Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So packaged base edition is definitely dead?

Feelsbadman.

Its weird to me how Blizzard only seems to want to punish one side of the story. What about the thing that makes people angry in the first place?

People afking in m+? People in general showing shitty ingame behavior. Why is that not mentioned at all.

If Blizzard wants m+´keys to deplete if you dont time them, they should make a system able to punish afkers and leavers.

Sure i'll sign this social contract. Its not like the game is particulary social in the first place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think it's fully reasonable for the sub cost, in the US, to be 20-25 dollars.

People don't realize that over the past 20+ years, the price of games (and the WoW sub) has stayed relatively the same, and has never increased relative to inflation.

How else are companies going to recoup these losses? The gamer crowd is largely too stupid to understand inflation, or any of this really, so instead of just flat increasing the price of the game or subscription, we get pay2win, loot boxes, micro-transactions and other money making schemes that turn games into trash.
    You think the original sub was priced based on the mass popularity the game would garner? Or reduced costs due to tech and maintenance improvements over the years? Or lower production costs nowadays when the game and expansions are primarily sold as digital copies instead of physical discs and boxes? Or you think that the company would forego more profitable revenue streams like micro-transactions by just raising the barrier for entry?

To be honest, it seems more like you are the one that doesn't quite understand how these things work if you think the sub cost should rise due to inflation. What losses do you think the company needs to recoup when they're making billions in profits?

None of the above. Each edition should include 30 days of game time.

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.
    So you're saying only somebody who also finished their Masters, live in a decent house that's paid off, and makes 6 figures can laugh at you if they're still better than you are?
    Comparisons like this are just as toxic. "I'm making good money, you just know this game." How the fuck do you know what they do or don't do?
    Toxicity should be avoided on both sides of the coin, rather than literally making stupid, uneducated claims that start even more toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    So packaged base edition is definitely dead?

Feelsbadman.
    Who buys PC game boxes in 2022?

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2 addons the deluxe edition will cost 200€ ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagolski View Post
    So you're saying only somebody who also finished their Masters, live in a decent house that's paid off, and makes 6 figures can laugh at you if they're still better than you are?
    Comparisons like this are just as toxic. "I'm making good money, you just know this game." How the fuck do you know what they do or don't do?
    Toxicity should be avoided on both sides of the coin, rather than literally making stupid, uneducated claims that start even more toxicity.
    I've seen this alot lately. People use the education or how much money they earn, as some sort of power-move in discussion with others, like it really matters in alot of topics that are talked about.

I agree with you that this is a toxic approach to discussions & debates. Wether or not someone has a masters degree got nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Um....yes. It's toxic.

If someone berates my lack of skill or knowledge of the game, I will wear that like a badge of honor. While they were wasting their life learning a useless skill like being good in a video game, I went to school, got my Masters, live in a house that is worth (currently) 600k, and is paid off, and make 6 figures.

Yeah. I suck, but at least I didn't waste years of my life learning a useless skill like trying to understand if Arcane is better than Fire.
    One could argue you are wasting your life. whos to say your way of spending life is any better than others?

In fact, you are the toxic person in this.

isn't the survey more like... each person gets one price shown (not different pricing options). And then they have to decide what edition they would buy. The next person sees different prices and chooses an edition based on that different price.

The survey is intended to show at what price point people will still buy the higher editions compared to the base edition. If you charge too much for the higher editions you might get less revenue overall even if all the people still buy at least the base edition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why would anyone say they'd pay the higher amounts?
    This is mmo champion. It's filled with people who have no issue stating that they're willing to endorse a system where you spend your money for additional services and goods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Because whales literally don't care. Some of them would select $499.99 if they could.
    Ahhh yes, the now very typical "fight toxicity with..... toxicity!!" of mmo champion.

Remember folks it's ok to be a dick, so long as you stand with the right principles..

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why would anyone say they'd pay the higher amounts?
    trolling. just click the highest amount for shits and giggles.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagolski View Post

I never went to college, only high school degree. Make $120k a year cause I'm not lazy nor brainwashed.

Yet people get in trouble over "identity" yet those very same people that cry about being bullied about identity can scream fascist or racist and get away with it. That's not equality.

There are a lot of places in WoW that aren't Azeroth so that wording isn't great

That survey is just a way to see how much they can squeeze out of players until they get to a tipping point of not purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    You're thinking of collectors edition, which will be $100+
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The art book generally comes with the Collector's Edition, which would not be on presale since it is a physical box, and not just the digital download.
    Ah yes you're both right, thanks. Maybe they'll confirm a collector's edition boxed version with the art book later then.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    There are a lot of places in WoW that aren't Azeroth so that wording isn't great[...]
    i like this take. let's go harass anyone on argus, draenor and in the shadowlands and then object to the ban on terms of the contract specifically saying azeroth

Wonder if someone makes an addon that blocks this popup from showing up, and since they never technically agreed to it, they can now be racist. Thats how it works for sure.

"Terms of se-"

ACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPTACCEPT ACCEPTACCEPT

Enter World.

Didn't read a word.

They raised the price for WoD and it delivered a lot less content, wouldn't be surprised to see this happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Who buys PC game boxes in 2022?
    Well… me? I have all the base game boxes since Vanilla, I like boxes.