Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    ML is my preference because it leads to less wasted loot
    currently they have so many restrictions when it comes to loot simply because little jimmy might have a bad time if he gets asked to trade loot

ML just makes everything so much simpler
    kill boss
    4 items
    people roll
    people get items
    You get mail item and a bow

You don't have hunters or shamans in raid.

Atleast they are bringing something back from the classic wow version; loot drama

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your comment is a textbook example of ignoring facts.

Fact. Trials are entitled to the same opportunity for gear as anyone else

Fact. Trials contribute to the kill as well.

Fact. Without trials a guild could be killing zero bosses.

This bullshit entitlement that officers have is why people are always leaving their guild. Not pErSoNaL lOoT.
    Fact: Trials are actually NOT entitled to the same opportunity for gear as anyone else. They have not contributed at all in the smooth organisation/flow of the raids. They come in an already created and set environment so that a successful raid may happen. That is what people tend to forget - the guild would raid without you. The guild doesn't need trials - trials need a raiding environment.

Fact: Trials most certainly do NOT contribute to the kill as much as everyone else. You will never ask a trial to do important boss mechanics - those are always handled by the core team that never misses a raid and has been raiding together for a period of time.

Fact: Without trials guilds can most CERTAINLY kill bosses. You just pug a few people here and there. Until trials prove their worth, by not failing on mechanics, listening to instructions and proving they are decent people to spend X amount of hours gaming with per week, they are literally glorified pugs. Remember, THEY are the ones that want a stable raiding environment. THEY are the ones that are fed up with PUGging, but too busy/chicken/socially inept to create their own guilds. Guilds already HAVE that. Because they worked for it.

There is no way in hell Johny Trial is getting a BIS weapon/trinket on his first every run to a raid, when core members who have never missed a raid, stomached the wipes, learnt the fights well are still waiting for theirs. That is not how meritocracy works. Besides that, as stated above, Trials are usually SHOWERED with gear in the beginning, cause noone really wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You get mail item and a bow

You don't have hunters or shamans in raid.
    They can get DE'd compared to getting a healing weapon or neck you can't trade because of an ilvl restriction and you can't be certain that everyone is an enchanter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wrong. Everybody who wants loot and the lootmaster because assigning loot has limited range. And you apparently forgot about getting a bow in a raid with no hunter.
    It happened less often than wasted loot via personal loot

- - - Updated - - -

Also if it takes that long to assign loot there's an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    yes, it should follow the same rules as guild raid kill achieves, 80%+ of the grp must be of the same guild
    First reply got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfshaked View Post
    I dont really understand why. Let players have the freedom to join what group they want. If you dont want to play in a pug that uses masterloot, dont. Nobody is forcing you. Why must you force the freedom away from other players?
    do you really want 95% of the lfd browser being filled with X dungeon +15 need Y Z reserved" again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catseye543 View Post
    If you don't like master loot, then just ... don't run with it? If it comes back, it's going to be an option. And if someone changes the loot rules, either have it be a vote, or a pop-up notification so that people can know when to bail.

For all the talk about master loot 'abuse' I never once had any issues.
    an option that i can guestimate that 95% of pug raid leaders will use and thus the return of ninja looting......oh joy

Probably said already, but the only two ways it should be allowed:

1. 100% guild runs.
    2. If there are pugs in the group, every pug has to click "I accept" on a warning message that takes up at least 50% of their screen size. Any puggers that fail to do so will be automatically removed from the group.

Also - to help 'protect' trials in guild runs, they too will have to click the huge "I ACCEPT" button if they have been in the guild for less than 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    ML is my preference because it leads to less wasted loot
    currently they have so many restrictions when it comes to loot simply because little jimmy might have a bad time if he gets asked to trade loot

ML just makes everything so much simpler
    kill boss
    4 items
    people roll
    people get items
    or what normally happens with ml

kill boss
    4 items drop
    leader loots sed items
    leader leaves grp and grp disbands

yeh id rather have pl wiht all its flaws tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    the best gear in the game without having to fuck up instances ran by the hardcore players.

yeah no....wotlk was trash enough with insane good badge gear,now you want the BEST gear?yeah no,listen...i get it if you dont have the skill or time to raid mythic,but guess what?if you dont raid mythic or do high end arenas....you wont need that ilvl,stick to lfr ilvl or go play minecraft

I don't even get why they removed it, just let groups choose their preferred loot system ffs
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by JABoyle3875 View Post
    Probably said already, but the only two ways it should be allowed:

1. 100% guild runs.
    2. If there are pugs in the group, every pug has to click "I accept" on a warning message that takes up at least 50% of their screen size. Any puggers that fail to do so will be automatically removed from the group.

