Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which custom gaming PC website would you recommend? (IE: Origin/Cyberpower/ECT ECT)

I have order from in the past Ironside Computers and Cyberpower. While I have had no major issues with their computers aside from the shitty quality fans they both use that eventually start causing vibrating noises. I'm wondering if there is some other place that is better where they take pride in their builds with high quality parts.

None of them. They are all over priced like crazy and scam as much as they can, they have to, only way they make money.

Seriously just order the parts and build your own. Its really easy, in fact its so easy a caveman can do it. If you need help deciding what parts to get use something like PCpartpicker. You get more bang for your buck and just a better PC in general.

Heard a lot of Maingear not being shit, unlike every other prebuilt. But I have no detailed info on it as I simply don't care about someone else building my computer.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    None of them. They are all over priced like crazy and scam as much as they can, they have to, only way they make money.

Seriously just order the parts and build your own. Its really easy, in fact its so easy a caveman can do it. If you need help deciding what parts to get use something like PCpartpicker. You get more bang for your buck and just a better PC in general.
    OP didn't ask for your opinions on that..... perhaps OP wants a warranty or 24/7 support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    OP didn't ask for your opinions on that..... perhaps OP wants a warranty or 24/7 support
    then they can buy an NZXT BLD kit and build their own pc with parts that all work well together and all have a guaranteed warranty by NZXT, bets of both worlds, as to the OP: none, zilch, niet, if you absolutely HAVE TO then i would suggest looking at a local PC supplier instead, otherwise if at all possible ignore OEM prebuilt bullshit, for more in depth visit GamersNexus on youtube and look at the sheer disaster that is their prebuilt reviews for a myriad of gaming PC's from almost every major OEM company in the US (i'm not from there so can't really comment if they have changed at all but i doubt it), and honestly you're better off just buying your own parts and building it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    everything comes with a manufacture warranty. My motherboard is 2 years, my power supply is 10 years, my video card is 3 years, etc etc and i bought everything separate.

Not to mention if you order all of it on amazon, they will let you return anything within 30 days, no questions asked. Shit even longer then 30 days if you complain.

NZXT’s BLD service is also good. They charge MSRP for all the parts used, which tend to be standard components (so upgrading later is easier), and a flat 100$ build/shipping fee. Excellent warranty as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not the same thing as the tech support provided by a quality SI. Hell, the one I recommended will help with stupid software stuff like streaming. Decent companies like these provide more than just parts warranties.
    unless i'm living in an alternate universe, no such thing exists currently, they are shades of shit, and some even break the law knowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    unless i'm living in an alternate universe, no such thing exists currently, they are shades of shit, and some even break the law knowingly.
    then you're living in your own world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    then you're living in your own world.
    then please tell me the name of a decent quality system integrator, because i can't seem to think of any, and i know of at least 16 by name.

10+ Year Old Account
    then please tell me the name of a decent quality system integrator, because i can't seem to think of any, and i know of at least 16 by name.
    Maingear has fantastic support and aren't overly expensive
    Origin has top-tier support as well, but are pretty expensive

LTT has secret shopper videos where they test out some of the more popular ones

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Gamers' Nexus has an entire series devoted to SI builds. Some of them are pretty good:

Although yes, some of them *cough* Alienware *cough* are depressingly bad.

Regardless, it's just flat wrong to imply all SIs are inherently evil and honestly reeks of the kind elitism that makes people cringe when they think about the computer building fandom.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-05-08 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Gamers' Nexus has an entire series devoted to SI builds. Some of them are pretty good:

[video=youtube;-VVC1NOgqeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VVC1NOgqeg[video]

Regardless, it's just flat wrong to imply all SIs are inherently evil and honestly reeks of the kind elitism that makes people cringe when they think about the computer building fandom.
    Haven't been keeping up with GN's coverage, don't know how far it got, but I did see that 5k build, and it's depresso

Maingear has fantastic support and aren't overly expensive
    Origin has top-tier support as well, but are pretty expensive

