Page 17 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    You can TRY to fix discolouration with make up. You cannot:

- hide swelling
    - hide a split lip

Both were the case according to her testimony.
    Yeah that's where my belief starts to fall, where is any swelling?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've learned two things from this situation.

Amber Heard is mentally unstable and a bad liar.
    Johnny Depp is mentally unstable and a drug addict.

I'm not even really sure what this trial is about any more.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Bruises can be covered with makeup. Its not that unbelievable of a story.

TBH the whole trial has gotten a bit uncomfortable wrt how people are dismissing her story

Yes she also beat her partner but it doesnt mean she wasnt physically abused by Depp.
    Yeah, she didn't have any of those injuries. You can't hide a split lip, or a broken nose without bandages. Especially while making the faces alone in that video thumbnail alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And like I said, women and men for time immemorial have had to deal with "you're not really being abused, you look fine" dismissals when they report domestic abuse. Using exactly these arguments.

I'm not saying not to attack Heard for obvious inconsistencies or admissions, like the shit-the-bed incident. I'm saying these specific attacks echo dismissive attitudes towards domestic abuse in general, and that's gross.

Speaking as a guy whose ex-wife hit him from time to time, and who never brought it up precisely because she was careful enough to hit me in meaty spots where the damage wouldn't show or could be explained by something else. The same arguments could be applied to people attacking Depp, too, and this shit's a big reason I don't religious follow this story, but Heard's getting way more of it lately.
    The reason Heards “getting more of it lately” is because her descriptions of the violence don’t align with any evidence she’s presented or her activities shortly after the alleged attacks.

In some instances, she’s described an MMA style beating to her face, even going so far as to say JD was wearing his rings at the time, but was seen publicly the next day or extremely soon after. The photo of her “broken nose” after a savage beating to her face from multiple punches showed no swelling and no actual bruising from that sort of injury (bruising from 2 black eyes and a broken nose does not look like a single Color shadow on your face).

If there was actual abuse, along the lines you’ve described from your own experience, and then that’s what she needs to tell, because the lack of evidence would actually make sense… but again, she’s literally been photographed in public, making appearances at interviews
    and other events shortly after she was apparently savagely beaten to the face, and that just isn’t how real life works.

5+ Year Old Account
    Was it before or after this movie?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I've learned two things from this situation.

Amber Heard is mentally unstable and a bad liar.
    Johnny Depp is mentally unstable and a drug addict.

I'm not even really sure what this trial is about any more.
    She got to keep her job and he didn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish I didn't know as much as I do now about all of this and watched.

Bottom line Johnny Depp has no case, regardless to meme's and speeches and screeching of his fans. I don't personally have anything for or against either.

This silly notion that some how Depp is the victim because he suffered consequences of his own actions and public opinion, very much like his rabid fans are wishing on Amber right now. The only thing I see is a tit for tat, and Johnny playing his best role yet.

That said Amber heard seems like a pretty horrible human being too. This trial is a farce and becoming a petri dish of what is wrong right now in the media.

And yes I am still a feminist and support the #MeToo Movement, but none of that has to do with this.

Amber Heard did NOT destroy Johnny Depp's career. He did that himself, with his drug use and pissing away money. That isn't to say he hasn't been wronged perhaps, but if the argument is that he was fired and couldn't find work because of statements made by Amber.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    She got to keep her job and he didn't?
    That has nothing to do with Amber and everything to do with his personal life. Every media company that hires anyone to represent their company is going have clauses that don't allow for certain perceptions of moral failings.

Which in and of itself is not an Indictment of Johnny Depp. It's image Disney didn't likely fire him simply because of Amber, they fired his ass because his personal life came in conflict with his job. Which was to play a Character that fucking entertains kids.

As for Amber Heard herself she is likely going to face the same set of circumstances, however none of this has any business in a court. This is about the personal and private life between two people. Both of which spiraled out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

And for anyone interested Johnny Depp has been a fucking train wreck for a long time, it really doesn't matter who said what about him years ago and weren't apart of his personal life intimately.