Also - to help 'protect' trials in guild runs, they too will have to click the huge "I ACCEPT" button if they have been in the guild for less than 30 days.
    id like to attach a cavate to that the guild is not allowed to throw away loot because they dont want to gear a trial wiht loot guildies didnt want, had that happen to me once don't want it again, i left later that day

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

kill boss
    4 items drop
    leader loots sed items

keep pl for pugs,but give ml as an option to guilds,if you dont trust your gm just find a guild you do,we get more loot with pl but it still hurts the guild overall if optimization is the goal

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    keep pl for pugs,but give ml as an option to guilds,if you dont trust your gm just find a guild you do,we get more loot with pl but it still hurts the guild overall if optimization is the goal
    i do trust my current gm sadly i haven't been able to for them all, the less hassle they need to deal wiht the better, my guild dont generally see loot getting rolled out as it is so our rl has a addon that announces what's up for grabs, imagine adding ml on to that most gms don't want the hassle

i do trust my current gm sadly i haven't been able to for them all, the less hassle they need to deal wiht the better, my guild dont generally see loot getting rolled out as it is so our rl has a addon that announces what's up for grabs, imagine adding ml on to that most gms don't want the hassle
    right,but i dont mean add forced ml,you could still use pl in that case if you/they prefer it

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    right,but i dont mean add forced ml,you could still use pl in that case if you/they prefer it
    if i was a raid leader id personally prefer to have my guild complain about rng rather then have 5 ppl dm me why they should get x item over y person that ive given it to but fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    In what way you thought i am not a supporter of ML ? i support it
    Then did you just want to attack some random person's skill or something? My post was in support of ML.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

kill boss
    4 items drop
    leader loots sed items

thats why legion had it perfect
    require a guild group for master loot and everyone else gets PL

- - - Updated - - -

i dont understand why they removed it entirely after Legion when the "Trials deserve loot too" thing doesnt hold up
    no guild would rather DE loot than give it to a trial outside of the majorly crap ones that dont last long and end up on drama time to be mocked because of the retarded decision to do that

was it abused? yes just like literally every system in the game but at least in Legion the players had the choice to opt out of the risk. I liked killing the boss and seeing the loot that drop and being happy because i knew that tier token was the DKs 4 set. The system would require bonus rolls again but i think removing them was just their way of slowing players down more. Give me the moments of "oh a piece of mail dropped nobody can use it i guess DE" especially since you never see a raid without a hunter or shaman and with dracthyr you know they will exist.

if i was a raid leader id personally prefer to have my guild complain about rng rather then have 5 ppl dm me why they should get x item over y person that ive given it to but fair enough
    Yep, imagine this shit actually happens with PL as well because at some point there will be a lot loot to trade, and people still ask why guy X got something and not me.
    It was such a bliss not having to deal with drama anymore. And no, not going ML when its available is simply not an option.

Well I certainly won't sympathize with loot councils if they bring this shit again.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, imagine this shit actually happens with PL as well because at some point there will be a lot loot to trade, and people still ask why guy X got something and not me.
    It was such a bliss not having to deal with drama anymore. And no, not going ML when its available is simply not an option.

Well I certainly won't sympathize with loot councils if they bring this shit again.
    "not using ML when it is available isn't an option"
    we heard the same thing about covenant swapping when people argued in defense of the restriction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    To avoid any problems in pugs.
    Should be available in pugs too.

Just let it prompt a choice (like ready check) when you switch to ML. If anyone says no, you cannot switch.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/