Poll: What do you think?

Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    "Really, races like that, and so those were really the building blocks that he drew from and so the dracthyr represent not only a mixture of the magic of the flights, but a mixture of those traits from some of those early races."

mixture some troll, night elf and tauren to get a blood elf, thats some sick alchemy right there LMAO, thats beyond stupid

And now they say you can pick your visage form after waking from a slumber, and you can't pick anything else, bullshit
    1. The visage form is picked from the first npcs you see they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    /snip
    Thank you for that in-depth look/analysis. I had no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Why exactly does it matter if the dracthyr re-uses a wireframe and/or parts of the animation rig of another newer model? The meat, so to speak, of the race/class, is in its heretofore unseen levels of customization and the texture-work that's part of the design - not the wireframe or the animation rig. It's pretty common practice to re-use wireframes and rigs because, with a few tweaks here and there, they're very dynamic and adaptable, which is sort of the point. It'd be rather sloppy and inefficient to create an entirely new frame and rig for a model when you can easily adapt an existing configuration for what you need.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes, we are looking at the same pictures. The pictures where the two are identical except for the Nightborne leaning back slightly and standing with one foot forward. The picture where they are two identical rigs, with modified models using two different stand animations. Unlike the Dracthyr and Incubus, who do not match up at all, because they are completely different models on entirely different rigging using different stand animations.

Because it's not just a matter of having a foot forward, you can line up their knees and feet and their shoulder is in the Incubus' head. Or line up their shoulders and hips and their feet are through the floor, because they aren't the same rigs and have different proportions

No. We are talking about skeletal rigs. You know, the thing you are claiming is the same? But you're wrong in both cases, because they also aren't using the same animations.

https://i.imgur.com/clLA2UE.mp4
    https://i.imgur.com/TxXcyoV.mp4

Look it's clear you don't have any actual counter-argument, so whatever. I'm done. Continue to make shit up so you have something to seethe and screech about.
    Glad to see someone with some sense of how things work.

People have this conclusion already made up in their head and then they try to use words like rigs and skeleton to make it seems like they have credence in the criticisms. It's someone throwing around technical jargon to seem legit.

And yeah, how people can say the swipe animation is even similar is beyond me.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Every time I see this model I feel as if someone is trying to spoon feed me shit recycled from their ostomy pouch. It's bizzare.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    1. The visage form is picked from the first npcs you see they said.
    IF the form can be picked, you should be able to pick any form thereafter, and not be forced to stay on male blood elf and female human form

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Not his fault all trans people are furries
    That's a nice reponse, well played. Always nice to hear/read an objective argument like this one, you really contributed to the overall discussion of the various topics we got goin' here with that one.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-07 at 07:26 PM.

IF the form can be picked, you should be able to pick any form thereafter, and not be forced to stay on male blood elf and female human form
    I think your missing the fucking point. From the way they explained it. Drakthyr/Dragons can only pick a form once. Their is an actual story about this. The drakthyr can only be them due to those being what they see. Also anyone who wants to be a gnome drakthyr is just dumb.

Also anyone who wants to be a gnome drakthyr is just dumb.
    It's not dumb at all. I'm not one of those people, but Chromie is one of the most popular dragons in the game. Of course there's going to be people who want to be like her. Unless you just think Chromie is dumb too - which lol.

I kind of like the visage forms, but I think I would have preferred Blizzard to select a variety of playable races, give them new customization options (not all of them dragon-related or locked to evoker either), and allow dracthyr to choose their visage form from those instead.

What we got is... Interesting, but this feels a bit like a case of less being more, in the sense that the same number of options would get spread across multiple races on both factions, but in the end allow the players more flexibility.