This is what his defamation case is about. Because he pissed away his money and reckless behavior like his idol came back to bite him in the ass.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...l-crisis-money

Depp’s attorney says that the Bahamas island chain and other real-estate purchases have been great investments for the actor and have appreciated many times above their acquisition costs. But if you own an island, it is mandatory also to own the ultimate spending machine: a yacht. In Depp’s case, an old-fashioned fantasy of smokestacks and masts that Captain Jack Sparrow might sail in his leisure hours. Depp found her in Turkey: Anatolia, a steam-powered replica yacht, built in 2001. The asking price was said to be $8.75 million, with $8 million more needed for refurbishment expenses.

Knowing that Mandel would suggest analyzing the math, as he always did, according to a source close to TMG, Depp dispatched his sister to insist, This is very important to Johnny, because a boat is the only place he can relax and recharge.

Fifteen minutes later, Depp called, and Mandel is said to have advised him on what he had to do work-wise to meet the huge expense of owning the yacht along with his other financial obligations: two studio pictures a year—or $40 million in guaranteed compensation.

I get it and I’m O.K. with it, Depp said, according to the source.

The yacht would have a multi-national crew of eight and operating and maintenance costs between $300,000 and $400,000 a month; Depp christened it the Vajoliroja: Va for Vanessa Paradis, jo for himself, liro for daughter Lily-Rose, and ja for son Jack. He commissioned the Malibu-based LM Pagano Design to decorate her in a style described in this magazine as “Orient Express by way of Parisian brothel.”
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I've said this before, both Heard and Depp are deeply toxic lunatics for different reasons.

But here's the thing...If Depp's goal here was to clear his name...that sure as shit failed.

This live streamed circus thing is very much what Depp wanted, and I don't think he is delusional enough to think this would revive his career, so it seems this is just being done purely to drag Heard down along with him.

This is just an angry toxic old man out for vengeance.

It's sure as shit not a good look.

I'm also amazed by how someone manages to piss away over 600 million dollars, no matter how bad of a drug addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing is a confusing mess. I am not sure what it is supposed to accomplish by being public.

I don't understand what kind of person would like to have their personal shit televised for whole world to see. Are they not ashamed? Is being intoxicated and having oubursts cool? So is constant lying and deceit? I am not interested in the case itself, it baffles me why it's so interesting to others.

All I see is two 'successful' people digging deep to scramble all the shit they can to win an argument for petty reasons. If they weren't toxic people to begin with, we would be having nothing to see. What a surprise, one is a manipulative bitch and the other is a junkie with unresolved childhood trauma. None of them are a great role model.

I guess we like to feed on toxic bullshit to excuse our own behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    This whole thing is a confusing mess. I am not sure what it is supposed to accomplish by being public.

I don't understand what kind of person would like to have their personal shit televised for whole world to see. Are they not ashamed? Is being intoxicated and having oubursts cool? So is constant lying and deceit? I am not interested in the case itself, it baffles me why it's so interesting to others.

All I see is two 'successful' people digging deep to scramble all the shit they can to win an argument for petty reasons. If they weren't toxic people to begin with, we would be having nothing to see. What a surprise, one is a manipulative bitch and the other is a junkie with unresolved childhood trauma. None of them are a great role model.

Depp was being called a wifebeater and such in the media before any legal action. The lawsuit in the UK and now this one are Depp trying to claw back any credibility or benefit of the doubt he can, to salvage whatever he can. The damage was all already done on his side, years ago. I'd imagine that getting some clarity on how two-sided this whole mess was and ruining Heard as much as she's already ruined him is something Depp'll consider a "win", even if he loses the lawsuit.

Which, y'know. Fair, I guess. She certainly isn't carrying off the image she'd upheld early on in all this, and exposing that may be value enough for Depp.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    As an aside, I'm vexed by half my Youtube recommended videos being footage of this trial despite me having never watched any of it and FUCK THAT NOISE.
    It's not even in my recommended ones here, it's just my feed that is choke full of that shit because I follow LegalEagles and watched one (1) of his videos on the subject. Bam, now I have lots of AMBER HEARD ON SUICIDE WATCH and DEPP LYING ASSHOLE nonsense polluting my feed. Fucking hell. Yes, she was obviously a terrible, abusive wife and puts up a terrible defense. Yes, Depp is hardly a victimized saint himself, despite what some people are clearly trying to push but jeez, there's other things going on in the world than celebrities airing their dirty laundries out at each other.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

the more I watch clips on youtube the more I believe it's some kind of new comedy installment

This threads a mess, shocker.

