10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another bad Choice. Lots in a row. Spongebob is the only thing interesting. And the fact that they dropped the amount of games too recently, and there isn't really even a choice anymore.

This is the first time I've looked at humble bundle and I'm a bit confused. Could someone clarify things for me please? I always thought it was like Steam, but you can get ebooks too? I'm looking at

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/m...ess_bookbundle

On the top left, it's set to Entire 26 item bundle. On the right, Pay what you want. It seems too good to be true, all those books for as little as $2? How do I find out about book format? Is it like Steam where all my purchases will stay in my library and have unlimited downloads and installations?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    This is the first time I've looked at humble bundle and I'm a bit confused. Could someone clarify things for me please? I always thought it was like Steam, but you can get ebooks too? I'm looking at

On the top left, it's set to Entire 26 item bundle. On the right, Pay what you want. It seems too good to be true, all those books for as little as $2? How do I find out about book format? Is it like Steam where all my purchases will stay in my library and have unlimited downloads and installations?
    The numbers are based on what you want to pay. If you click on the "Entire 26 Item Bundle" underneath it, it will say "Pay at least $18 for these 26 items".

So the 26 items = $18
    14 Item bundle would be $10
    4 Item Bundle would be $1

Always click the 26 items button first, or itll default to 25€

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The numbers are based on what you want to pay. If you click on the "Entire 26 Item Bundle" underneath it, it will say "Pay at least $18 for these 26 items".

So the 26 items = $18
    14 Item bundle would be $10
    4 Item Bundle would be $1
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Always click the 26 items button first, or itll default to 25€
    Thanks. Is it like Steam where all my purchases will stay in my library and have unlimited downloads and installations?

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, they have games, books, and software. Stuff like security software bundles to CAD to vfxs and photo software. They also will sometimes do comic book bundles if that's something you are into.

If you click the "Bundle Details" on the left, it says the books are in both PDF and ePub format and yep. As long as Humble Bundle doesn't vanish, you will be able to log in and re-download everything again at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah, they have games, books, and software. Stuff like security software bundles to CAD to vfxs and photo software. They also will sometimes do comic book bundles if that's something you are into.

If you click the "Bundle Details" on the left, it says the books are in both PDF and ePub format and yep. As long as Humble Bundle doesn't vanish, you will be able to log in and re-download everything again at any time.
    That's awesome! I take it you can't request specific comic series?

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue. Never looked into it. They are usually just various bundles. Like right now there is a European Sci-fi bundle that is mostly all the Valerian and Laureline and an Image Comics 90's bundle of things like early Spawn, Battle Chasers and Savage Dragon.

No clue. Never looked into it. They are usually just various bundles. Like right now there is a European Sci-fi bundle that is mostly all the Valerian and Laureline and an Image Comics 90's bundle of things like early Spawn, Battle Chasers and Savage Dragon.
    I have wanted the Penny Arcade online comic for ages. I used to read them every week but haven't done so in years.

Thanks. Is it like Steam where all my purchases will stay in my library and have unlimited downloads and installations?
    You get keys.
    Those keys you activate on steam - and yes, then those will stay with you forever. (or as long as steam is alive and not bankrupt etc)

Nope. bundles are semi random and at the whims of staff and whoever sponsors them.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    You get keys.
    Those keys you activate on steam - and yes, then those will stay with you forever. (or as long as steam is alive and not bankrupt etc)

Nope. bundles are semi random and at the whims of staff and whoever sponsors them.
    I see a tab for games but don't see how to browse books and bundles for them. Do I have to search for individual titles? I just want to see what's available. That programming bundle was an awesome find and I had to get it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a tab for games but don't see how to browse books and bundles for them. Do I have to search for individual titles? I just want to see what's available. That programming bundle was an awesome find and I had to get it!
    Ah yeah, Humble added the store part later but they only sell games. Books/comics are only in bundles. The bundles are only available for a limited time too so you just have to keep checking it until they put out one you are interested in.

Ah yeah, Humble added the store part later but they only sell games. Books/comics are only in bundles. The bundles are only available for a limited time too so you just have to keep checking it until they put out one you are interested in.
    I'll guess they never have EA bundles. I have the Sims 4 on steam but want a better deal on the xpaks.

I'll guess they never have EA bundles. I have the Sims 4 on steam but want a better deal on the xpaks.
    Honestly, you'll have to look at Origin Store for that as they do go on sale from time to time. Sims, much like Nintendo games, rarely go on sale and when they do, it isn't for long.

I might advocate the devil here.
    But isn't the EA-Pass a good deal if you want EA-games?
    Doesn't it basically have *everything* for like 4€/month and you can cancel it any time?

Or is it just the base-game in there?

Play your fill - cancel - should probably be cheaper.
    Unless you constantly get back to those games even after a year or so.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-09 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Doesn't it basically have *everything* for like 4€/month and you can cancel it any time?

I was unaware of such a pass but I tend to randomly pick up games and go back to them way down the line. I'm unable to devote substantial time to gameplay all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

Not to mention that the XBOX Game Pass comes with EA Play as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Not to mention that the XBOX Game Pass comes with EA Play as well.
    I believe only ultimate inudes it.

I was unaware of such a pass but I tend to randomly pick up games and go back to them way down the line. I'm unable to devote substantial time to gameplay all at once.
    Pretty sure you can always just "reaquire" the pass whenever you feel like playing through a game in that month.
    In all fairness I can provide, I actually think the EA pass is worth it whenever you want to play a game from EA.
    In fact buying EA games in this day and age (especially the singleplayer games) just isn't worth it anymore.

The pass is a lot cheaper.
    Pretty sure Star Wars Squadron for example was available on day 1 in the 15€ pass.
    It's a game you can clear on a weekend. If you aren't interested in the MP, it won't get cheaper than that for years to come.

I just don't know how it works for The Sims4 and the 100000 "expansions" (lmao) it has.

I mean, even stuff like Total War Warhammer 3 or Rainbow Six is included. Even Stellaris. It's not just EA-Games.
    If you are someone who buys games for SP alone, I think stuff like that is the way to go.
    Usually these kind of games don't last a month and I could've bought Mech Warrior Mercenaries 5 for 9,99€ instead of 40€ when it came out.

I didn't pay it much attention either, but I think it's a good deal for these "one time experience" games.
    And a good deal if you end up buying 2 games a year from the games they advertise anyway. (BF franchise, Mass Effect, EA games, Ubisoft games, Paradox games, Halo, Gears etc. etc.)
    If I remember correctly, they have quite a few JRPGS as well, such as FFXIII, Edge of Eternity, Dragon Quest.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-09 at 06:13 PM.