Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    MoP had 4 weeks. Release in mid December, open raid in mid January.
    Mogushan raid released just next week after release.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I am still firmly of the opinion that this decision is a mistake. But, again I am not too surprised that they basically decided to do a short small scale expansion to get footing again and get it out the door as fast as possible to keep the 2 Year Cycle going.

It really is bizarre to me how it is all short term profit based and then the game development team is trying to run the game as if it was back in the Classic Era. Just super conflicting.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-06 at 10:17 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    It really is bizarre to me how it is all short term profit based and then the game development team is trying to run the game as if it was back in the Classic Era. Just super conflicting.
    Shadowlands sold 3.7 million in one day. That is over $148 million if they were all $40 (basic edition). So there is a very good reason why Blizzard, or any company, would want to keep that one time guaranteed infusion of revenue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Shadowlands sold 3.7 million in one day. That is over $148 million if they were all $40 (basic edition). So there is a very good reason why Blizzard, or any company, would want to keep that one time guaranteed infusion of revenue.
    It is certainly strange to use number argument as if I didn't know this and you're attacking my credibility as if I didn't know all these numbers by heart.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-06 at 10:53 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's still wrong on different levels than pure capitalism. Again, I also didn't even think that this wasn't the case and its' really odd to try and use numbers as a justification for something that is that abhorrent.
    What? Why are you even playing the game if you think the company making money is that abhorrent?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What? Why are you even playing the game if you think the company making money is that abhorrent?
    Well, that's a wonderful question. I'm open for capitalism until it gets to the point where we have bad decisions made that affect the quality of the product which we've seen openly. Also I openly advocate for Blizzard to monetize the product more in much more safe and non destructive ways than the current ways they are doing it while trying to replace the more destructive monetization aspects of the game.

Sadly, that isn't really taking place while also the fact they are pushing for a ridiculous timeline for dev completion. So I am voicing my opinion that this is a shame as again Q4 2022/Q1 2023 is a ridiculous timeline to hit based on the events internally and externally. Not to speak of the lack of content that evidently has more to do with the release window target.

Again, I don't need to be lectured on the Preorder numbers. I am fully aware that to get a quality product is hopeless these days and all the arguments against putting in effort is getting pretty wild these days as I am also extremely aware of, as well.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-06 at 11:05 PM.

Nihil.

I support capitalism if game good is certainly a take.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=65655/eyes-of-the-wolf

Looks like the lead in to the Calia quest line was included in this latest build

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post

Looks like the lead in to the Calia quest line was included in this latest build
    Except that's not what I wrote. Why is it that everyone has poor reading comprehension in that sense. I will never understand, lol.

Anyways, that's cool that there's some actual new content to discuss.

Nihil.

Except that's not what I wrote. Why is it that everyone has poor reading comprehension in that sense. I will never understand, lol.

Anyways, that's cool that there's some actual new content to discuss.

“ I'm open for capitalism until it gets to the point where we have bad decisions made that affect the quality of the product which we've seen openly.” is a long winded way to say the same thing.

1+ Year Old Account
    “ I'm open for capitalism until it gets to the point where we have bad decisions made that affect the quality of the product which we've seen openly.” is a long winded way to say the same thing.
    Fair enough, I really don't see a problem with that unless you're like weirdly pro-unfettered capitalism with no quality standards or concepts of both parties in a business transaction being content.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-07 at 01:12 AM.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, that isn't really taking place while also the fact they are pushing for a ridiculous timeline for dev completion. So I am voicing my opinion that this is a shame as again Q4 2022/Q1 2023 is a ridiculous timeline to hit based on the events internally and externally. Not to speak of the lack of content that evidently has more to do with the release window target"

You seem to know quite a bit about the internal workings at Blizzard...or so you seem to want people to believe. How is it a ridiculous timeline? Oh yeah because of the "events"...forgot. Lack of content? What content is it lacking? Oh.....things YOU want that you haven't seen mentioned...got it. Just chill, it's out when it's out. I will sit and wait patiently...I expect no more nor no less than what we've already been told.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    You seem to know quite a bit about the internal workings at Blizzard...or so you seem to want people to believe. How is it a ridiculous timeline? Oh yeah because of the "events"...forgot. Lack of content? What content is it lacking? Oh.....things YOU want that you haven't seen mentioned...got it. Just chill, it's out when it's out. I will sit and wait patiently...I expect no more nor no less than what we've already been told.
    I mean if you can't understand that this development timeline is ridiculous. I think you're completely out of touch with reality after the events of the past 4 years. But, hey that's just my opinion.

