Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    What's fun about it be specific.
    You need me to explain why something like a legendary weapon is fun to get?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

What's fun about it be specific.
    Fun is subjective - Some enjoy the journey, some the destination. Some love the visuals of a lego weapon, some the theme / lore. What a strange question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

can we agree legiondaries were the best?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You need me to explain why something like a legendary weapon is fun to get?
    Alright I assumed we were talking about crafted again my mistake if that didn't come across clearly.

As for weapons though since you brought them up. I personally just think they create more problems then they are worth as classes end up being balanced around them no matter their acquisition method. That or they are rather "meh" like sylvanas's bow

Quote Originally Posted by B01L View Post
    I just want some quality quest chains that allow me to update my Fangs of the Father to be relevant in future expansions...!
    Oh you .... But I wouldn't hold out any hope, they have stood the test of time that's for certain, Dragon Soul/Cata gear in general has.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Oh yeah it's so easy to just drum up 100k+ every patch when the base items upgrade.
    Yes it is. It is trivially easy. You literally have months and months to acquire the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Stop defending p2w it's weird.
    I am not "defending p2w". I never have. And if the day ever comes that WoW does become p2w, I'll be the first to make a big noise about it.

This is not p2w. The only weird thing here is people like you who think it is.

Alright I assumed we were talking about crafted again my mistake if that didn't come across clearly.

As for weapons though since you brought them up. I personally just think they create more problems then they are worth as classes end up being balanced around them no matter their acquisition method. That or they are rather "meh" like sylvanas's bow
    The crafted legendaries were garbage. If legendaries worked like their equivalent in Destiny, where they are spec-defining and you collect them and keep them forever through expansions, maybe it could be more interesting.

If you can have fun or you can have a level of balance that ultimately only impacts the top 0.2%, you should go for fun. The arms race between balance and content tuning is already a disaster in wow.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely LOVED the system in Legion. It made all content relevant, old raids etc, and every boss kill had that excitement of possibly getting a legendary.

Yes, I can imagine it sucked for high end mythic raiders, but those are a small percentage they shouldn't cater to anyway. For the avarage player, Legions system was so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.
    As an average player, yes it was really expensive, and yes, I can see how people pushing higher end raiding would feel the need to buy tokens unless they're already someone who sold runs and raked in obscene cash from that.

But on the lower end of raiding, I just used a lower tier legendary. It costs you a few item levels, but you can make up for them with your other gear. Main specs get the highest priority, off specs get whatever I can still afford. I'd say I probably spent about 200k gold on legendaries across all my alts.

I preferred this over the complete RNG aspect of Legion. The worst grind I had for a BIS legendary was one boss of one dungeon that I ran around 25 times. Would've helped to know higher difficulty meant higher drop rate. Still beat spending the entire Legion expansion and not getting the one I wanted until the last patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    can we agree legiondaries were the best?
    Pre-Wakening Essence - hell no.

7.3 Legendaries > 9.2 Legendaries -------------------------------------- > All other shitty iterations

Let legendaries be legendaries again. How can a item that everyone has and can easily craft become a thing of legend? I bought a spanner at some home-depot styled store. Can this also become a legend? "The spanner of a thousand screws"

What we need is actual legendary items. That are few and far apart. Not miscolored items everyone can get.

(yes, i know a spanner isn't used on screws, but mine is legendary so you can't argue that logic)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

7.3 Legendaries > 9.2 Legendaries -------------------------------------- > All other shitty iterations
    There were no other shitty iterations, though. Only Legion and SL were shitty, with Legion taking the shit crown by far.

Ditto, people memory hole the systems in legion pre 7.2/7.3, they were dog shit before that. Want to raid and and not be 20% damage behind same class, better hope you get the right leggo. Ohh you didn't? Well you are effectively locked out from getting any leggos in the next 40 hours of gameplay.

Legion is one of those strange expansions, the raids, dungeons, stories, etc were so good that people selectively forget how bad AP grind and leggos were for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think SL legendaries were very successful for blizzard. Definitely not for the players. I dont think the player was ever the focus of any benefit from these items. It was all about selling more tokens.
    I kind of dread the crafting revamp becoming the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    Every time someone tries to pass off their own opinion as a group consensus with "Can we agree that XXXX" it just boggles me. Can't you just be honest and write it as "Who here agrees with me that XXXX"?

