The more I think about the dinars, the more I think that 3 is too many.

Because realistically, you will get two trinkets with that + either a weapon or something like that Anduin Rings.

It's gonna be fine for that season, but I hope they tone it down a bit for the actual expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    By the way it was presented, you get the mount by completing all three fated raids. It doesn't specify normal so LFR should work too. Wonder if the Dinars will also be acquirable through LFR, that would give an incentive to casuals to run LFR (and would even allow people who progress in these raids a way to get boss kills they are missing because their guild hasn't gotten through them just yet.
    There is no fated LFR. Also this is incentive for casuals to do normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    There is Fated LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That, combined with the "most sought after" reward being able to be earned in LFR gave me a feeling it wasn't gonna be a long one.

Once again, it matches up with what Scaleface said, and to me, might actually give some credence to the expansion coming out in November.
    That checks out. I won't exactly say Dragonflight is a "smaller" expansion but without Torghast or balancing Covenant Abilities, there's a lot less testing to do.

Holy shit, fated LFR?

I know LFR is kind of hated, but as someone who has always pugged norm/heroic raids to varying levels of success, I'm glad to have this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The more I think about the dinars, the more I think that 3 is too many.

Because realistically, you will get two trinkets with that + either a weapon or something like that Anduin Rings.

It's gonna be fine for that season, but I hope they tone it down a bit for the actual expansion.
    I think 3 is just enough actually. Trinkets and weapons are the most important thing afterall. Double weapon + BiS trinnet, or BiS weapon + double BiS trinkets seems like a fair deal considering it's the last part of the expansion.

They probably could give even more of them, but I imagine that if the system is a success then they might carry it over in some form for future content, and they don't want to have to scale it way back at that point.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    This confirms that season 4 won't last as long as a normal season does this increase the chances of dragonflight releasing in 2022?
    It still don't make it likely, but it does increase chances for 2022 release a lot. Launch before end of Q1 2023 looks almost certain now. What worries me is that suits may push Christmas release. If they release expac too early before starting work on 10.1 we will repeat Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That checks out. I won't exactly say Dragonflight is a "smaller" expansion but without Torghast or balancing Covenant Abilities, there's a lot less testing to do.
    The fact that they said they would release the Talent Calculator before Alpha shows me that they've atleast done some kind of extensive internal testing for the talents beforehand as well.

They must have done a lot of rethinking of how they do PTRs and Alphas recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    People who don't want to PuG content ain't gonna do PuG content at this point. People can keep talking about incentives but we are decades in the game and that never changed. If anything, given S4 gives no content for players who do world content except for maybe those cypher weapons (which my alts will probably get the first day I log them in 9.2.5) having LFR fated and actually letting it be somewhat useful for progression for once is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Much appreciated, just found it browsing the main page. But isn't that just music from ... Eversong forest? It sounds very familiar. To link it with Darkfallen is a bit too much hopium for my taste. There also is this bloodelf questline in 9.2.5 and this would fit perfectly.
    No, I still don't see new AR happening, sry.
    Its used in a few different places but the official track name from TBC is The Sin'dorei.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    This confirms that season 4 won't last as long as a normal season does this increase the chances of dragonflight releasing in 2022?
    Previously I would of said no way, but with them pushing TBC out faster I now think a September Wrath Classic release is fairly possible at this point. So that leaves their Q4 without any significant launches.

If DF really launches this year I am f...ed. I already planned all my vacation days.

It is also pretty strange that Season 4 is tested so early during Season 3. Probably they want prepare all SL related things before they start Alpha, but if they really want launch in December 2022, it would be technically possible to make shorter Season 3 and 4.

Deadline for Mythic raid release is 14th December (I don't think Ion hates raiders THAT much to steal their Christmas), so if we add 1 week for class changes + 2 weeks of pre-patch event + 2 week launch + 1 week normal/heroic, then 1st November is deadline for pre-patch. Season 3 started 1st March, so we have 8 months. It would have to be something like 5/3 split.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see what happens, I still feel unsure about 2022 release.

It still don't make it likely, but it does increase chances for 2022 release a lot. Launch before end of Q1 2023 looks almost certain now. What worries me is that suits may push Christmas release. If they release expac too early before starting work on 10.1 we will repeat Shadowlands.
    Unlikely, Blizz seems to have adapted to the current "world situation" so it shouldn't be so...well weird. Not saying it will come out in 2022, it could or it may not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It is also pretty strange that Season 4 is tested so early during Season 3. Probably they want prepare all SL related things before they start Alpha, but if they really want launch in December 2022, it would be technically possible to make shorter Season 3 and 4.

Deadline for Mythic raid release is 14th December (I don't think Ion hates raiders THAT much to steal their Christmas), so if we add 1 week for class changes + 2 weeks of pre-patch event + 2 week launch + 1 week normal/heroic, then 1st November is deadline for pre-patch. Season 3 started 1st March, so we have 8 months. It would have to be something like 5/3 split.
    Or the expansion can release but raids can open a decent amount later. It has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or the expansion can release but raids can open a decent amount later. It has happened before.
    Not really, in WoD/Legion/BfA we had 3 weeks, in SL 2 weeks. They won't leave WoW for Christmas break with just M0 and dragon to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Not really, in WoD/Legion/BfA we had 3 weeks, in SL 2 weeks. They won't leave WoW for Christmas break with just M0 and dragon to ride.
    MoP had 4 weeks. Release in mid December, open raid in mid January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    The music track also has a similar structure to the other allied race intro music. Not just the length, but when the track crescendos and the way it fades out soon after.

Of course, it's not certain by any means. Could be absolutely nothing. But I think the logic of "they'd have announced it already" is faulty.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll bite - why people think it's dark ranger/darkfallen instead of something like covenant allied races, sethrak, Tuskarr, etc.

- the build has an encryptied Tirisfal quest + new area entries in that zone (as opposed to say, a new encrypted Northrend, Voldun, etc area)
    - a dark ranger questline added in 8.1, but not implemented, was updated for 9.2.5 for both factions (again, as opposed to any quest dealing with other potential races)
    - the new music the same length as allied race intros, which I've seen people say plays in the Sylvanas audiobook
    - I've seen people say Calia - who is in the encrypted Tirisfal quest - was leading or helping the dark fallen night elves in bfa

A lot of it is speculation, but there's far more pointing towards Dark Ranger customizations/darkfallen race than the other options.
    So what is the Alliance race we will be getting then? Undead High Elves are gonna be Horde only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So what is the Alliance race we will be getting then? Undead High Elves are gonna be Horde only.
    Eh I guess Undead Night Elves? DOUBLE ELVES!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Okay, but why assume Scaleface was the only person with insider information? Doesn't it seem not just plausible but probable that someone else with insider information posted to 4chan? Especially when 4chan posts are considerably harder to trace back to blizzard than mmo-champion.
    Because it ""just so happened"" to be posted right after the whole Dracthyr thing here, offers no new information that has been confirmed yet, and couldn't even get Evoker correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dunno why you ask as if I'm bound by honor to have the answer.

The most common answer I see is yeah, undead night elves. Which very few people on the alliance seem to want, so it would be a shame if that's what ends up happening.