Poll: what allied race combo preorder would be better

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Murloc murlocs. Allied race murlocs, special murloc only class murlocs.
    Definitely a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Murloc murlocs. Allied race murlocs, special murloc only class murlocs.
    agreed. MURLOCS > ALL

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I mean it's not like Blood Elves and Void Elves are insanely similar or Magthar Orcs and regular Orcs or Nightborne and Night Elves, I could go and on and on and on, but I think you get the point.
    Sorry, maybe my point was unclear.

Similarity to an existing race makes sense, and has happened many times, as you correctly point out. I wasn't attempting to deny that.

Similarity to a race being added as a paid feature in the expansion makes less sense - simply because it makes the expansion race look less impressive by comparison.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Similarity to a race being added as a paid feature in the expansion makes less sense - simply because it makes the expansion race look less impressive by comparison.
    All expansion features are paid features. You get them if you buy the expansion. We're suggesting the continuation of pre-order bonuses they included in BFA & Shadowlands, not a FOMO DLC class like Necromancer in Diablo 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    BFA pre-order ARs were Legion races

DF pre-order ARs should be SL races
    Sylvanas' race has as much to do with Shadowlands as the Covenant races.

Give me Dragonmaw Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Give me Dragonmaw Orcs.
    You sort of get that with the Mag'har don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel Murlocks.

More lore than Void Elves already + unique model.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    All expansion features are paid features. You get them if you buy the expansion. We're suggesting the continuation of pre-order bonuses they included in BFA & Shadowlands, not a FOMO DLC class like Necromancer in Diablo 3.
    Sure, I get that, I just feel it's unlikely they'll go for a race with potentially a similar silhouette and animations as the pre-order bonus (which is sort of perceived as "free", even though obviously that's technically untrue). Especially as the Dracthyr only have shoulder/belt/tabard armour, but as a normal race, you'd anticipate the Arakoa having all slots filled (including specially-shaped helms for their long beaked heads - I guess Worgen could get you started). It's a weird combination of "too similar" and "high effort".

I think something more distinct yet more standard/cheaper-to-do is more likely, though what that is exactly, I'm pretty unsure on. As the primary purpose is to get people to pre-order it doesn't need to be particularly tied to the expansion. If they've already rigged the Tuskarr/Gnolls for full armour I'd say they were likely but I'm guessing they have not.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCrow View Post
    You sort of get that with the Mag'har don't you?
    Nope. Dragonmaw are not Mag’har, by definition. Nor is the Shattered Hand skin the Dragonmaw skin. Nor are the Blackrock eyes Dragonmaw eyes. Nor do we have the Dragonmaw tattoos/brands.

I am proud of every person that voted Tuskarr. You made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    There are actually 4 issues with ogres:

1.) Ogres are Dumb as hell. Only an Ogre with 2 Heads is somehow capable. This is an big issue since an 1 Headed Ogre does not have the intelligence to do anything than simple Work. But this is not really an necessarity by giving every ogre an visible Trinket out of an Apexis-Crystal

2.) There is no female Model: before it can be an used race, we would need female Ogres, they simply does not exist (yet). Then blizzard would probably need to update every zones with ogres to add them.

3.) Ogres are too tall. This actually IS a big issue that we already have with tall races as Taurens and Draenei where they actually can get stuck, especially when they using a mount. This would be an even bigger issue with Ogres; yes there are smaller ones, but even they are tall, but most of them are very tall, and some even gigantic.

4.) Ogres have a quite disporpotional and huge Body Size. This is not a case like Pandaren or Kul'tirans, they have a huge Body, very short legs, a Horn on their head and all in all Ogres rarely wear any armor at all. To refit the armor to ogres is a collosal amount of work, this can't even be compared to any other race they've added so far.
    This is a super weird post to make. I mean, I don't care for ogres personally in the slightest, but 1 point is wrong, 1 point is irrelevant, and the other 2 are circumstantial and wouldn't cause any problems.

1. Ogres can be dumb. Just like Humans and Night Elves and Orcs (ironically a stereotypical "dumb" race) etc. In fact, Ogres are Titanforged Descendants, Titanforged are naturally super smart. This is subjective to your specific ogres you're thinking of in your head and not ogres as a whole. WoD was literally an xpac full of much higher intelligence ogres.

2. Dracthyr have a very human-like form for customizing. The dragon has no gender associated with it. This didn't stop them from doing it. Their approach was simple: certain armor won't appear on the dragon while other pieces will, and to make up for it, there will be a lot of dragon customization options. They could easily add a female ogre model (female ogres do exist, but canonically, they're rare).

3. See 2. Also, why would this even matter? Like you said, we could use smaller ogres. They do exist. No reason players couldn't be those.