That said, maybe it's not a hard thing to implement later? If dracthyr can potentially pick up playing as classes other than evoker, then maybe they can learn to disguise themselves as things other than scaly half-elves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    What we got is... Interesting, but this feels a bit like a case of less being more, in the sense that the same number of options would get spread across multiple races on both factions, but in the end allow the players more flexibility.
    Yeah, I was left with the feeling that they went "Oh, people want customization? OK!!" and went with lots of customization for customization's sake without stopping to think about the potential cost. I believe that ultimately, no matter how many new options visage form has, it is a net loss in variety potential compared to if they could just chose between all race models with maybe, added horns or lizard eyes. But I may be biased because I just don't care for the visage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    It's not dumb at all. I'm not one of those people, but Chromie is one of the most popular dragons in the game. Of course there's going to be people who want to be like her. Unless you just think Chromie is dumb too - which lol.
    I mean they are pretty dumb.

I mean they are pretty dumb.
    Why's that?

There is no such issues, people want to play humanoid dragons, big bulky ones, regardless of the gender.

I would 100% make a female dracthyr bulky and powerful, but those models don't look like dragons, its a dinosaur.

- - - Updated - - -

As it is today, they work like Demon hunter, the "armor" pieces you have is from set pieces that you can only change in barber shop, and just some parts, not the entire set.

They have yet to confirm its your armor that appear in the dragon form. and taking a look from the videos, isn't.
    I wouldn't even call it dinosaurs. Velociraptors are lithe, yet they're menacing and fierce. These just look.... weak. But worse than that, they look generic, bland, a mish mash of random features plastered on top of a blood elf when not in dragon form. In Dragon form it's like they took a featureless tall human and gave them scales.There are no curves, the gesture is entirely forgettable. It's like their design directive was: Let's go for something that has no personality.

As others have mentioned, though, it's not a big deal. I'm just not going to play it. Wish they made it cooler though :shrug:
    Last edited by Tiev; 2022-05-08 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I wouldn't even call it dinosaurs. Velociraptors are lithe, yet they're menacing and fierce. These just look.... weak. But worse than that, they look generic, bland, a mish mash of random features plastered on top of a blood elf when not in dragon form. In Dragon form it's like they took a featureless tall human and gave them scales.There are no curves, the gesture is entirely forgettable. It's like their design directive was: Let's go for something that has no personality.

As others have mentioned, though, it's not a big deal. I'm just not going to play it. Wish they made it cooler though :shrug:
    I want to play dragon class but those motherfuckers ain't it. It's as if someone mixed cancer and aids and made anal beads out of it. The thing looks like a joke in comparison to other dragon races in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    As others have mentioned, though, it's not a big deal. I'm just not going to play it.
    That really is the best solution. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Elves did exist 10k years ago, you know the city suramar was sealed off for 10k years right, night elves are the origional race of elves where everything is an offshoot species.
    trolls are the original elves mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Aklaba View Post
    My favorite thing about this post is how it pretentiously assumes anyone has asked for a wrong opinion. The Dracthyr are fine, it's the playerbase that needs a lobotomy.
    Thank you and agreed, these people seem to think they speak for the entire player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I want to play dragon class but those motherfuckers ain't it. It's as if someone mixed cancer and aids and made anal beads out of it. The thing looks like a joke in comparison to other dragon races in the game.
    Don't like it? Don't play it, I think you negativity is reflecting the type of person you are.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-05-08 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Overall art direction that you haven’t seen the final version of, seen the total animations for, nor seen the complete ability set. You’re operating with an incomplete deck.

- - - Updated - - -

We’re not even in Alpha yet dude.
    How are you such a vehement WoW fanboy but you're not even aware of the fact that "just wait until alpha" hasn't made sense even once? We've seen enough to be concerned. What they showed was what they thought gave a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aklaba View Post
    My favorite thing about this post is how it pretentiously assumes anyone has asked for a wrong opinion. The Dracthyr are fine, it's the playerbase that needs a lobotomy.
    "Your opinion is invalid, my opinion is fact"? I'm not sure if this is ironic or a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    How are you such a vehement WoW fanboy but you're not even aware of the fact that "just wait until alpha" hasn't made sense even once? We've seen enough to be concerned. What they showed was what they thought gave a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

"Your opinion is invalid, my opinion is fact"? I'm not sure if this is ironic or a joke.
    Didn’t they straight up say there was going to be more customizations to be more buff? Have we seen those yet? Saying wait until alpha seems like a good and safe thing to say considering we have no idea what those look like at all.