Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm counting irl days. Who gives a shit about arbitrary patch numbers.
    because patch content is how long u play, not rl time
    how many ppl actually stayed the entire 3.3 year playing (or for that matter, any end-game patch) after done what they want?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Jimabob View Post
    Classic apologists will never admit that the players are the problem and that not everything is the game or Blizzard's fault. People want more barriers to other people succeeding at the game, their ego can’t take that hit.

Classic WoW is hugely about flossing on people with your accomplishments and gear. The more people get to do that the less special it is.

Spamming trade chat with"LF TANK!!" is such an amazing experience and when the guy leaves mid run, you have hearthstone back to the main city and look for a person again.

People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.
    People wanted accessibility in 2012 aswell.
    Thing is people want to feel "special" for doing "hard" videogame content, they want to feel like they've "achieved" something.
    Which is why we have had such a tumorous growth of various pointless difficulty levels for dungeons and raids alike. Seriously you could prune heroic and normal mode from dungeons and i doubt anyone would genuinely notice. With raids it's only marginally more complex.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    ''People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.''

Then thats why you have Retail. Thats for you Casuals who have constant limited time. You lot of player types are the only ones upsets of this, no one else.
    It's funny cus when I played the Classic and BC Classic servers, everyone was just using an addon that essentially served the same purpose as an LFD tool. So I'm not entirely sure what the difference is here.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    "lfd made wow antisocial"

how the game was back in wotlk:

"lf tank for nexus daily"

"inv"

fly to dungeon, finish dungeon

"ty"

leaves*
    Lol, pretty much. The 'community aspect' of forming groups manually is seriously overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sadly, a lot (most) who use the LFG will click accept, rush through the place, port out. Not ven a single hello, but they might flame someone for making a mistake or for simply doing thigns differently to what is on their mind, a thing only they know because, of course, they can´t just write.

At least when you form a group there is a slight more personal approach to it, and people seem to keep slighlty more civil.

Unfortunately, we have several years of wow backing this up.
    I don't really see it that way. When I jump into a TBC 5 man right now thier is no conversation. If something goes wrong it's not civil.

Your "backing it up" is an unprovable falsehood unless you got insider data. I will use made up "proof" to say way more things go by without a single hitch in the RDF then thier is problems. You only hear about the problems though because people don't go to forums to say "did RDF and you know what.. went like it should".

Now I don't argue RDF has zero problems. Just that the problems aren't some catastrophic collapse of all things civil people try to make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    To be against Group finder is to want a higher quality multiplayer experience, instead of quantity I would personally prefer itnot being there, because if it is, It will be the meta cuz of how efficient it is as well as the 15% Buff when having a random team, making it hard to make groups normally, altho not impossible. and Making my own groups means I get to have a more fun and enjoyable times inside of the actual dungeon without giving out free boosts to people I don't know. not gonna be too upset if it was in the game, Dungeons are only a small part of the game and them being completely ruined is definitely sadge, but so be it.

Basically I just don't want you in my group, and people like you, and I lose the ability to Control that with LFG, it's not that I don't want you to enjoy ur experience in the game, I want you to have a great time, just not at my expense, you feel me?

- - - Updated - - -

Which isnt half of classic* FTFY

Also in all fairness, it was less than half, counting in The insane duration ICC was out is definitely unfair, and pre-patch as well. all time is not equal, stagnant end of expac time =/= New fresh release time
    It's just a wotlk dungeon get over yourself lol
    you seem to have given heroic dungeons alot of thought and alot of people don't, you are abnormal

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Lol, pretty much. The 'community aspect' of forming groups manually is seriously overblown.
    100% agree.

People pretend like thier is some social database where everyone's history gets reviewed, while flying there a big game plan of boss to boss strategies is going down, then while clearing trash people are bantering about the wife and kids before getting to a boss when it gets serious again. Then at the end everyone is exchanging friend list and btag invites so they can keep in touch and find out about future boss strategy discussions or maybe see if that pie the wife was baking turned out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    They could have just taken the middle ground.
    Normal dungeons being able to queue, HC's need full group and not able to queue (like mythics in retail)
    thats because blizzard doesnt want people queueing into hard dungeons. heroics in wrath are a joke. you will spend more time forming the group than doing the dungeon.

who used lfd in wotlk anyway, it came out in 3.3 when people was with ilvl miles ahead of what hcs dropped, and not even the daily heroic was that worth to do by the people that was "affected" by a lfd being introduced.