Then in before ass numbers, the claim that nobody actually earns money they all buy tokens, then the claim that the OP somehow is FORCED to buy tokens, then the claim that legendaries are inordinately expensively when even the highest ones aren't and the reality that the largest part of their power is available from the lowest rank.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

i change any day a real legion legendary to the crap things in SL

The idea is cool, but the grind and time limited nature made it extremely unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Let legendaries be legendaries again. How can a item that everyone has and can easily craft become a thing of legend? I bought a spanner at some home-depot styled store. Can this also become a legend? "The spanner of a thousand screws"

What we need is actual legendary items. That are few and far apart. Not miscolored items everyone can get.

(yes, i know a spanner isn't used on screws, but mine is legendary so you can't argue that logic)
    I mean, if you're looking for a lore reason, all of our legendaries are crafted by the Primus who happens to make grey vendor-trash garbage like Frostmourne in his spare time.
    These items are on another tier of power in-universe, hence, legendary.

There were only a handful of legendaries which involved questlines actually. I'd argue the only epic questline was for Shadowmourne.
    Most of them were literally random drops despite being legendaries (anyone could get them as you would put it).

Now for the actual gameplay:

Crafting the legendaries was actually very good.
    Getting to choose the item slot and secondary stats was phenomenal, not seen before.

Getting the crafting ranks is horrendous.
    I tried getting rank 4 in 9.0 by farming myself but gave up halfway to rank 3. It wasn't worth it. I could make more gold in that time than I would be able to make with legendary bases.
    I think they should have widened the options for ranking up: maybe a weekly quest that gave X exp to all slots or a short quest chain after a rank up to level all other slots, idk. Raw material farming and crafting hundreds of useless pieces was def not the right way.

They solved this eventually but we should have been able to re-forge legendaries from day 1.
    At the time Torghast currency was limited and you spent lots of gold on legends. What if you wanted to re-make it for another slot or just new secondaries? Too bad.

Legendary powers dropping from bosses all over the place was also bad. Especially when it wasn't a 100% chance.
    Just make raid bosses/ end of dungeon bosses drop 1 token that you can exchange for a power.
    Yea, it doesn't really fit the whole "forgotten memory" thing, but it was very frustrating to have to farm Devos vs someone having to farm the first boss in ToP, as an example.

Legendaries needed to be more powerful overall.
    95% of them are just minor passive increases to damage/healing/tanking.
    They need to be more visibly powerful in a niche way so people have a reason to actually swap them around.
    I personally don't think that giving 15 legendary powers where only 1-2 are used is a good system. At least half of those should be swapped around according to content and the other half can be utility / fun.

No new convenient ways to craft legendaries as patches went on.
    Going to the runecarver in torghast is just way too much of a hassle. That's at least 2 loading screens to learn / craft 1 item. Granted, you don't do it much, but if I play alts and want to set them up for example it's just unnecessary travel.
    Why isn't the Primus available for crafting in Zereth mortis?

Those would be my immediate thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

I'm assuming you just skipped all the quest-text and didn't read a thing when you did the Q-line to free the Runecarver/Primus.

He's the dude who crafted Frostmourne.
    He's the dude who crafted the Helm of Domination.
    He's the dude who crafted the Plate of the Damned.

Do you know who used that gear? Full set worn by Arthas, full set minus Frostmourne was Bolvar.

He's the best crafter in the whole WOW universe basicly.

Just because the goals of the system didn't align with what you wanted doesn't mean it failed.
    Next time, take steps to get ahead of this. As some one who might frequent places like MMO-C that post news about these systems months in advance, you stood to actually make an enormous amount of money early on.

For me, even this late in the expansion, making money is very easy.
    The mission table does half the work, and the rest I do while playing.
    I have double gathering on my main, so while I'm waiting for groups to form I just fly around and gather and make a few thousand a day just by doing that.
    Then on top of the table, you are EASILY making far more money than you could spend, even if you are buying many legendaries.

Obviously what Blizzard wanted was to make professions matter to more people, and in that they succeeded. But this was not the best way to handle it, and what I do find a failure was how the rank system worked. Very poor implementation, and that is ultimately what causes crafters to lose money in the net.

If you are gathering the materials yourself though, you can make a ton.
    I made an easy few million in the opening weeks of Shadowlands on an alt and had the patterns set up for the rest of the expansion.

Only problem was I was required to do all the story and rep stuff on that alt too to be able to continue crafting through out the patches. That wasn't great, but that's all part of professions.

For Dragonflight, try to get ahead of this topic, so instead of complaining, you are benefiting from the knowledge others might not have.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV