Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Is just pure speculation, even if some leaks that got almost the trifecta :race class zone, are pointing towards late 2022 and early 2023 plus i made this graph back then

87.5% of expasion lands or landed in the 2nd half of the Year.

50% in the Q4

So from a financial aspect they probably prefer a Q4 launch to bolster sales into 2023 so in the next Earning Call they can flex
    Sure they might want to release in that Q, but will the game be ready for that? Without an announcement from alpha, it's highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Pool will be a little more narrow in DF based off what they said. No dungeon that were previous M+ so that excludes Legion and BfA. They also later clarified that MoP was the furthest back they would go initially. So really its just a pool of MoP + WoD dungeons. Possibly with RFK, RFD and BFD as they were all updated in WoD to have a more modern design.

That's just for S1 & S2 of DF though. Could change entirely by S3 to include earlier or later dungeons.
    No one said that. They just said MoP will be earlieast they'll choose because older would need redesign + SL dungeon are too recent for launch.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Sure they might want to release in that Q, but will the game be ready for that? Without an announcement from alpha, it's highly unlikely.
    It's not even that, in theory Alpha could drop this month and expac release in December. But we will have whole Season 4 that reuse content, but still have typical stuff for season like rewards and 26 item level jump.

There are just 8 months between launch of season 3 (1st March) and deadline for pre-patch (1st November). Not only each season would have to last ~4 months, but also 8 months would be reasonable for final tier, so Blizzard wouldn't bother with s4 at all.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-05-05 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No one said that. They just said MoP will be earlieast they'll choose because older would need redesign + SL dungeon are too recent for launch.

It's not even that, in theory Alpha could drop this month and expac release in December. But we will have whole Season 4 that reuse content, but still have typical stuff for season like rewards and 26 item level jump.

There are just 8 months between launch of season 3 (1st March) and deadline for pre-patch (1st November). Not only each season would have to last ~4 months, but also 8 months would be reasonable for final tier, so Blizzard wouldn't bother with s4 at all.
    well they cannot launch next season sooner then after summer anyway as it would be crazy short season .

people who belive in 10.0 december release are beyond delusional

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    why are they taking away the windwalker buff now ?
    i dont know what magic happens in 9.2.5 that gives a damage buff that compensates for that
    i just noticed its a damage decreasing baseline thing ... why ? i dont know lol

Read it again....it CURRENTLY decrease by 11% but instead will decrease by 7% thus another 4% increase across the board INCLUDING healing this time.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well they cannot launch next season sooner then after summer anyway as it would be crazy short season .

people who belive in 10.0 december release are beyond delusional

I honestly believe in a December release. December 2023.

Actually Ion said it in the interview with Hazel.

Actually Ion said it in the interview with Hazel.
    Sure he did.

Mythic+ is just about my favorite feature out there, but no matter what we do with affixes, running the same dungeon for 18 months straight wears a little thin before the end, and people aren't necessarily that keen on refarming the same item 26 item levels higher each tier. We also have this wealth of awesome old content that is still super fun, as we've seen with things like Legion timewalking. So what we'd like to do for Dragonflight is launch with 8 dungeons, but have season 1 of Mythic+ be comprised of four of those new Dragonflight plus a mix of four dungeons picked from older expansions that never had Mythic+ before, whether it was a Mists challenge mode, Warlords dungeon, etc. Probably not Shadowlands stuff, because that's too recent. Have that flesh out the season one pool, then have season 2 be the other four Dragonflight dungeons plus four other old ones, and basically have complete turnover from season to season in terms of what the pool looks like, and really freshen up the experience.

Sure he did.
    And what does this line mean to you?

plus a mix of four dungeons picked from older expansions that never had Mythic+ before

And what does this line mean to you?
    Oh yeah, didn't catch that line. Strange that just sentence later only SL was singled out. So for sure it need clarification. Especially since in SL season 4 use dungeons that had M+ before.

They could also, instead picking few dungeons from every expac, do more thematic seasons, S1 - MoP, S2 - WoD etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    13$/€ month for this recolor AGAIN

Was too hard using another color?

- - - Updated - - -

Dragonflight will be out late 2022 so it is plausible
    I love the blue one - it's my favourite recolour and I was mad they didn't use it for season 2 although they originally announced it with that colour. Also if you can't see the difference to the green one from s2 you are prolly colourblind.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Looks like 8 so far.
    I founds the list of dungeons for SL S4:
    Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder (Shadowlands)
    Tazavesh: So’leah’s Gambit (Shadowlands)
    Operation Mechagon: Junkyard (Battle for Azeroth)
    Operation Mechagon: Workshop (Battle for Azeroth)
    Return to Karazhan: Lower (Legion)
    Return to Karazhan: Upper (Legion)
    Grimrail Depot (Warlords of Draenor)
    Iron Docks (Warlords of Draenor)
    SOO..... normal SL mythics wont give score?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Read it again....it CURRENTLY decrease by 11% but instead will decrease by 7% thus another 4% increase across the board INCLUDING healing this time.
    yeah i updated my post a few minutes after i send it

Oh yeah, didn't catch that line. Strange that just sentence later only SL was singled out. So for sure it need clarification. Especially since in SL season 4 use dungeons that had M+ before.