4. This has quite literally 0 relevance to anything in any way, shape, or form. You basically said "Blizzard would have to do work to add them." No duh. They had to do a lot of work when they added Worgen, Kul'Tiran, Vulpera, etc. and I think you're entirely discounting that Blizzard usually has to do at least a little bit of work for every new race, but those 3 took an exceptional amount of work. Ogre wouldn't be any different at all. In fact, Blizzard has stated multiple times just how much work Vulpera was specifically. Ogre would more than likely not match it because their skeleton is so similar to all existing playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    1. Ogres can be dumb. Just like Humans and Night Elves and Orcs (ironically a stereotypical "dumb" race) etc. In fact, Ogres are Titanforged Descendants, Titanforged are naturally super smart. This is subjective to your specific ogres you're thinking of in your head and not ogres as a whole. WoD was literally an xpac full of much higher intelligence ogres.
    I feel like a lot of people forget that the Horde's best naval units in Warcraft 2 were engineered by Ogres, since the Orcs hadn't figured out the whole shipwright/seafaring thing yet.

If Ogres ever became playable, I fully expect them to go the "somewhat dumb, but lovable brute" route with their personality, a la characters like Heavy Weapons Guy and Kronk. (I'm actually kind of amazed we still don't have a playable race that fills that archetype)
    Last edited by Bwgmon; 2022-05-03 at 01:02 AM.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

It would be Blizzard who chooses, not us, right?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    It would be Blizzard who chooses, not us, right?
    if they are choosing, we r having 8 new elf sub-races.

none of the given options.

although, I would love mok'nathal allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well, i've been wishing to have Sethrak on the Alliance since BfA. Would be great if that happened. Knowing Blizzard, it won't though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Same, big Sethrak fan
    Even if Sethrak becomes an allied race, it'll either be horde side or neutral.

Alliance' interaction with them in Voldun is minor at best compared to Horde's interaction with them, and they're even present at Talanji's coronation post Battle of Dazar'alor.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-05-07 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

There's no shot they would lock an allied race behind a paywall

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    There are actually 4 issues with ogres:

1.) Ogres are Dumb as hell. Only an Ogre with 2 Heads is somehow capable. This is an big issue since an 1 Headed Ogre does not have the intelligence to do anything than simple Work. But this is not really an necessarity by giving every ogre an visible Trinket out of an Apexis-Crystal

2.) There is no female Model: before it can be an used race, we would need female Ogres, they simply does not exist (yet). Then blizzard would probably need to update every zones with ogres to add them.

3.) Ogres are too tall. This actually IS a big issue that we already have with tall races as Taurens and Draenei where they actually can get stuck, especially when they using a mount. This would be an even bigger issue with Ogres; yes there are smaller ones, but even they are tall, but most of them are very tall, and some even gigantic.

4.) Ogres have a quite disporpotional and huge Body Size. This is not a case like Pandaren or Kul'tirans, they have a huge Body, very short legs, a Horn on their head and all in all Ogres rarely wear any armor at all. To refit the armor to ogres is a collosal amount of work, this can't even be compared to any other race they've added so far.
    These are superfluous issues.

1.) Change the lore, there's a new race of smart ogres called Shrekies created by Cho'Gall somewhere on Draenor to be the master race or something but they broke away ahh now they joined the Horde. One and 2-headed options.

2.) So make one.

3.) Just set the collusion box down to their waist and let their heads clip through doorframes. Not like Blizzard gives a shit about all the other clipping in the game.

4.) Ogres wear plenty of armor, there's ones wearing whole ass Iron plated knight armor in Draenor and shit. Don't tell me it hasn't been done.

Boom, solved all your problems and it took like, 5 seconds, 10 tops.

Definitely true to them probably going horde. However given what's coming in 9.2.5 (crossfaction play) it doesn't really matter as much. I guess theirs the faction specific Armors and some tints but not much more than that.

Also +1 for Sethrak love and hope we get them in 9.2.5!

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Even if Sethrak becomes an allied race, it'll either be horde side or neutral.

Alliance' interaction with them in Voldun is minor at best compared to Horde's interaction with them, and they're even present at Talanji's coronation post Battle of Dazar'alor.
    Minor? Saved their leader and one of their essential artifacts for the story. Also fought off the faithless for them. Just cause the alliance is not canonically in the dungeon quest it does not mean their contributions weren't sizeable It doesn't have to be the faithful either.
    But, it matters not. It can be the remnant of the faithless joining in search of redemption. Vulpera had no reason to join the horde until their scenario. Lore is made up. It serves the content.
    The point is i want a more animalistic but still proud race for the alliance to make variety better. I think they fit the bill. It subverts expectations while keeping the alliance feel. Horde can get Ogres. Horde players clearly want that more. Even if they are neutral i don't mind.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-05-07 at 02:08 PM.