lfd is supposed to be bad and the fact is that nobody uses it outside of alt leveling and the first 2 weeks of the expansion in retail

To be against the dungeon finder is to be against easier access to group content in a multiplayer game...
    Retarded argument that goes against reality.
    Reality : if you want the dungeon finder, it means you don't want to actually engage with other players in a multi-player game and want instead automate grouping to not need social interaction in a multiplayer game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    now... I do not remember whether they added cross server group finder in wrath or later. but I do remember that when they originally added it in wrath, it was server only
    Nope, you remember wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Once again a very tiny minority who screams and whine a lot forced Blizzard to do unpopular things like removing RDF.
    Reminds me the "wall of no" about Classic, and we know how this ended up.

[QUOTE=sam86;53757907]No, I still mental beat my stupid a88 for how 'happy' i was for LFG, and then see myself how it destroyed wow social
    No, if anything i wish it to be REMOVED from retail, i won't sign for random dungeon at 2am but screw it i want the M part of MMO back and remove LFG will help a LOT

I'm old player. i know that even as tank once u cross the crowded hours u can't do ur daily hc, but the price is too high, i also recall ppl actually caring and talking to each others, something that lfg destroyed then came token to bury it
    I want both LFG and token to be removed from wow and never return, want to do ur hc? log 8 pm not 3 am.

You, and this kind of attitude is exactly what's wrong with WoW. The "I don't like it, it should be removed from the game" crowd is the problem. Same goes for the "I hate flying crowd".

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Retarded argument that goes against reality.
    Reality : if you want the dungeon finder, it means you don't want to actually engage with other players in a multi-player game and want instead automate grouping to not need social interaction in a multiplayer game.
    You are saying that advocating for a tool which makes it easier to group with other players means I don't want to engage or interact with those players. The logic of that argument is mysterious to say the least...

I'll tell you what the reality is: Spamming chat channels begging for groups sucks balls.

I am just leveling a new char in TBCC and finding groups for leveling dungeons was/is such a pain in the ass. I literally had to look for groups for several days and just stopped doing it despite me really wanting to experience some of the old dungeons in Classic again. This continues to be an issue even in Outlands although it got a little bit better there.

I do not need to be teleported right to the dungeon. I just want a working tool with some convenience to build groups outside of the dumb LFG and/or Trade Spam. This tool could even start looking for mates on the own server and only expanding after X minutes also to other servers. Maybe similar to how the LFG-feature works in retail for the M+ dungeons.

Because despite all the hate for LFD, if you do not find a group at all, that's even a less social experience than a LFD-social experience.

And let's be honest, the dungeon experience in WotLK was all about the quick token farming and not the challenge provided by the dungeon. I personally liked that, so I could easily gear alts. You can always work towards something and make some progress. I do not need a challenge in everything that I do in WoW. I work 40 hours a week - I just want some quick relaxing things to do after work which provide me some ingame benefit. If I want to face a challenge I will go into the higher raid difficulties.

Okey.

Thats.

Just sad imho that should never ever be a situation becoming real on a very high pop server.

- - - Updated - - -

Just play Retail like i said...

Gosh.

If you do not have time to make a group yourself from square zero via Public Channels ala how it was over a decade ago, Classic is not for you. Play Retail.

- - - Updated - - -

No i am not, you are dumb or you don't even think before you wrote back to me. I am just saying if you have very limited time, then Retail is there for you.
    Wait? You seriously think classic and tbc has the hardcore players lmao. Both of then are 100x more casual than retail atm. Not even remoty close.

Classic consists of different expansions with different features. If people want to play vanilla or TBC for the non-LFG experience then that's totally valid. If they're looking for a non-LFG experience in Wrath then they're looking for a game without patch 3.3.0, which means no ICC, no PoS, no PoS, no HoR. a patch which was half of Wrath's lifespan. In other words, they want an experience which isn't Classic.
    Blizzard has already made it very clear that the idea of classic as a museum for nostalgia is out the window. It's been out the window for a long time, mostly because it is a bad idea and nostalgia fades quickly. Classic is about providing an old school MMO experience for players that dislike the design principles of modern WoW. Nostalgia brings people in to check it out at the beginning, but it does not keep players around.

And stop pretending that "half the expansion" meant it was around for tons of content. Classic WoTLK is not goin to arbitrarily hang around for a year after ICC. The reality is that if they attempted to mimic WoTLK then the tool would be in for 1-2 phases. You'd get it for maybe 1/4th of classic WoTLK.

I understand that you have this idea in your head that Classic is meant for nostalgia and it is so you can go experience the glory days, but the reality is that everyone that goes in for that reason is gone in two months. The people that stick around and pay the bills are the players who want an old school MMO experience. That's why Blizzard has been cagey about what to do after WoTLK. They know that as you require feature parity with classic, the appeal goes away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I think its fairly split between people that want it, people that don't.. and then probably the majority that just don't really care either way.

- - - Updated - - -

I find this an interesting take. To keep it real and be classic like the solution is to open up the shop.. slide your credit card... and get it done that way.

Activities do not make people toxic or not. How you get to activities does not make people toxic or not. People are toxic or not if they are actually toxic people. For every horror story of toxicity happening in the RDF or any other thing in the game 100s probably go by without a hitch. That is just the reality of the situation.
    That's bogus. Game design encourages or discourages toxicity.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

People want to shoot themselves in the foot by blocking group finder, but allowing the manual LFG tool like on retail. Group finder was added however in like 3.3.x, my guess is by then people will be fine to have it in as it will greatly facilitate alts.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Blizzard has already made it very clear that the idea of classic as a museum for nostalgia is out the window. It's been out the window for a long time, mostly because it is a bad idea and nostalgia fades quickly. Classic is about providing an old school MMO experience for players that dislike the design principles of modern WoW. Nostalgia brings people in to check it out at the beginning, but it does not keep players around.
    ---------
    I understand that you have this idea in your head that Classic is meant for nostalgia and it is so you can go experience the glory days, but the reality is that everyone that goes in for that reason is gone in two months. The people that stick around and pay the bills are the players who want an old school MMO experience. That's why Blizzard has been cagey about what to do after WoTLK. They know that as you require feature parity with classic, the appeal goes away.
    No, that's not quite how I see it. I'm not a no changes purist. I'm just against dumb and pointless changes like this one. You are making the same mistake as Holly Longdale by suggesting that Classic players are this unitary bunch who all play for the same reason and who have the same philosophy towards the game. When they first announced Classic, one of my first thoughts was, "Wrath Classic when???" Never played vanilla so didn't care much about that. TBC I was definitely interested in, but Wrath is the big one. Wrath is the Classic I've been waiting for. I've heard similar from Classic players who are treating current Classic as a sort of waiting room/early taste for what's to come.

Dungeon finder was an integral part of my gameplay when it was implemented. It was so cool to have such quick and easy access to dungeons, it made the game better for me. The first half of the expansion I was just levelling characters and taking my sweet time doing whatever, but after 3.3.0. I was farming those emblems on all my characters. That was Wrath for me. That was the Classic I was looking forward to. And now they remove a tool that helped make the game so fun to play. It's so disappointing.

''People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.''

Then thats why you have Retail. Thats for you Casuals who have constant limited time. You lot of player types are the only ones upsets of this, no one else.
    Just play retail is a stupid suggestion, retail is not even worth the sub money, some want to play LK because its a much much better game and worth it (and some of the classic servers populations are so messed up its possible not to get groups together *friend started on, I think Westfall horde and its a ghost town so unless you guys want to play for everyone else's server transfer not having a group finder is a crappy idea).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-05-09 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Just play retail is a stupid suggestion, retail is not even worth the sub money, some want to play LK because its a much much better game and worth it (and some of the classic servers populations are so messed up its possible not to get groups together *friend started on, I think Westfall horde and its a ghost town so unless you guys want to play for everyone else's server transfer not having a group finder is a crappy idea).
    I can support this point of view. I do not wanna play retail. Why? Because I do not like the content there. My favorite specc of all time (Ranged Survival) is not in the game anymore. So if I want to play it, I have to stick to classic - which I am completely fine with.

But I also want convenient tools to build groups - it does not need to be fully automated as it was back then but it needs to provide a significantly better functionality than the LFG/Trade-Spam game.

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    "lfd made wow antisocial"

how the game was back in wotlk:

"lf tank for nexus daily"

"inv"

fly to dungeon, finish dungeon

"ty"

leaves*
    Also the reality of LFD

press Find Group and wait 10 minutes
    join the group
    it's Occulus