I checked out Maingear and they're more expensive than Origin with as similar builds as I can get them to be. Mainly because they only give you one choice of a DDR5 motherboard, which is after a quick google search is something like 500$ alone.
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2022-05-08 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I checked out Maingear and they're more expensive than Origin with as similar builds as I can get them to be. Mainly because they only give you one choice of a DDR5 motherboard, which is after a quick google search is something like 500$ alone.
    if you're looking at a DDR5 platform, unless you really need a machine now, you should wait until at least october when AMD releases their Ryzen 7000 series chips along with the new AM5 socket boards, will be a lot more options then instead of the singular Intel offerings, which are so over priced right now it's not even funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

i didn't call any of them evil, i called them shit, as in they consistently use old stock that couldn't be sold which is often cheap and inferior, they often cock up when assembling tower units leaving either one or more components in bad shape and as evidenced in one of the GN vids, they sheered the PCIE socket completely because of negligence when it came to packaging, and yeah, don't even get started on DELL/Alienware, they are on a totally unique level of scummy douchebaggery, not to mention the abhorrent state of their systems in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't been keeping up with GN's coverage, don't know how far it got, but I did see that 5k build, and it's depresso
    some of the older vids from earlier this year/late last year were hilarious, some of the general incompetence on show is astounding, and while some of those featured may have changed a couple of policies as a result of being found out through these reviews, some have not, and frankly i'm just glad i'm savvy enough to build my own machines because i wouldn't feel comfortable leaving to some of these companies to do it for me based on what has been shown so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    PowerGPU. Good people, good PCs. Also had great luck with my Doghouse Systems build. 8 years old and still kickin'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I just quickly checked and:
    Maingear: Vybe, MSI pro z690-a wifi DDR4, 32gb 3600, 512gb ssd: 2283 USD
    Maingear 2: Same as above but with DDR5 5200: 2392 USD
    Origin: Neuron, MSI pro z690-a wifi DDR4, 32gb 3200, 250gb ssd, 2192 USD
    Origin 2: Same as above but with DDR5 5200: 2372 USD

All with 3060ti, 12600k, 750w PSU, and stock everything else

Generally Origin is more expensive from the reviews I've seen, but it seems that they're basically the same price now

if you're looking at a DDR5 platform, unless you really need a machine now, you should wait until at least october when AMD releases their Ryzen 7000 series chips along with the new AM5 socket boards, will be a lot more options then instead of the singular Intel offerings, which are so over priced right now it's not even funny.
    I'm not desperate for a machine right now, although I do think my current system is becoming outdated (i5-8600K, 1070ti). So I'd like to upgrade in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I just quickly checked and:
    Maingear: Vybe, MSI pro z690-a wifi DDR4, 32gb 3600, 512gb ssd: 2283 USD
    Maingear 2: Same as above but with DDR5 5200: 2392 USD
    Origin: Neuron, MSI pro z690-a wifi DDR4, 32gb 3200, 250gb ssd, 2192 USD
    Origin 2: Same as above but with DDR5 5200: 2372 USD

All with 3060ti, 12600k, 750w PSU, and stock everything else

Generally Origin is more expensive from the reviews I've seen, but it seems that they're basically the same price now
    unless they got some stock in recently, nobody had any DDR4 z690 boards in stock, so they might allow you to do an online build with them but they won't have any stock to build it if you're doing it now.

I'm not desperate for a machine right now, although I do think my current system is becoming outdated (i5-8600K, 1070ti). So I'd like to upgrade in the near future.
    I think if you do a pcpartpicker list and the SI is within 110%-115% of that cost, that's a deal. If it's within 120-150%, it's a bit of gouging. But then again availability may be sketchy on regular retailers.

I used a built similar to Temp name: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/49DHGL and that comes to roughly $1550. Where maingear and Origin were charging about $2200.

If you're willing to be patient and build it yourself, you can save quite a bit.