Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Watching this stuff I have absolutely no clue what this case is about right now. The way Amber describes how she met Johnny and everything paints him in the nicest way possible. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Her lawyers and the psychologist that evaluated her said Amber’s father abused her, so I think they’re trying to say that an abuser got along well with another abuser.

It’s stupid.
    It’s nothing that malicious really… they’re just building the narrative why she stayed with him even when she got “abused”. Im putting that in quotes because so far all evidence of such is based on HER testimony. Her psychologist refers to it as “love bombing”.

The second part of her testimony was very much about being smacked around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    It’s nothing that malicious really… they’re just building the narrative why she stayed with him even when she got “abused”. Im putting that in quotes because so far all evidence of such is based on HER testimony. Her psychologist refers to it as “love bombing”.

The second part of her testimony was very much about being smacked around.
    I don't quite get the timeframe, she says he started abusing her in 2012, however they got married in 2015.

So she said yes to her abuser?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Something that is far from unheard of, tbf.
    I am just a bit dumbfounded by her story. Some parts make sense, others on the other just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I am just a bit dumbfounded by her story. Some parts make sense, others on the other just don't.
    Abusive relationships often make no sense.

Well it’s pretty telling that the only “witness” to say Amber was abused is some she told. Zero first hand accounts or anyone who saw evidence of her being abused. Add in that the psychologist refused to acknowledge men can be abused by women AND never even spoke to Depp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Abusive relationships often make no sense.
    True, but I mean by how she's telling it. Like, his daughter was crying because it looked like he fell into the water while everyone was jumping from the yacht but they were in a boat next to it and suddenly they were in their bedroom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well it’s pretty telling that the only “witness” to say Amber was abused is some she told. Zero first hand accounts or anyone who saw evidence of her being abused. Add in that the psychologist refused to acknowledge men can be abused by women AND never even spoke to Depp.
    The part where she never talked to Depp really made me scratch my head.

I listened to her testimony yesterday and briefly today, and it’s just very fake and over-dramatic. She keeps looking at the jury and trying to appeal to their emotions, like she’s acting (not surprising). And she has to cause her entire defense lacks evidence, unlike Depp.
    I watched about 20 minutes of and it was kinda odd, Her lawyer asked her about the first time he abused her, she said it changed her life and she would never forget. Then told her story with some very strange details, and the lawyer asked what had happened next, she said "I'm not sure."

I don't really know how the jury is gonna rule, don't really care honestly too much, but the video I watched After the testimony said she fired her PR team so I don't think this is all going well for her. And well, his career is tattered or he wouldn't be suing.

I don't know guys. Yesterday she said she was sitting on the edge of the sofa. Then not even a minute later she said she was sitting on the floor looking at the dirty rug. I know bad acting when I see it.

Been watching her testimony, it's painful to watch.

It's a tall order, but she might be a worse actor than Tommy Wiseau.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Man, if Tommy was a mean guy he should totally take you to court for this slander. But Tommy's a very nice guy and is happy to accept criticism of his Academy Award-worthy acting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I reckon her Golden Raspberry for next year is sewn up.

I listened to her testimony yesterday and briefly today, and it’s just very fake and over-dramatic. She keeps looking at the jury and trying to appeal to their emotions, like she’s acting (not surprising). And she has to cause her entire defense lacks evidence, unlike Depp.
    Please note my post was pre-amber testimony. Also, I do not disagree with your point here.

Now watching the 2nd day… she is clearly just acting…

10+ Year Old Account
    Depp knew exactly what he was doing with this trial. Statistically he probably won't win. He is going to win in the court opinion though, which is what this thing is about anyway, one party claiming the other ruined their public image.

He'll get the stain from his name removed. Head's actin skills will be scrutinized. Probably won't land any drama gigs any time soon. Assuming she is telling the truth, she is still trying to ham up her testimony, it's obvious and awkward.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to deal with and document a lot of bruised in my day. She has the fastest healing bruises I've ever seen. A gahdamn superpower.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Cross examination will be very exciting... shame it'll be so long until then.

Wonder if it'll harm the depp team by forgetting lots of the testimony... or help them due by having more time to think things through.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Cross examination will be very exciting... shame it'll be so long until then.

Wonder if it'll harm the depp team by forgetting lots of the testimony... or help them due by having more time to think things through.
    Forgetting? Best believe they’ll spend the whole of next week pouring over every wretched syllable.

What I’m curious about is how do they think the jurers will be able to abstain from outside influences for a whole week. That seems… naive.

Is something clickbait if its true? I'm trying not to follow the suit but damn do some of these "clickbait" titles get me. Just watched one where she poses with a tissue for photos for a good 5 seconds. Does she not realize the trial is live and being recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Is something clickbait if its true? I'm trying not to follow the suit but damn do some of these "clickbait" titles get me. Just watched one where she poses with a tissue for photos for a good 5 seconds. Does she not realize the trial is live and being recorded?

Seems very clickbait. Like, maybe I'm weird but this is not abnormal behavior if I'm wiping my drippy nose. Hold the tissue there to soak shit up and then wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Seems very clickbait. Like, maybe I'm weird but this is not abnormal behavior if I'm wiping my drippy nose. Hold the tissue there to soak shit up and then wipe.
    TBH I think you gotta be weird.
    When blowing your nose you look towards cameras then hold the tissue for over 5 seconds in one spot while looking down? Why wouldn't you blow it? Also how do you keep the snot from leaking onto your hand when the surface area of the tissue that's in contact with the snot gets oversaturated? Why don't you move the Kleenex around so it absorbs the snot faster? Aside from the first part I'm seriously asking you why you do it that way cause it sounds crazy weird. Also do you wipe your hand with your nose like she did after? I assume its to check if its dry? I've never had a bloody nose have you? maybe people that do that dry their nose like that?

Was there a camera even? It looked like the flash came from the screen but I honestly am not analyzing frame by frame. Not remotely invested enough in #TeamDepp or #TeamHeard to give much of a shit. I'm just enjoying rich people being shitty to each other for our entertainment, just like the Oscars drama.