Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thirty bucks for the Base Edition, forty-five bucks if the Base Edition also includes one month of game time...

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think it's fully reasonable for the sub cost, in the US, to be 20-25 dollars.

People don't realize that over the past 20+ years, the price of games (and the WoW sub) has stayed relatively the same, and has never increased relative to inflation.

How else are companies going to recoup these losses? The gamer crowd is largely too stupid to understand inflation, or any of this really, so instead of just flat increasing the price of the game or subscription, we get pay2win, loot boxes, micro-transactions and other money making schemes that turn games into trash.
    Give me a moment while i cry about the shareholders not getting the anual profit growth to make up for inflation several times over.
    They do those schemes cause it makes more money than raising prices adjusted to inflation.
    Also, keep in mind that selling more copies is also an option.

Also, you are talking about the US cause other regions got increases and this gen we did see a price increase so... what's the excuse?

This is simply extreme capitalism. They don't want just profits,or just inflation adjustment. They want ALL the money and ever more and don't very much care how.
    So, we might as well pick the lower prices and let the whales lose themselves to them.
    If the game sucks, we can choose not to play them. There's many games out there. We don't have to subject ourselves to abuse.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-05-06 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why would anyone say they'd pay the higher amounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    Are they going to use the lowest price as a way to apologize and say "Look we listened to the totally predictable survey result's!".

I find it odd there's no boost. I thought they had become kinda standard with new expansions :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Who's actually going to respond to this and say "yeah, charge me as much as you can, dudezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"? Are there actually people out there who are that stupid?

Besides which, Microsoft is buying them. They don't need the money. Lower the price of the thing.
    I don't think the survey is saying "Would you pay 20, 30 or 40 dollars for the base game?", but "given the base game is 20, the deluxe is 40, and the physical deluxe is 60, which would you buy?" with the dollar prices being different for each page/version of the survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Who's actually going to respond to this and say "yeah, charge me as much as you can, dudezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"? Are there actually people out there who are that stupid?

Besides which, Microsoft is buying them. They don't need the money. Lower the price of the thing.
    Yes there are. I was at a job once, horrendous labor for the pay, and one of the people there was arguing that they shouldn't raise his pay.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yes there are. I was at a job once, horrendous labor for the pay, and one of the people there was arguing that they shouldn't raise his pay.
    That sounds like someone HR hired to say those things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That sounds like someone HR hired to say those things.
    A lot of people have been fed misinformation about tax brackets, and believe they'll take home less money after tax if their base pay goes up. Complete bollocks of course, but that's what they've been fed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    A lot of people have been fed misinformation about tax brackets, and believe they'll take home less money after tax if their base pay goes up. Complete bollocks of course, but that's what they've been fed.
    I didn't even think of that but you're right.

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.
    Telling someone their dps is trash is arguably abusive, but it's not hate speech (unless they were referring to an actual disability, which I don't think I would consider hate speech still)

Funny how they mention this game as being social and friendly, then go on to talk about handling disability when I know that this game will always be a solo game because of my disability.

They expect a social contract to change the behaviour of people to those of us with disability (or other minorities) - they are kidding themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    " Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability
    Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors
    Spamming, advertising, or other disruptive behaviors"
    Did they just ban using Warmode? Because PvP during that literally falls under a lot of this. Also have they really outlawed critism and advice? I mean considering anything of the sort suggests negative connotations around someone's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    " Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability
    Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors
    Spamming, advertising, or other disruptive behaviors"
    Did they just ban using Warmode? Because PvP during that literally falls under a lot of this. Also have they really outlawed critism and advice? I mean considering anything of the sort suggests negative connotations around someone's ability.

Disruptive behavior is kept intentionally vague so that they can moderate on a case by case basis.

It would be impossible to make a rule that specified every single type of disruptive behavior possible.

No, advice is not banned.

WoW is just catching up to other games where moderation actually exists.

Edit: Most, if not all of this, is already against the ToS and has been for awhile. They're just putting in players faces now.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-06 at 04:10 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I’m curious about transmog. I want a cosmic staff to my celestial robe. Come on! Titanic and dragon armor is also accepted highly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    The fact that you actually get to agree to the social contract first at least makes it better than a number of social contracts.

"Git gud"

PLAYER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST

(Yes, I know they mean disability)
    No, they literally don't.
    "Git gud", depending on your amount of warnings/mutes/suspensions, will get you banned.

"Accept / Exit Game"

/Exit Game.

Life, is no Game, and they cannot "Ban" me. But I can Ban them from my Life.
    Last edited by Violent; 2022-05-06 at 04:29 AM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    No, they literally don't.
    "Git gud", depending on your amount of warnings/mutes/suspensions, will get you banned.
    I mean, yes, "Git Gud" spam theoretically falls under the "Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors", category, but I was specifically citing the "Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability", segment, which is heavily implied to be based on immutable characteristics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I mean, yes, "Git Gud" spam theoretically falls under the "Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors", category, but I was specifically citing the "Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability", segment, which is heavily implied to be based on immutable characteristics.
    Yes, yes. Thank you TOS. As if I didn't read it once, I have to "not" read it again. Thanks!

Problem with that is, by those terms, you can pretty much make any combination of letters, "offensive", in some way, especially if rules/interpretations are so broad and general.

Blizzard is not fighting "hate speech", but speech some of their players hate. Big difference,
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Firstly they cant expect people to choose a price without seeing what they would get, and secondly is a survey really needed surely they can assume everyone will want to pay less if they can...

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.
    How do you know said person isn't richer than you or has more skills than you besides WoW? You meet someone in a M+, they tell you to do X better and you instantly assume your are more educated and make more money than them? Seems pretty egocentric to me.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesized View Post
    Confirmation that there won't be an art book included with the top edition? Base edition for me then.
    The art book generally comes with the Collector's Edition, which would not be on presale since it is a physical box, and not just the digital download. The digital versions have NEVER had a physical item as part of its benefits.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Good. People will stop acting like children and assholes in game. Thank you Blizzard.

this is so cool. solely ATVI Blizzgreed is that fucked up, releasing a price scheme with editional stuff, before even having editional stuff. or even images of it. so cool.