually exclusive? Y'know, unless you actually think that having blue hair or gender reconstructive surgery makes somebody an inferior developer...

If you don't care about the source of your products you're a giant arsehole. The end doesn't justify the means.
    Sorry, I prefer studios like old-school Blizzard that spawned OG Warcraft trilogy, Diablo 2, and vanilla WoW. AFAIK nobody was murdered in Blizzard, nobody was forced to stay hired, no animals died, no land burned. So what's the issue again?

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-05-05 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Head of Culture sounds like HR with more steps
    Duh it means her job is to give head of course.

What does this even mean? Most people don't know or care who makes the games they play... You think everyone enjoying Elden Ring right now knows who or what FromSoftwhere is? They just wanna play a good game

Sorry, I prefer studios like old-school Blizzard that spawned OG Warcraft trilogy, Diablo 2, and vanilla WoW. AFAIK nobody was murdered in Blizzard, nobody was forced to stay hired, no animals died, no land burned. So what's the issue again?
    People can't just quit their jobs, that's not how the world works. Again, you're a giant arsehole if you think that production of good games justifies widespread sexual harassment in the production of games you like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    What does this even mean? Most people don't know or care who makes the games they play... You think everyone enjoying Elden Ring right now knows who or what FromSoftwhere is?
    There is a very obvious difference between not knowing, and knowing but not caring.

People can't just quit their jobs, that's not how the world works. Again, you're a giant arsehole if you think that production of good games justifies widespread sexual harassment in the production of games you like.
    I hope you are sending those comments through a pigeon, because battery in your laptop/phone, or parts of your computer could very likely use child labor to produce.