Its a defamation suit against her op-ed that called Johnny out for Domestic Abuse. It doesnt matter if hes a druggie weirdo, the point is did he physically hit her.

And the damages to his career post op-ed is clear, so the question is can he prove it which is incredibly difficult but some of the witnesses called up have been pretty damning in how he was essentially dead in hollywood after the op ed.

Posters in this thread sound like ambers defense attorney and are deflecting to other issues like drug addiction and erratic behavior causing emotional damages. Hello the lawsuit we're talking about is about physical damages, thats the key.

Its a mostly male jury and ambers team have been such a mess I wouldnt be surprised to see this go johnnys way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    This threads a mess, shocker.

Its a defamation suit against her op-ed that called Johnny out for Domestic Abuse. It doesnt matter if hes a druggie weirdo, the point is did he physically hit her.

And the damages to his career post op-ed is clear, so the question is can he prove it which is incredibly difficult but some of the witnesses called up have been pretty damning in how he was essentially dead in hollywood after the op ed.

Posters in this thread sound like ambers defense attorney and are deflecting to other issues like drug addiction and erratic behavior causing emotional damages. Hello the lawsuit we're talking about is about physical damages, thats the key.

Its a mostly male jury and ambers team have been such a mess I wouldnt be surprised to see this go johnnys way.
    They were both awful to each other, and even Amber has admitted to hitting Johnny in a rage. Yes, she admitted to hitting him as well. They were both awful to each other. They were both mentally and physically abusing each other. Watching this trial is like listening to my friends retell their drama when they break up with their significant other. Just "He said, she said, he hit me, she hit me, she emotionally abused me, he emotionally abused me".

Also, hitting isn't the only thing that's important. I realize that from like 2000-2010 where we had a "renaissance" that domestic abuse was only applying to physical violence, and while physical violence is important to police, emotional violence towards a person is a very real thing. Mental and emotional trauma are one of the most common forms of permanent disability in the world. People lose out on things in life because of their emotional traumas. It sounds like these two were both awful for each other. They either need to both lose their job or both keep their job. I would be all too glad if this went Johnny's way because they both deserve the same punishment, whatever it is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Really wish I didn't know as much as I do now about all of this and watched.

Bottom line Johnny Depp has no case, regardless to meme's and speeches and screeching of his fans. I don't personally have anything for or against either.

This silly notion that some how Depp is the victim because he suffered consequences of his own actions and public opinion, very much like his rabid fans are wishing on Amber right now. The only thing I see is a tit for tat, and Johnny playing his best role yet.

That said Amber heard seems like a pretty horrible human being too. This trial is a farce and becoming a petri dish of what is wrong right now in the media.

And yes I am still a feminist and support the #MeToo Movement, but none of that has to do with this.

Amber Heard did NOT destroy Johnny Depp's career. He did that himself, with his drug use and pissing away money. That isn't to say he hasn't been wronged perhaps, but if the argument is that he was fired and couldn't find work because of statements made by Amber.

- - - Updated - - -

That has nothing to do with Amber and everything to do with his personal life. Every media company that hires anyone to represent their company is going have clauses that don't allow for certain perceptions of moral failings.

Which in and of itself is not an Indictment of Johnny Depp. It's image Disney didn't likely fire him simply because of Amber, they fired his ass because his personal life came in conflict with his job. Which was to play a Character that fucking entertains kids.

As for Amber Heard herself she is likely going to face the same set of circumstances, however none of this has any business in a court. This is about the personal and private life between two people. Both of which spiraled out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

And for anyone interested Johnny Depp has been a fucking train wreck for a long time, it really doesn't matter who said what about him years ago and weren't apart of his personal life intimately.

This is what his defamation case is about. Because he pissed away his money and reckless behavior like his idol came back to bite him in the ass.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...l-crisis-money
    Hey mate, would just like to clarify what this case is and isn’t about.

JD argues that AH defamed him, and he seeks financial damages from her at the sum of 50 million.

Now that means the case is about the following points:

- is there defamation?

For there to be defamation, the statements in the article need to clearly pertain to JD.

