Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7,8 out of 10 times - people will pick orc/human for PvP activities.

Another group will pick best racial for PvE purposes - even thou the results are miniscule.

Lastly, you have the group who plays tauren rogues for the fun of it.

This won't break anything. It just makes things more interesting, if you wan't to have a laidback approach.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Realy? How did you determine that it was taken from an RPG? As I said, there were a lot of combinations available, how did you determine that Blizzarh was inspired by RPGs and not just decided to give such a stupid combination to please 15 year old fans who do not want any restrictions? And I already told you that the culture of playable tauren doesn't support that.
    Otherwise, how would you explain it lore-wise?

Have you ever heard of such a thing as gameplay? Or do I need to explain such things to you? The fact that they were not singled out as a separate faction within the game is the gameplay to make everything easier. Back at BlizzCon, they said that the playable DH belong to the Illidari faction, not the Alliance and Horde. And we have no idea what they do after the Legion, they are nowhere to be seen. A single DH appeared in Bfa in Zuldazar and was only concerned with killing the Shivarra left behind from the Legion's invasion, not the faction war. Death Knights are also more loyal to the Ebon Blade than the Horde, given that even if your hero is from the Horde, you are still helping Thassarian free Koltira from the Undercity.
    No shit.
    They are supposed to be part of their original organizations while also being part of the factions. They didn't ditch the factions last time i checked the lore.

No, Hartstone is not an argument. Everything that happens there has nothing to do with canon, even if Blizzard can take some things from there.
    And an NPC in WoW?

How many times do you have to be told that it's not about the impossibility of learning, but that it goes against the culture of the faction? Even Highborne mages were accepted into Night Elf society in large part because Garrosh was attacking their territory and they needed all the help they could get.
    And this can't happen again?
    Desperate times call for seperate measures.

Warlock dranei lightforged??? Undead druid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Anything can work, the Light provides power to the Scarlet Crusade...
    Exactly this.

The UNDEAD Scarlet Crusaders in EPL use things like Smite and Exorcism. Which theoretically should kill them, or at the very least make them scream in pain.

Plus Forsaken players using various Holy and Disc priest spells... yea
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Otherwise, how would you explain it lore-wise?

No shit.
    They are supposed to be part of their original organizations while also being part of the factions. They didn't ditch the factions last time i checked the lore.

And an NPC in WoW?

And this can't happen again?
    Desperate times call for seperate measures.
    Perhaps the Forsaken taught them magic, as they did with the orcs long ago.

Where did you get this nonsense from? Demon hunters don't even swear allegiance to Anduin or Sylvanas like other classes do. They were loyal only to Illidan and had not been seen in any battle between the Alliance and the Horde since the days of the Legion.

Show me a friendly warlock draenei from the Exodar, not a random hostile draenei in Terokkar, and then we'll talk.

Everything should have boundaries. The equation of all races and classes deprives them of their uniqueness

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Worgen curse makes them hard to raise into undeath not hard to use light
    Being a paladin would have prevented the curse from effecting them.

I disagree with hooved races being rogues and that's not even a "lore" thing, just common sense. It's worse than any other combo.

Its always interesting and kind of sad when people compare the race/class system of WoW to other games.

Apples and oranges people
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Weezull View Post

I disagree with hooved races being rogues and that's not even a "lore" thing, just common sense. It's worse than any other combo.
    It does not prevent a worgen who was not a paladin before from -becoming- a paladin.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Weezull View Post

The Paladin immune to curses/plague/etc. was retconned in WoTLK. Namely in that Bridenbrad questline in icecrown which was pretty good.

Rogues are using shadow magic to turn invisible, stealth has never been has never been a realistic thing. Draenei, and Night Elves could disappear at night in WC3. Think it was made pretty clear in the cinematic that lead up to Shadowlands.
    Last edited by shade076; 2022-05-08 at 05:32 AM.

That is kinda cool and kinda weird at the same time IMO.

Like, both arguments are sound...

It's both true that factions can teach each others things but at the same time, some WoW races are very ingrained in some curses / restrictions. Undead druid does feel weird but considering the Drust, it's not too bad. If they had not introduced them, it would of been pretty weird...

Void elf paladins is also pretty darn odd, lightforged draeinei warlock is... also odd... I mean isn't the point of their race that they are an incredibly zealous group? I kinda hope they give draenei some red skins to go with warlock lol.

A worgen paladin could be really fucking cool... I know it won't happen but imagine if they could stand upright... That would be incredible! I do think I may roll a worgen enh sham tho hehe.

Like, I get both of the 2 sides throwing chairs at each others in this thread and TBH, I agree with both and I can't really pick a side lol. One thing tho is that even though a certain race may have good reasons to not be X class, I doubt those... out of common combos will be very present in the lore. I mean, you gotta keep in mind that your character is... you in a way. This an RPG at the core and if you decide that you are a void elf that has been corrupted by the void and given powers but decided that it's power was too unsafe, too corrupting and decided to balance yourself with the light... then go you. Maybe you're a Draenei who had an affinity with the fel and decided that controlling demons was your way to protect yourself and show the legion who's boss, you hate demons for what they did to your people and as such, you decided to use them like disposable assets. As for the red eredar skin... well maybe you were corrupted and had joined the legion, but at one point, you had to go too far and decided to go rogue. You've been fighting the legion your own way in the shadows, unknown to the draenei. With their defeat, you decided to let yourself be know and tell your story. The draenei took you back in and now you fight for them like everyone else. Etc etc.