They could also, instead picking few dungeons from every expac, do more thematic seasons, S1 - MoP, S2 - WoD etc.
    You're definitely right, it could use some clarification. The only reason why I don't think they won't use BfA and Legion yet is because BfA TW will likely be added around S2 and that will add 6 TW M+ dungeons to the mix as well when the event is up. I do like your idea about seasons having themes. That would pretty cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    SOO..... normal SL mythics wont give score?
    Yes. They wount becasue they will be out of keys rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    10.0 got on CDN after like 2 weeks from the reveal vs Shadowlands alpha on CDN that got like 2/3 months, they are zooooming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I love the blue one - it's my favourite recolour and I was mad they didn't use it for season 2 although they originally announced it with that colour. Also if you can't see the difference to the green one from s2 you are prolly colourblind.
    this isnt blue

Is just pure speculation, even if some leaks that got almost the trifecta :race class zone, are pointing towards late 2022 and early 2023 plus i made this graph back then
    Well, speculation obviously is not evidence (or fact). Blizzard has not initiated an alpha yet, let alone a private or public beta. And, of course, the subsequent PTR hasn't been released either. It is a very long time from the first event to the last. And, of course, Blizzard is not going to release Dragonflight in December during the holidays. At best, we would see mid-late January (and that's not even likely based on lack of current progress in the aforementioned stages) 2023.

I would suggest looking at 2023's calendar to see what major competitor game will either release, launch, or have a major content patch. That will increase the odds of landing on that date as Blizzard tends to do exactly that. They'll launch Dragonflight ready or not on whatever date is on that type of event for their biggest competitor.

They're not going to launch it when it is ready. They're going to do it on whatever date has the biggest chance to punch their competition in the groin. It's an established pattern at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    Well, speculation obviously is not evidence (or fact). Blizzard has not initiated an alpha yet, let alone a private or public beta. And, of course, the subsequent PTR hasn't been released either. It is a very long time from the first event to the last. And, of course, Blizzard is not going to release Dragonflight in December during the holidays. At best, we would see mid-late January (and that's not even likely based on lack of current progress in the aforementioned stages) 2023.

I would suggest looking at 2023's calendar to see what major competitor game will either release, launch, or have a major content patch. That will increase the odds of landing on that date as Blizzard tends to do exactly that. They'll launch Dragonflight ready or not on whatever date is on that type of event for their biggest competitor.

They're not going to launch it when it is ready. They're going to do it on whatever date has the biggest chance to punch their competition in the groin. It's an established pattern at this point.

Sure it all pure speculation but if we look back at previous expacs : always Q3 or Q4 + 10.0 is already on CDN while 9.0 was on CDN after 2-3 months after the reveal, it means they are running.

9.2.5/S4 is already on PTR mostly and we are mid S3, even if we dont know about any major release in 2022 Fall, we know that FF and Lost Ark keep pumping patches/content each 2/3 months so Blizzard cant really wait 10+ months, plus there is literally nothing to test for Dragonflight.

9.2.5/S4 is already on PTR mostly and we are mid S3, even if we dont know about any major release in 2022 Fall, we know that FF and Lost Ark keep pumping patches/content each 2/3 months so Blizzard cant really wait 10+ months, plus there is literally nothing to test for Dragonflight.
    There's literally nothing to test because it literally hasn't been released to any testing environment available to the public (including closed alpha and closed beta). I'm not entirely sure I understand your position here. You're either contradicting yourself and/or not making yourself clear. Either way, the end result is the same.

Blizzard can afford to wait as long as the competition doesn't release a major content release (e.g. new expansion, new game launch, etc). Minor 2/3 month patches are insignificant to them as demonstrated by literally every expansion launch or major content release (e.g. a x.[1-3] version) after BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    There's literally nothing to test because it literally hasn't been released to any testing environment available to the public (including closed alpha and closed beta). I'm not entirely sure I understand your position here. You're either contradicting yourself and/or not making yourself clear. Either way, the end result is the same.

Blizzard can afford to wait as long as the competition doesn't release a major content release (e.g. new expansion, new game launch, etc). Minor 2/3 month patches are insignificant to them as demonstrated by literally every expansion launch or major content release (e.g. a x.[1-3] version) after BC.

JUST DAY 1 STUFF so no neck powers or 8.3 corruption or 9.2 tiers

Legion : Artifacts Traits + Legendaries + Tier Sets + Talents + Mythic Plus + World Quests + World Bosses

BFA : Azerite Powers + Warfronts + Island + Talents -> M+ WQ WB already tested in Legion

Shadowlands : Covenants (4x12) + Conduits + Soulbind + Talents + Torgast + Legendaries -> M+ WQ WB already tested in Legion and BFA

Dragonflight : New Class + Talents + Professions? + Dragonflying?

Literally nothing to test due to insane RNG LAYER ULTRA BORROWED POWERS

So yes Dragonflight has way less testing required.

So yes Dragonflight has way less testing required.
    Not testing borrowed power systems does not mean, as your previous post stated, no testing. I'm glad you ammended this response to say "way less". But, this too is subjective. We don't know what is on the alpha/beta to test as yet because it hasn't been released to do so (even private invites for MMOC/Wowhead). Speculation is not well served for the obvious reason: lack of information.