Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 of best exp in wow history (TBC/wrath/MoP) had flying since start, only exp that is good with no fly at start is Legion and even that exp is still lower imo than both tbc/wrath and at most equal to MoP (which had best class design ever in wow history - talents)
    i don't understand why the f8ck they cripple flying and not build around?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    3 of best exp in wow history (TBC/wrath/MoP) had flying since start, only exp that is good with no fly at start is Legion and even that exp is still lower imo than both tbc/wrath and at most equal to MoP (which had best class design ever in wow history - talents)
    Oh so it has finally gone enough time so Mop turned to a good expansion.

Blizzard has already confirmed there will be regular flying later for convenience. They will never remove regular flying because when they tried they lost so many subs they had to do a 180. Activision is never going to allow the developers to remove regular flying. Devs don’t own this game and they can’t do whatever they want. If Activision tells them to put flying in the game they’re going to put flying in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    ok you can keep your opinion to yourself because I don't feel flying cheapen my experience. Sorry not sorry because you have the wrong opinion and don't know how to feel immersion and wanting to force your wrong ideas onto other people who wants agency.

- - - Updated - - -

You are something. I envy how you are so confident when you are wrong and don't know anything about wow and immersion.
    Here’s the thing though, and it’s a super important thing to note…

BLIZZARD said that it cheapens the experience and that’s not how they want people to experience the content. So you can disagree with this opinion all you want but when the dev says it does, and some players says it does, it’s safe to say it does in some fashion.

If you truly 100% honestly DONT think it changes or cheapens the experience at ALL then you should have no problem without it because it’s the same experience to you as you just admitted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Mop had a lot of fans from the start, I’m not one of them but it did. I don’t believe in the “time makes the expansion better” argument.

Imo tbc and wrath good, cata was bad, mop was decent, wod was god awful, legion was alright, then the rest were shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mop has always been one of the best expansions they ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    Nothing is stopping you from doing exactly that. You can keep fighting useless mobs that does nothing but slowing you down while i fly over and get my shit done in a timely maner.

Flying is a convenience added that make me able to cut down on useless travel time, through shitty terrain and mobs slowing you down for no reason. It makes me able to actually enjoy the game and play it in the limited playsessions i currently have instead of wasting my time getting from A to B

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from doing exactly that. You can keep fighting useless mobs that does nothing but slowing you down while i fly over and get my shit done in a timely maner.

Flying is a convenience added that make me able to cut down on useless travel time, through shitty terrain and mobs slowing you down for no reason. It makes me able to actually enjoy the game and play it in the limited playsessions i currently have instead of wasting my time getting from A to B
    Here’s the thing though, blizzard doesn’t want you to do that because that isn’t the experience they want you to have at the beginning of an expansion .

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Here’s the thing though, blizzard doesn’t want you to do that because that isn’t the experience they want you to have at the beginning of an expansion .
    And then there are flypaths that allows you do exact same thing just longer, thankfully alt-tab and borderless windowed mode is a thing.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    class design MoP is, lore is sh8t, didn't change
    MoP launch patch is one of worst, but it improved a lot over time
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And then there are flypaths that allows you do exact same thing just longer, thankfully alt-tab and borderless windowed mode is a thing.
    If that’s the exact same thing then why are people complaining about not being able to fly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    3 of best exp in wow history (TBC/wrath/MoP) had flying since start, only exp that is good with no fly at start is Legion
    Cataclysm had flying at the actual start as well, not just at close to max level like TBC and Wrath. Care to explain?

And that's exactly what they are doing. Just because you think that flying requires that you swim unimpeded through the air with no regards to physics, doesn't mean they are ignoring or crippling flight.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Blizzard is offering offering a more involved style of flying but you don't want that, do you?
    No, because if I did, I wouldn't be playing a game that added flying as a box feature of the 1st expansion pack. I would be subbed to the game they are straight ripping it off from.

Its not gonna be fun, hell it will probably be less fun than just using a ground in tank spec or with stirrups. I am not moving from point a to be because its fun, I am moving because there is something I actually want to do at point be, and anything between A and B is just tedium. Adding more shit between A and B is just boring irrelevant tedium.

If you want to faf about, more power to you. Do that, enjoy your guildwars 2 dragons. Personally I couldn't give a fuck about them though, except for the fact, I am once again, gonna be denied access to something I paid for in 2007
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    No, because if I did, I wouldn't be playing a game that added flying as a box feature of the 1st expansion pack. I would be subbed to the game they are straight ripping it off from.

Its not gonna be fun, hell it will probably be less fun than just using a ground in tank spec or with stirrups. I am not moving from point a to be because its fun, I am moving because there is something I actually want to do at point be, and anything between A and B is just tedium. Adding more shit between A and B is just boring irrelevant tedium.

If you want to faf about, more power to you. Do that, enjoy your guildwars 2 dragons. Personally I couldn't give a fuck about them though, except for the fact, I am once again, gonna be denied access to something I paid for in 2007
    You would think adding more ‘game’ to the game would be seen as positive, or at least the right direction. The current flying is serviceable but let’s not kid ourselves, flying from point a to point b alt tabbed and with your autorun on is not engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    You would think adding more ‘game’ to the game would be seen as positive, or at least the right direction. The current flying is serviceable but let’s not kid ourselves, flying from point a to point b alt tabbed and with your autorun on is not engaging.
    This happens every expansion. Literally out of all the things to complain about the god awful expansions we have been getting, the flying is probably close to if not at the very bottom of problems we should be whining about

This happens every expansion. Literally out of all the things to complain about the god awful expansions we have been getting, the flying is probably close to if not at the very bottom of problems we should be whining about
    I think mode of transportation is very important to talk about in open world games. Granted I agree, the flight argument always boils down to getting your dailies done faster.

This is also why I played Monk for the longest time, then missed it on my Spriest and landed on demon hunter. It’s a lot more fun bypassing obstacles or working with high mobility. Noclip flying always invalidated class options in the open world as anyone can now go above and get to the same place.

That said dragon isles will unfortunately step on those very same toes, but at least it seems that it’s way more engaging than what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I will never understand the pro-flying mindset. Yay, skipping all the danger on the ground by flying over it... So fun...

Dragon Riding feels more like an evolution of the flying mounts that you could rent in Northrend as zones like Storm Peaks were designed around flight. And from what they've said we can expect a lot of verticality in Dragon Isles zones as well.
    because its convenient. and its also a great feature when used in zones well like storm peaks

If that’s the exact same thing then why are people complaining about not being able to fly?
    because its essentially spending 1/3 of play time alt tabbed
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    What is this about? ^_^
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Have you ever stopped and listened to how stupid arguments like this are?
    Pretty much every living species is inclined to take the path of least resistance to achieve their goals. You might go for a nice stroll in the woods or a walk in the park, or walk to work in order to combine exercise and travel, but if you need to get anywhere quickly everyone will get in a car or on a bus, train or plane as long as the possibility exists.

No matter how many times you say that "you can stick to the ground if you prefer" or "dragonriding is still an alternative", in the long run everyone will default to flying by simple human nature so long as it is available. Sheesh, it's really not that difficult to figure out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Cataclysm had flying at the actual start as well, not just at close to max level like TBC and Wrath. Care to explain?
    legion didn't have flying, in fact legion (which is considered best modern exp) had flying for only ~ 8 weeks in relevant content (around 6-8 weeks after 7.2 launch up to 7.3 where flying was useless)
    not to mention thanks to WoD,BFA,SL, cata is no longer a bad exp, not even in worst 3 -.-
    and they are giving us glide, something that exist since at least WoD (u can count from classic with some class spells)
    Thrall