WoW is a RPG. It's part of why a lot of tabletop gaves started to forgo these restrictions because you're kinda supposed to create your own character, your own backstory and motives. Same reason alignments are much less strict. If you feel like an undead paladin doesn't sense, just don't make one. Yeah it's weird lore wise and I'm not sure if it SHOULD happen (Lore wise, aren't most undead priests shadows priests or something? Since the light hurts them... but some still do light stuff because the pain is repentance for them or something?) I get both sides, yeah it's strange but... well it's just that in a way, I don't think gnome druids will ever become their poster child... Or that they will ever become... important lore wise.
    Last edited by Kalarm; 2022-05-08 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Honestly, a lot of them should have already been unlocked since maybe Cata onwards.
    Lore is no reason to say a player cannot be a Tauren rogue; the player should be able to be the exception to the rule, especially since we've basically been the Champion who's saved Azeroth multiple times already up to the point of Cata (and several times since then, too).
    It makes sense that it would take time for animations and such, getting art assets in place, all that is well and good, but lore should never be the main reason because "lore" is nothing but made up fantasy pulled out of the brains of random people.
    It's not real world, it's all make believe, and make believing an Undead druid is perfectly fine to do, lore be damned about the rest.
    Fully agreed. It's a ridiculous concept to me when people say things like "Nooo Draenei hate warlocks!" like warlocks are widely accepted in Stormwind and Orgrimmar (where the trainers hide in the underground shady area/ a litteral basement). You're just one exceptional character, not your race's statistical average.

It's a welcome thought but it won't be coming to DH, Druid and Evoker. Except maybe Velf / Nightborne skin edits - which is way less work than adding new models to fit the other races. I enjoy the thought that, if they do want to add more themed abilities to races - they may actually add a skill coloration system and some way to edit them more freely. I'm sure the effects we get in game are mostly hand-made which makes it difficult to add new skills in the first place - let alone having it be reskinned for every race in the damn game where it would be unique if changed.

But this won't happen for years to come, so I'm not holding my breath for anything but races being flagged for class selection and some exposition NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Perhaps the Forsaken taught them magic, as they did with the orcs long ago.
    And why would they learn from the Forsaken?

Where did you get this nonsense from? Demon hunters don't even swear allegiance to Anduin or Sylvanas like other classes do. They were loyal only to Illidan and had not been seen in any battle between the Alliance and the Horde since the days of the Legion.
    Technically, are you Alliance\Horde when you play a Demon Hunter?
    You know, even the Draenei were considered neutral in lore because they were so absent. It still didn't omit them from the Alliance.

Show me a friendly warlock draenei from the Exodar, not a random hostile draenei in Terokkar, and then we'll talk.
    What's wrong with hostile?
    It means they can. The question is will they be willing.

Everything should have boundaries. The equation of all races and classes deprives them of their uniqueness
    I totally agree.
    Unless, you provide a genuine lore reason.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Warlock dranei lightforged??? Undead druid?
    Yea, I agree that’s a bit weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every race can take up The Light now and become a Priest, choosing to stay at range in Cloth armor and smiting their foes in the name of The Light.

What's to stop that Priest, following The Light, from putting on a set of Plate Armor, grabbing the nearest Warhammer, and bashing some Zombie Skulls in in the name of The Light? Or a Warrior from calling on The Light to empower his shield to protect the weak and vulnerable?

Plus there's a few times with Paladins specifically where the non-paladin races that are currently in WoW have been shown to use Paladin abilities. Like the Nelf Chick in the Legion Class Hall questchain for Paladins.

Human Druids? Gilnean "Harvest Witches" That never got bit by Worgen and escaped to Stormwind before the events of Cataclysm.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

5+ Year Old Account
    You can have your Undead Paladins, your Light-forged Warlocks, your Night Elf Shamans ... Just as long as I get my Dwarf Druids!

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And why would they learn from the Forsaken?

Technically, are you Alliance\Horde when you play a Demon Hunter?
    You know, even the Draenei were considered neutral in lore because they were so absent. It still didn't omit them from the Alliance.

What's wrong with hostile?
    It means they can. The question is will they be willing.

I totally agree.
    Unless, you provide a genuine lore reason.
    Why not?

No, it's for gameplay reasons. The draenei officially joined the Alliance, helped in the BC, and disappeared. It also didn't help that Velen helped the Blood Elves, a race from the Horde, a lot. HH have NEVER joined the Alliance or the Horde.

I can't understand, are you having trouble reading what I write? I didn't say they couldn't PHYSICALLY, I said it was against THEIR CULTURE. That's why I asked you for an example, and not some random draenei who is also hostile.

You can invent any reason, it does not mean that it will be logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yea, I agree that’s a bit weird.
    Now that Sargeras has been defeated, is a Lightforged Warlock any weirder than a Lightforged Mage?

Anything Demon Hunter needs more explanation. Why is anyone becoming a Demon Hunter when Demons aren't a problem anymore?

Believe it when i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Now that Sargeras has been defeated, is a Lightforged Warlock any weirder than a Lightforged Mage?

Anything Demon Hunter needs more explanation. Why is anyone becoming a Demon Hunter when Demons aren't a problem anymore?
    Sargeras may be gone, and the Legion in decline, but does that necessarily mean that demons are just gone and not a problem anymore/never going to be a problem again?