Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolderos View Post
    I'm sure this will make the game(s) good.
    why would you even think that a job position completly unrelated to game development have anything to do with games?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Yep, can't argue with that. Though, I've never been a fan of the moderation on this site. Don't care if they infract me for saying that. At least I've said my piece.
    I'll be honest I'm surprised it's still around. The forum format died put long ago . This site us dated and old. I don't care if I get banned as I rarely read it much, but the moderation is a joke.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    All I know is we had Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 without diversity hires and culture heads or whatever. Valve had no diversity departament while developing Half-Life and Half-Lief 2. Neither did id Software. These games are classic and are highly regarded everywhere. Really makes you think.

Now enjoy your blue-haired developers and inclusivity crusade, where game itself is on the second plane.
    the assasins creed team has always been about diversity,its even in the intro of the games,and the AC games have always been good,sure some people may disagree with their shift to rpg elements,but i for one love it

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Why was this infracted?
    Next time attack Men or specifically straight white men...and you'll be ok.
    Last edited by OokOok; 2022-05-05 at 10:41 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ...that's a problem of the person intentionally misinterpreting the purpose of these changes, not Blizzard themselves.
    Given that it's far from just Blizzard taking these sorts of actions, I'd contend that they'd be still doing this, even if there were never any lawsuits. Obviously, there's no way of knowing for sure, though.

I'll do you one better: Tell me why anybody normal gives a shit about any of this.

(Hint: They don't.)
    This also describes basically 99% of progressive outrage (See also: the original MoP Ji Firepaw text, most of what ended up being censored in 9.1.5, etc.). There's a relative handful of people that get outraged when things don't swing their way ideologically, regardless of the ideology in question, while most just want good video games, which is something Blizz has been sketchy on as of late.

Of all the things in this world to give a shit about, the color of the elves in a fucking Lord of the Rings TV show is about as meaningless as it can be.
    If it was so meaningless they should of just stuck with the source material. It's not that hard... But no, let's cheer on their agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    100% no, didn't say that. A big impact on it, absolutely. Tell me why movies that are woke fail, but movies like Spiderman set records? Defend it all you wish , but woke culture us killing entertainment. Look at the comedians who refuse to play colleges now, or who don't even tour regularly.
    Indeed. Heck, wokeness has even destroyed franchises that were always considered pretty progressive, like Star Trek. I used to love Star Trek because of how it tried to balance its talking points in a way that made you think. Modern Trek is the very antithesis of that. It is preachy, lacks any kind of subtlety, and is incredibly bleak and depressing. The latest show Picard is such a woke dumpster fire and its awfulness is very much correlated with the woke ideology and why the writing is just not good.

The people behind these products are more concerned with the most skin deep of representation that they completely forget to make a good product.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2022-05-06 at 10:40 AM.

I really don't see how hiring minorities or women takes away from the game. They're just people who have hopefully been hired because they bring skills, insight, and experience to the team.
    A department dedicated to diversity seems asinine, but as long as they produce a quality product ill pay them to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    If it was so meaningless they should of just stuck with the source material. It's not that hard... But no, let's cheer on their agenda.
    I'm sure Tolkien is doing somersaults in his grave because Amazon had the audacity to cast a black person in their TV show about flying dragons and orcs.

I'm sure Tolkien is doing somersaults in his grave because Amazon had the audacity to cast a black person in their TV show about flying dragons and orcs.
    I guess your mind is pretty small if you can't see any issue. I'm sure you would be fine with a black gandalf. Who cares right? It's just a tv based on a fantasy book. There's no meaning to any of these characters and races.
    I'm sure your fine with the horrible writing and retconns in World of Warcraft as well.

I guess your mind is pretty small if you can't see any issue. I'm sure you would be fine with a black gandalf. Who cares right? It's just a tv based on a fantasy book. There's no meaning to any of these characters and races.
    I'm sure your fine with the horrible writing in World of Warcraft as well.
    You're making a lot of assumptions there, friendo.

Frankly I don't give a shit about Danuser's shitty writing because I don't play WoW for the story. And I also don't give a shit about representation in a TV show because I can always read the source material if I want to live in a fragile world where nobody ever uses creative liberties to tell a story.

sugar coated title and a waste of a salary

I do give a shit about treating my fellow human beings like human beings.
    imagine caring about other humans kekw, get woke bruh /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shmazard View Post
    sugar coated title and a waste of a salary
    Yep, she won't last a year but prices will increase to cover her useless salary

You're making a lot of assumptions there, friendo.

Frankly I don't give a shit about Danuser's shitty writing because I don't play WoW for the story. And I also don't give a shit about representation in a TV show because I can always read the source material if I want to live in a fragile world where nobody ever uses creative liberties to tell a story.
    Making an elf in a universe where only elves are white into black is very creative. Wow, the creativity they have is so freeing! I wish I was that creative!
    Lets also instead of having female dwarfs have beards, lets make them not have beards! WOW! WE ARE SO CREATIVE !

I'm sure your fine with the horrible writing and retconns in World of Warcraft as well.
    who cares if they use a black dude to play gandalf? did you also lose your mind with seething rage when nick fury was played by a black dude?

Making an elf in a universe where only elves are white into black is very creative. Wow, the creativity they have is so freeing! I wish I was that creative!
    Lets also instead of having female dwarfs have beards, lets make them not have beards! WOW! WE ARE SO CREATIVE !
    But God forbid you hire a amazing actress like Tilda Swinton to play the ancient one in Dr. Strange , and the woke culture list their collective shit.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    who cares if they use a black dude to play gandalf? did you also lose your mind with seething rage when nick fury was played by a black dude?
    You comparing Gandalf to Nick Fury? Seriously? Did you just get back from disneyland? I bet you think LOTR is a marvel movie

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    WTF is a Culture Dept.?
    Probably like HR, except they're actually about humans as opposed to what HR has become.

I repeat: Who... the actual fuck... cares? You can choose not to watch these shows. It isn't harming you. The source material still exists. The TV show doesn't rewrite or canonize anything that Tolkien didn't intend. (Though, to be fair, I honestly doubt he'd give a shit either.) This whole culture war nonsense seems to be a thin veil for people to bitch about what they're really upset about: The fact that society is broadly moving away from tacit complacency for institutional racism and bullying people for being different.