When it comes to the lack of content, the games' been lacking content and development effort for an extremely long time and again that's just my opinion. (shocker) We've never seen the additional resources for the Warcraft Team manifest itself ever since the focus on hiring more for the Warcraft Team in Legion started and again with the atrition rate from the teams after the scandal and the mass hirings and reshuffling internally.

I mean, I doubt that it didn't have an effect on the team. Not to speak of the fact this expansion was most likely pre-production and in production via WFH which may have untold consequences on the quality of the product.

You don't need to listen to my opinion or even care. I am just pointing out how insanely silly this is to accept this development schedule even with the basic principle of them cutting at 9.0. Its still insane when you consider the content output on launch with Dragonflight as of now which maybe it will have more content when datamining starts. But that's an unknown at this point.

Again, fair enough. I like the "Wait and see" approach myself and I agree with that sentiment.

Its' just I have my own preconceived notions on what you folk won't acknowledge because you're too obsessed with the preorder numbers meaning that a quality product is no longer a necessity and that capitalism realism has settled in with the conclusion that any criticism of the quality of the product does not matter due to widespread consumerist acceptance of bad video game products.

Anyways, I'ma go nap cause this ain't going anywhere and as always. I'm more interested in the Calia quests than this subject. Q4 2022/Q1 2023 is straight up complete absurdity. In my opinion.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-07 at 01:32 AM.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Mogushan raid released just next week after release.
    It can't have because my busted ass old laptop could barely run Mists and it took me a week to level (I got a new PC just in time to hit 90) but I was still geared and ready (just barely) by the time the raid opened. There is no way I was that efficient with gearing to be ready a day after hitting 90 haha
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    It can't have because my busted ass old laptop could barely run Mists and it took me a week to level (I got a new PC just in time to hit 90) but I was still geared and ready (just barely) by the time the raid opened. There is no way I was that efficient with gearing to be ready a day after hitting 90 haha
    MoP release date: Sept 25
    Mogu'shan Normal date: October 2

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-raid-schedule

It absolutely has to be Darkfallen AR.

"We must know more of what they are up to, now that the accursed Banshee Queen no longer unites them. Go, don a disguise and see what you can discover. Observe everything. And if there is opportunity to gain their trust"

GAIN THEIR TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Obviously creating a play pen for furries so they can do pet play.
    Nah. That would mean they are actually in tune with a part of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post

"We must know more of what they are up to, now that the accursed Banshee Queen no longer unites them. Go, don a disguise and see what you can discover. Observe everything. And if there is opportunity to gain their trust"

GAIN THEIR TRUST
    Maybe. I'm absolutely on the side of wanting Darkfallen AR, but then I wonder what The Dark Ranger's Pupil quest is for, then, if the Calia questline is Darkfallen.

My pipe dream: Dark Ranger quest is for hunter spell effects, Calia quest is Darkfallen AR. Just drown me in fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post

GAIN THEIR TRUST
    I definitely didn't think the Worgen would be the ones to get some Darkfallen into the Alliance but okay fine. Though if Calia is going to actually be a Horde Faction Leader or remain neutral is up in the air. The Forsaken need an actual Horde leader, and it certainly doesn't help that she 1.) Tried to defect to the Alliance & 2.) Is dating a Proudmoore.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. I'm absolutely on the side of wanting Darkfallen AR, but then I wonder what The Dark Ranger's Pupil quest is for, then, if the Calia questline is Darkfallen.

My pipe dream: Dark Ranger quest is for hunter spell effects, Calia quest is Darkfallen AR. Just drown me in fan service.
    Honestly the Pupil Quest is probably the requirement to get the acquisition quest & the Calia quest is the acquisition quest, in line with other Allied Races.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We've never seen the additional resources for the Warcraft Team manifest itself ever since the focus on hiring more for the Warcraft Team in Legion started
    We kinda have though.

in the art department there has been a ton of updated models like harpy’s, quillboars, bears ect along with all the new models we typically get every expan. We have got full HD zone revamps like dark shore and arthi a ton of mini zones build for islands and more patch zones then ever before.

On the coding front we have gotten new systems every patch, huge new types of content like warfronts and Torghast and have had them pump out unplanned raids to fill gaps in both BFA and legion.

Shadowlands was obviously and dip with it being cut short and Covid and While the quality of the work might be up for debate it’s unquestionable that we have seen a huge increase of work put in when compared to the past when we’d just get a single zone raids and if lucky a couple of dungeons through out an expan.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    So stiven found something interesting on twitter. idk if its about WoW or not. Anyone have any idea?