Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR placing you on bosses you have killed

So, a friend of mine recently returned to the game and tried LFR. I was under the impression that if you queue and get a wing in progress, and complete it so that you're saved to the last boss of that wing, next requeue should guarantee a fresh raid. All posts I'm finding about it are years old and confirm my old presumption.

However, he seems to be constantly put into the LFR wing where Anduin is defeated and the raid is on Lords of Dread or Rygelon several times in a row even though he's already locked to those bosses. He's sick of wasting time rekilling bosses for no loot or eating 30 min deserter for nothing (he tried both approaches). It mostly happens with this wing, esp. since all 3 bosses drop tier pieces so it sucks much more to lose 1st boss of the wing in comparison to the other wings.

Did Blizzard remove the guarantee "fresh wing if you requeue"? I can't find any info about it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So, a friend of mine recently returned to the game and tried LFR. I was under the impression that if you queue and get a wing in progress, and complete it so that you're saved to the last boss of that wing, next requeue should guarantee a fresh raid. All posts I'm finding about it are years old and confirm my old presumption.

However, he seems to be constantly put into the LFR wing where Anduin is defeated and the raid is on Lords of Dread or Rygelon several times in a row even though he's already locked to those bosses. He's sick of wasting time rekilling bosses for no loot or eating 30 min deserter for nothing (he tried both approaches). It mostly happens with this wing, esp. since all 3 bosses drop tier pieces so it sucks much more to lose 1st boss of the wing in comparison to the other wings.

Did Blizzard remove the guarantee "fresh wing if you requeue"? I can't find any info about it.
    I've had this happen a few times to me this week. Have submitted feedback and made a post about it on the official forums. it is fucking ridiculous; I queue for the all tier wing of Sepulcher and I get in on Rygelon. no biggie, kill the boss and re-queue. then it pops again and once again I am at Rygelon. so I leave and get a 30 min deserter. really fucking pissed me off. at the very least Blizz should make it so that if you join a LFR with a boss dead then you can leave without getting deserter.

same here. absolutely obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, I am pretty sure they removed it this expansion because I've had it happen the few times I've done LFR this time around.

It definitely used to be gauranteed but clearly is not anymore. I had one alt who needed the first boss of a LFR wing still after starting a run with it down, and was dropped again at the second boss through two requeues. I gave up. It's frustrating enough but if you're on a DPS character that has a very long queue it can eat up basically all your play time just sitting around waiting for a queue to pop only to find it's for bosses you're loot-locked for, and then getting a deserter debuff to boot if you don't stick around to kill them again.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It seems to be mostly an issue with the third wing; though, to be fair, it also is the only wing in LFR history to have three bosses which all drop Tier so maybe it's an unintended side effect.

Best advice I can give is don't wait until Monday to queue. Try to get your LFR run as close to right after the reset (preferably before raids typically begin so you'll end up with a mostly cogent group of players) as you can.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-04-28 at 10:36 PM.

From what I remember, back in the day they said it prioritized giving you a fresh run, but if it took too long then it would put you in whatever was available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It seems to be mostly an issue with the third wing; though, to be fair, it also is the only wing in LFR history to have three bosses which all drop Tier so maybe it's an unintended side effect.
    It is definitely not exclusive to the third wing. It happened for me multiple times on the first wing just a few weeks ago.

Best advice I can give is don't wait until Monday to queue. Try to get your LFR run as close to right after the reset (preferably before raids typically begin so you'll end up with a mostly cogent group of players) as you can.
    I mean, this isn't wrong information but it also isn't remotely helpful advice in this context. The issue is about joining a group in progress and being repeatedly put in front of bosses you're loot-locked to while denying you access to the bosses you aren't. How good or bad the group is isn't relevant.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Thanks guys for confirmation I'm not being crazy and it used to be a thing but isn't anymore... :/ But yeah, third wing is the most egregious because so many people want Anduin for loot / tier, and also because lots of groups seem to wipe on Lords of Dread so people leave, opening slots for requeuers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the biggest crap I have seen in my life for this game.

First wing 3 I did, I got into one with Anduin dead and the 2 other left, fine, I killed them and requeued. Then began a nightmare that lasted the entire night, and I refused to give up. After EIGHT additional pops, EVERY SINGLE ONE had Anduin dead (yes different groups each time). Then I had to sleep for work, so had to give up. I wasted 6 hours with queue+30min cd for leaving, and got nothing out of it.

This system is BROKEN, I cannot believe they messed up and allows this.

Wouldnt it be marvelous if there was box where you could mark "join group in progress" or queue for the spesific boss of lfr

I encountered the same thing, but i'm not aware of there ever having been a "fresh lockout" guarantee of any sort; i thought it has always been like this.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This is the biggest crap I have seen in my life for this game.

First wing 3 I did, I got into one with Anduin dead and the 2 other left, fine, I killed them and requeued. Then began a nightmare that lasted the entire night, and I refused to give up. After EIGHT additional pops, EVERY SINGLE ONE had Anduin dead (yes different groups each time). Then I had to sleep for work, so had to give up. I wasted 6 hours with queue+30min cd for leaving, and got nothing out of it.

This system is BROKEN, I cannot believe they messed up and allows this.
    the deserter debuff is the thing that pisses me off. if I get into a LFR and bosses are dead there should be no fuckin deserter debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the deserter debuff is the thing that pisses me off. if I get into a LFR and bosses are dead there should be no fuckin deserter debuff.
    Exactly, no sane person in the world would do LFR if he/she can't even get anything from it. Blizzard completely messed up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I encountered the same thing, but i'm not aware of there ever having been a "fresh lockout" guarantee of any sort; i thought it has always been like this.
    No, if you joined a group in progress with bosses dead on a particular wing, it would put you into a fresh group so you could get the bosses you missed if you requeued after completion of the partial run. Since sometime in Shadowlands, it no longer does.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think it's a case of it prioritizes putting you in a fresh group but at a certain point you just get shoved to one in progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I think it's a case of it prioritizes putting you in a fresh group but at a certain point you just get shoved to one in progress.
    It's only supposed to have the wiggle room for that if the queue reaches excessive lengths. IIRC, like an hour+. It's happening now even with reasonable queues. Additionally, I even had it happen on a healer alt a few weeks ago which, at the time, had very short queues.

They either changed how it functions on purpose, or this is some sort of ongoing bug because it absolutely is not functioning how it did in past expansions. If they aren't going to change/fix it, they at least need to not apply the deserter debuff to people who leave when they are already loot locked to every living boss because that's just an extra "fuck you" on top of any queue times.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No, if you joined a group in progress with bosses dead on a particular wing, it would put you into a fresh group so you could get the bosses you missed if you requeued after completion of the partial run. Since sometime in Shadowlands, it no longer does.
    Oh, that sounds like a neat system. Weird that they removed it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

A very simple checklist or black list of bosses that you could mark as milled this week or prefer not to do at all, would solve this. It would increase Q times but that’s better than this issue popping up and getting deserter over nothing

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    When they introduced LFR back in Cata / Dragon Soul it used to show "group in progress" on the pop up if it wasn't fresh. But people were cancelling queue when it wasn't fresh, meaning groups in progress couldn't refill. So Blizzard removed the annotation but also promised that if you requeue, you'll get a fresh one.

All posts referring to this when I google are 2-3 years old, there's nothing new about it. It seems like they ninja nerfed it for some odd reason.

Its not a lfr problem, it is a problem of the boss and the communitys behaviour. No real way to work around it without messing up something else.