For there to be defamation, the statement needs to be a lie.

The first requirement seems quite settled, since neither the offense nor defense focusses much on it. In the public eye it’s also quite clear this is the case. The second requirement is tougher. Because JD is the claimant here, the burden of proof is on him to show that it is a lie. Proving a negative is near impossible though.

Because part of their fights were in the public eye, and JD wishes to prove he didn’t abuse AH, he needs to show it was her abusing him.

- were there damages as a result of the defamation?

Say the jury rules that defamation took place, how much money should AH pay to JD? That largely depends on how much he can prove it costed him. That’s why a large part of the discussion is about his pre-article status in the hollywood community.

Now personally I very much believe he lost his roles in pirates and fantastic beasts due to the alleged defamation. The question will be if he can make that argument convincingly enough.

10+ Year Old Account

Say the jury rules that defamation took place, how much money should AH pay to JD? That largely depends on how much he can prove it costed him. That’s why a large part of the discussion is about his pre-article status in the hollywood community.

Now personally I very much believe he lost his roles in pirates and fantastic beasts due to the alleged defamation. The question will be if he can make that argument convincingly enough.
    Defemation cases in the US are an uphil battle, in the snow.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

Public opinion. Depp is doing this to clear his name and making it televised is a good way to do so. So far it's been quite a success when it comes to public opinion.
    Even if the jury comes to a non-verdict it has done good so far.
    Considering all the testimony in favor of him and the testimonies against Heard he's already won, but we'll see when more of Heards witnesses / testimonies if that swings around.

Thing is, Depp's name was already in the mud, he would lose nothing by making it televised. Either it stays the same or he's clearing his name. Heard was against having the trial live for everyone... probably because she has everything to lose atm. In public opinion though, she already has.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No actually… we’re just arguing a psychologist might find something a previous therapist didn’t without that previous therapist being incompetent, as you asserted.

- - - Updated - - -

Her defense is out of their depth, but in the end, she’s gonna win the trial.

Not because she’s right. Because the burden of proof on defamation cases is impossibly high. He has to PROVE there was no abuse. Basically arguing a guilty until proven innocent position.

He likely doesn’t care if he loses though. What matters is if his reputation gets repared.
    Better to just tank Amber's reputation to be honest, she's a shit actress anyway and I seriously don't get why she gets cast. I'm sure they can find a better woman to fill her role in Aquaman 2. Then again, Hollywood likes to prop up abusers on the regular and that no one was held accountable for the Epstein bullshit is really telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Public opinion. Depp is doing this to clear his name and making it televised is a good way to do so. So far it's been quite a success when it comes to public opinion.
    Considering all the testimony in favor of him and the testimonies against Heard he's already won, but we'll see when more of Heards witnesses / testimonies if that swings around.

Thing is, Depp's name was already in the mud, he would lose nothing by making it televised. Either it stays the same or he's clearing his name. Heard was against having the trial live for everyone... probably because she has everything to lose atm. In public opinion though, she already has.
    Yeah, basically if he gets a verdict in his favor, he wins. If he doesn't, but manages to show he wasn't violent, he will still get sympathy I think and increase his rep. Heck, his addictions work in his favor, since he can hit up rehab and go down that path and show that he's learned his lessons but was never really that bad. The only way he really comes off losing in this is if there is proof of something that folks don't already expect from a star, really.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Better to just tank Amber's reputation to be honest, she's a shit actress anyway and I seriously don't get why she gets cast. I'm sure they can find a better woman to fill her role in Aquaman 2. Then again, Hollywood likes to prop up abusers on the regular and that no one was held accountable for the Epstein bullshit is really telling.
    Suddenly they cut most of her parts from Aquaman 2 but it's too late to completely replace her.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post

You're right, that might be the reason. Depp might have nothing to lose but so far I think he didn't gain anything either. It makes him look bad anyway, only in a different way. I don't judge him though, I don't know what happend I can only imagine how difficult the situation is to deal with.

It still eludes me why people find this shit interesting. To me it is a reflection of the worst in people. I mean, yeah, I do find stories of conquering your demons and cleaning up your life interesting and inspiring. However I see nothing in that and especially in deflecting attention towards other people's shit as way to make yourself look better. To me there's no light in this, only darkness.