Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, let's hope that crossfaction raiding will help with that. They still need to either change hall of fame to be community based, or do crossfaction guilds with 10.0 to make it work for mythic though.
    Honestly I fear it will just make the problem worse.
    Sure you will find raids easier, but without cross-faction guilds I fear it will just lead to more Alliance players leaving.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sure you will find raids easier, but without cross-faction guilds I fear it will just lead to more Alliance players leaving.
    Yeah, hence they should start to work on their spaghetti code asap.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'd say they should just abandon the guild concept and just find a way to migrate guild benefits into communities. They are the better designed social feature. I think far too much about guilds is hardcoded so making them cross faction will be hard, not to even consider things like letting people join multiple guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say they should just abandon the guild concept and just find a way to migrate guild benefits into communities. They are the better designed social feature. I think far too much about guilds is hardcoded so making them cross faction will be hard, not to even consider things like letting people join multiple guilds.
    That is true, though it might be a hard sell considering how much is associated with guilds, and how important it can be to some people.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wish they would tune back the difficulty a bit more from the start. The current trend of overtune everything for world first guilds and dumbing it down afterwards feels super bad. I rather take a somewhat easier, but more fun and better tuned tier than what we have right now. Sanctum was fine besides the painsmith wall though. And I guess Sepulcher right now after the Halondrus changes is tuned quite well, but still, it took us far too long to get here.
    First rule: don't fix what isn't broken. There are so many moving parts that any change may screw up things more. Currently world first is big show that draw a lot attention to WoW. World first guilds are too good and dedicated for intented Mythic difficulty. Buffing things always cause massive backlash, so if they are not sure they MUST overtune and later nerf things (same logic applies to various grinds in game).

Sure, they could think about some 'tournament' difficulty and make race more official, but that would detach it from whole game. Whole point is to inspire people to do harder stuff. But nerfing hardest content as patch progress was always a thing, so I don't see what's big issue in the first place. In general 'hardcore' core of game is solid, especially since in 10.0 player power related stuff will be as simple as it gets. Focus should be put elsewhere.

That is true, though it might be a hard sell considering how much is associated with guilds, and how important it can be to some people.
    Yeah I don't think there is any elegant solution that is not technically a mess. Perhaps they could do a transition where they first make all guilds also count as communities then slowly duplicate everything associated with guilds to communities behind the scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sure, they could think about some 'tournament' difficulty and make race more official, but that would detach it from whole game. Whole point is to inspire people to do harder stuff. But nerfing hardest content as patch progress was always a thing, so I don't see what's big issue in the first place. In general 'hardcore' core of game is solid, especially since in 10.0 player power related stuff will be as simple as it gets. Focus should be put elsewhere.
    I'd say their main thing is how much the World First Race "stimulates" the economy of the game (and their wallets).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd say their main thing is how much the World First Race "stimulates" the economy of the game (and their wallets).
    Don't be silly, how many guilds are so into this that they make gold debt, 10? 20? WoW is played by millions.

Not to mention I'm not sure how much tokens are involved, it they get gold through direct donations or as payment for boost, it has nothing to do with Blizzard. For sure I don't see any impact on WoW token price.

Eh, most of those are models already made by Blizzard. The few that are just reskinned WoW models almost all look back (the fossil elemental looks cool, I'll give them that).

Still, we do need Class customization. Much of what this player suggests is fucking hard and expensive; Blizzard would never just reskin sfx from frost into beer piss (which is not at all as easy as turning a slider in photoshop like that person did, thus their effect looking poor); they'd rebuild things from scratch to make them look good. The only things that might work are simply making more existing models available.
    Is it? I really don't think it is, especially regarding your statement that those models already exist. Customization is one of the easiest points to cash players on, too (if they'd want to).

- - - Updated - - -

I love the dracthyr, they are super cute. You don't have to like everything, that's ok.

But yeah, the glyph concepts are quite good.
    I think it's not about liking or disliking them, but about the effort they put into them. And you can clearly see it's not much. That's what players complain about and I think everyone has to agree on this topic. Copying existing models for the human form is bad enough, but then limiting them to two races that are already everywhere in the game? Lazy.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the dracthyr, they are super cute. You don't have to like everything, that's ok.

