Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I really wonder how well The Suicide Squad would have done if it was not cross streaming on HBO Max? Feels like Gunn pretty much owns the DCEU now and effectively has a blank check for any project he wants,
    I don't think TSS day and dating was the problem I think you do. The problem is the first movie. For some reason over time it has been seen more and more as a terri-bad flop. Much of the time it happens that the second movie in a series takes on the momentum from the first. That's why IM 2 did better than IM 1 even though it wasn't as good and again, imo, why TSS did as poorly as it did. The day and dating hurt the Box Office, not the public perception of the film. I think too many folks had their minds made up before they ever saw it.

In this case it's unfair imo. TSS was for me a surprisingly enjoyable movie. Just as the Whedon/Snyder JL was a surprising waste of time. Anyway as always, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    sad nobody in the show felt any empathy for the creature whatsoever...fuckers..
    Human torpedo >>>>> Animal rights

Peacemaker was absolutely fantastic. Benchmark setting superhero action-comedy.

I loved Peacemaker. They really stuck the ending as well.

Having his Dad show up in the end drove home that he wasn't "fixed"

There's still a lot to build on in season 2.

never in the history of my life did i think a show about peacemaker would become my favorite dc property
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I am looking forward to season two of Peacemaker.

This may do as much for the DCEU as a successful movie assuming it is as wildly seen as I think it is.

One of the absolute greatest in comic history has passed. Farewell, Mr. Perez

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ttle-rcna27792

George Pérez, whose work for DC and Marvel made him one of the most iconic comic book artists of his generation, died Friday after a battle with pancreatic cancer at the age of 67.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    One of the absolute greatest in comic history has passed. Farewell, Mr. Perez

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ttle-rcna27792
    Bummer. Perez was one of the first artists I “noticed” when he did books back in the day. To the point where he (Byrne too) would get me to check out a book i might normally not have. Reason I picked up Wonder Woman way back in the day.

Just noticed reading into this that Neal Adams passed not too long ago too.

I don't know if anyone has been watching Young Justice but its been a really good season. I do think they should have released the episodes in arcs (like 4 episodes every 4 weeks, 5 for the arc that was 5 episodes).

It looks like Ezra Miller is out as the Flash,and his acting career also appears to be over as well given the litany of charges he has pending right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    It looks like Ezra Miller is out as the Flash,and his acting career also appears to be over as well given the litany of charges he has pending right now.
    Good. Never liked him, much less as the Flash.

I wish they'd just suck it up and let Grant Gustin continue on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Is DC planning on redoing the Flash movie, which was set to release next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Is DC planning on redoing the Flash movie, which was set to release next year?
    doubtful, the movie is well into post production. I would assume WB will release it as scheduled. Miller is less than an afterthought at this point, though it will be awkward to advertise it with him as the face of the movie.

It would be nice if DC just sucked it up and reshot Millers scenes with Gustin,but I doubt they will. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Sooooo, "we’ve spent too much money on this already, hopefully audiences are okay with a movie featuring an actor who’s a child groomer"?

Should just shelf it entirely or do reshoots with another actor.
    I mean, they already had this reshoots fiasco with the Justice League...

I simply don't think the PR fallout for what it is is going to be worth more than redoing the whole movie. from a studio, and or producers standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean, they already had this reshoots fiasco with the Justice League...

I simply don't think the PR fallout for what it is is going to be worth more than redoing the whole movie. from a studio, and or producers standpoint.
    I mean, they replaced Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer for "All the money in the World" with just weeks to go before release. Granted, The Flash is a bigger budget picture and it will be harder (read: more expensive) to do the same thing because Miller's playing the main character... but the option is there.

It's a gamble either way. Reshoots will be costly...but keeping Miller might cost them even more in box office revenue. They're going to have to replace him eventually anyway if they plan on continuing to use the character...so it might be worth it to cut the cord now.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-06-21 at 11:26 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    isn't he hiding from the cops?

This cover aged well...

They replaced an actor all throughout Army of Athena Dead and at least made it look believable

They should just cut bait on both Miller and Heard, recast them and reshoot their scenes in their respective movies, and move on. As much as I love DC, I don't plan on watching either movie with those actors in them. I imagine many people feel the same, plus it's just really bad PR to be associated with either of these harassers.