I mean you'd think that would be as easy as you know, fuck right out of a sovereign country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I mean you'd think that would be as easy as you know, fuck right out of a sovereign country.
    Edit: to Putin's comment about needing to avoid global war that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Sure beats my walking for a half a hour then buying a subway sub hangover cure
    I mean... he's guaranteed to never have any hangovers again, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    He did also claim the West was preparing to invade Russia.
    Well, supposedly he said "our historic lands, including Crimea" so it's entirely possible that he was calling "prompting Ukraine to join NATO" as the West invading historic Russian lands... a.k.a. Ukraine.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Putin looks rough and quite uncomfortable on his walk. I notice that only one arm is swinging, which happens to be a symptom of Parkinsons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Putin looks rough and quite uncomfortable on his walk. I notice that only one arm is swinging, which happens to be a symptom of Parkinsons.
    His arm movements have been a matter of debate for a long time, you can find some analyses on YouTube about it, ranging from it's Parkinsons to it's his KGB training.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think they meant LPR and DPR, which Russian troops (or Russian-backed separatists) do hold.
    But will they keep holding them?
    The problem with proclaiming you have the land bridge and calling it a day is that Ukraine has no intention of being ok with that and the war will continue until Ukraine has reclaimed those territories.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    But will they keep holding them?
    The separatists have held that land since 2014, so... it's not an unreasonable assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem with proclaiming you have the land bridge and calling it a day is that Ukraine has no intention of being ok with that and the war will continue until Ukraine has reclaimed those territories.
    I don't think anybody expects Russia to just "call it a day" if they solidify control of the land bridge, though.

Regardless, I don't think Russia has the means to pursue their goal for as long as Ukrainians can defend against it.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The separatists have held that land since 2014, so... it's not an unreasonable assumption.

I don't think anybody expects Russia to just "call it a day" if they solidify control of the land bridge, though.

Regardless, I don't think Russia has the means to pursue their goal for as long as Ukrainians can defend against it.
    I think its silly to pretend the current fighting is relatable to the pre-war skirmishes.
    Or do you think the separatists are a competent army then Russia?

Ukraine was going easy for years, because they didn't want to give Russia an excuse to invade (they did anyway) and because they were not getting flooded with Western weapons.

I don't see how you can say "they held it since 2014, surely they will hold it now" with a strait face.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, entire event was uneventful. No breakthroughs, what was expected to be said was said.

Meanwhile in Poland, Russian diplomats got paint to the face while trying to pay honours at Red Army monument:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-09 at 11:17 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Meanwhile an anecdote in Turku, Finland - went past a heavily vandalized russian consulate roadsign with a note: "9th of May 2022, we grieve the victims of war at 15:00".

Couldn't find out which side of the war they grieve, their own orcs...or ukrainians.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is really simple and as I mentioned before like umpteenth times.

1) Crimea goes to Russia.
    2) "Republics" stay up in the air like before the war.
    3) Some sort of reparations for sanctions relief scheme.

That would probably be best case scenario for Ukraine in the next several years, because it would mean Russia would clear off Mariupol and Kherson areas.
    That's back to square one if you do not count half of Ukraine having gotten wrecked in the meantime.

Air display at the parade was cancelled. Apparently due to the weather though they have still done flyovers with worse weather before.

Also, 3 Armata's were scheduled to take part in the parade, and 3 were seen in practice. However only 2 made it to the parade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, entire event was uneventful. No breakthroughs, what was expected to be said was said.

Meanwhile in Poland, Russian diplomats got paint to the face while trying to pay honours at Red Army monument:
    Saw that on live, one of guys who tried to defend him got punched in face. Police seemed confused and...not patricularly willing to try to hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That's back to square one if you do not count half of Ukraine having gotten wrecked in the meantime.
    That's all Ukraine can realistically get for next 2-3 years, until sanctions take effect and public "Z" fever in Russia subsides in face of mounting day-to-day troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Saw that on live, one of guys who tried to defend him got punched in face. Police seemed confused and...not patricularly willing to try to hard.
    Yea, shame we couldn't do this in my country as orc ambassador was sent back to orcland last month, probably took some iphones with him before he left.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's all Ukraine can realistically get for next 2-3 years, until sanctions take effect and public "Z" fever in Russia subsides in face of mounting day-to-day troubles.
    That's all that Ukraine can "realistically" get if you choose to ignore the enormous levels of sanctions being levelled at Russia as we speak. And if you choose to ignore that those will stay in place if Russia remains rigid in any attempted peace talks. And if you believe that those sanctions won't have any impact for "2-3 years".

Ironic that you talk about realism while ignoring a whole bunch of facts that are inconvenient for the narrative you're trying to paint.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    After months and months of bigger protests East Germanys government finally gave up. This happened all over the eastern bloc. It can happen again in ruSSia, just a question of how many Russians actually start asking themselves

LOL. Yea, right. Westerners still don't understand the species of ruski. Keep on dreaming.

And your example about eastern bloc... Jesus christ, my parents stood against russian tanks - because we're europeans, we didn't want to be like russians, we saw how fucking stupid and poor russian way of life is. We wanted to be like the western countries.
    Russians want to be russians. Hello? Ivan is a putin's bitch, Ivan's father was gorbachev's bitch, Ivan's grandfather was brezhnev's bitch, Ivan's great grandfather was Stalin's bitch and so on. I'm not joking, russians have the desire to be slaves in their DNA by this point. They need someone with a stick to tell them what to think. And if something's bad - they just shrug and go "what can you do" or find someone else to blame.
    Eastern bloc succeeded because they had memories of freedom. Can't have memories or understanding when you and your father and so on are someone else's bitches. Come on.

Hilarious, westerners assume russians are humans like them. Good luck mate. You have no idea what brainwashing and oppression for entire generations do. They can't even imagine they can be free, what would they do if you gave them freedom? They would fucking elect putin #2 again in 10 years tops

Eastern bloc countries knew what freedom is, they desired freedom, come on. Ordinary russian doesn't understand freedom or want it, come on. Seriously. The thought of applying easter bloc ways to russia is so mind-bogglingly stupid I'm never opening politics subforum again.
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-05-09 at 02:19 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's all that Ukraine can "realistically" get if you choose to ignore the enormous levels of sanctions being levelled at Russia as we speak. And if you choose to ignore that those will stay in place if Russia remains rigid in any attempted peace talks. And if you believe that those sanctions won't have any impact for "2-3 years".

Ironic that you talk about realism while ignoring a whole bunch of facts that are inconvenient for the narrative you're trying to paint.
    Tell that to Putin.

He is fully ready to handle it for said 2-3 years.

As I said, these sanctions will need time to work. That's the key reason to say what I say. Russia is not going to collapse in 3 months over this.

3 years is another story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So apparently ruskie ambassador in Poland got sprayed with paint by some Ukrainian journalist.

Seriously what did he expect in capital of country that accepted almost 2 milions of Ukrainians? That they will welcome him with flowers?

Seriously what did he expect in capital of country that accepted almost 2 milions of Ukrainians? That they will welcome him with flowers?
    Wouldnt be surprised if he did.

7+ Year Old Account
    So apparently ruskie ambassador in Poland got sprayed with paint by some Ukrainian journalist.

Unfortunately, I can already see a retaliation actions. Just like when few years ago Polish diplomats in Russia got "suddenly" mugged after their counterparts suffered some petty attacks. Russia is a state of mind.

Wouldn't be surprised if all this "paying honours" thing was a provocation to show how prosecuted poor ruskies are.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-09 at 03:17 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.