But yeah, the glyph concepts are quite good.
    I think you kinda said exactly why people dont like them..

"Cute" is not the word we should be looking for when thinking about playable dragons >.>

so season 4 is going to be shorter
    the average length according to the dev in an interview is 6-8 months so we have 4-5 months as a possibility
    we can guess that this season will only last 6
    that places season 4 ending in january
    the leak red shirt guy was linked says q1 release for 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    so season 4 is going to be shorter
    the average length according to the dev in an interview is 6-8 months so we have 4-5 months as a possibility
    we can guess that this season will only last 6
    that places season 4 ending in january
    the leak red shirt guy was linked says q1 release for 10.0
    The 4chan leak is less reliable than the Scaleface leak though, and Scaleface did say November.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The 4chan leak is less reliable than the Scaleface leak though, and Scaleface did say November.
    November would require a very short 3 month season, and for Season 3 to only be 6 months as well.

Q1 2023 seems a safer bet to me.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    November would require a very short 3 month season, and for Season 3 to only be 6 months as well.

Did they specify which November?

2022 is too soon, but maybe the expansion would be ready for November 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Did they specify which November?

2022 is too soon, but maybe the expansion would be ready for November 2023.
    That would be way too lazy, even for Blizzard. So far DF doesn't appear to have a scope that would warrant a 11-2023 release. Them pushing it out the door this year would even be more plausible, maybe with a delay into december again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

that leak had the same info

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    that leak had the same info
    Scaleface posted all his information (i.e. the name and class and some other facts) before the 4chan post was made.

Meanwhile, the 4chan post got the name of the class wrong (Invoker instead of Evoker), said there would be covenants for the Dragonflights (there aren't), said that the main characters would be Alexstrasza and Wrathion, when Wrathion really was only mentioned to be active in one zone, fails to mention Kalec or Khadgar (who is probably gonna be our actual main guide), and mentions Murozond as the villain when Scaleface said there is no real appearance towards the villain yet, but it seems to be Galakrond.

Scaleface is 100% legit and there is no doubt about it.

The only thing the 4chan leak got right were things Scaleface revealed himself hours prior to the post. Scaleface mentioned a talent revamp, Scaleface mentioned the names, the amount of zones was obvious given the last few expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Season 4 certainly won't be long though. All the loot changes hint at that, the affixes seem more in the players favour than being difficult, the most desirable reward is obtainable from LFR.

Season 4 will probably only be 4 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scaleface posted all his information (i.e. the name and class and some other facts) before the 4chan post was made.

Meanwhile, the 4chan post got the name of the class wrong (Invoker instead of Evoker), said there would be covenants for the Dragonflights (there aren't), said that the main characters would be Alexstrasza and Wrathion, when Wrathion really was only mentioned to be active in one zone, fails to mention Kalec or Khadgar (who is probably gonna be our actual main guide), and mentions Murozond as the villain when Scaleface said there is no real appearance towards the villain yet, but it seems to be Galakrond.

Scaleface is 100% legit and there is no doubt about it.

The only thing the 4chan leak got right were things Scaleface revealed himself hours prior to the post. Scaleface mentioned a talent revamp, Scaleface mentioned the names, the amount of zones was obvious given the last few expansions.
    Yup, chronologically, it seems like the 4chan leak was merely riding on Scaleface's post. I do hope for an additional Allied Race though.

Season 4 certainly won't be long though. All the loot changes hint at that, the affixes seem more in the players favour than being difficult, the most desirable reward is obtainable from LFR.

Season 4 will probably only be 4 months.
    That would already put you in 2023 though, as they won't release in Christmas week.

S3 only started end of February. Even if it is only 6 months, that would put S4 as starting in August.

I think if they had a chance to release in 2022 we would have gotten a release date.

I think if they had a chance to release in 2022 we would have gotten a release date.
    Maybe they wanted to avoid a repeat of last time. They clearly had projections that they could finish it a few months earlier for SL, but in the end they needed more, which just pissed alot of people off. I guess the big unknown is how painful the full talent overhaul will end up being for Blizzard, along with systemic changes to crafting.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.