It's a shame that it was only a bug of the WoWhead preview ability, but I really would have loved if Dracthyr (and trashgnomes to be fair) had the ability to mog pants and gloves in such a way that only the 3D elements were shown. Same for the chest piece for Dracthyr.

It would probably look horrible for most pieces, and it might be a nightmare to program, but it would be something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    November would require a very short 3 month season, and for Season 3 to only be 6 months as well.

Q1 2023 seems a safer bet to me.
    My bets are on a 5 month S3 and 4 month S4.

Thanks @Hitei for using decent logic in defense of the Dracthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard did allow us to transmog each shoulder seperately in 9.1 so it is clear they are willing to put in some work to make things a little more modular. Expanding that would require work but it may be something Blizzard is fine with or something that can be a side project or something. It does seem like it would be more complicated to make sure all armor still looks right then hiding one shoulder.
    Hardly. Any shoulderpiece will already look correct if you simply mirror it, and most were symmetric to begin with. It's a far different effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If it was encrypted, we could read no texts from it.

So it is unfinished.
    Unless they messed up the encrypting, so parts of it are readable. Which is what happened. Besides, there is no reason it couldn't be both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Druids spend all their time in druid form and they get customization for their form once in a blue moon. Maybe evokers will get something similar.

I still think they should be able to wear tier though.
    That's probably my number one fear for Dragonflight right now... that the Drac'thyr race is a glorified Druid form, with the Visage form being a horrible consolation prize.

I want to be the dragon class to play a dragon. And show my armour off, like any other class/race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    That's probably my number one fear for Dragonflight right now... that the Drac'thyr race is a glorified Druid form, with the Visage form being a horrible consolation prize.

I want to be the dragon class to play a dragon. And show my armour off, like any other class/race.
    I mean, you can show off your stuff in visage form no probs. And in battle? Who pays attention to your fellow DPSer gear mid combat?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, you can show off your stuff in visage form no probs. And in battle? Who pays attention to your fellow DPSer gear mid combat?
    I don't plan to ever be in an Elf-adjacent knockoff transformation. I want to be a dragon. That's the appeal of the class, straight from the mouths of the developers. Unless they're going to give me the option of orchestrate the downfall of nations from the inside, I see no reason to transform into an Elf form.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is true. For whatever reasons I notice what WoW PCs look like in combat drastically less than I do in other MMOs even. Out of combat it's as normal. Not sure exactly why that is - I think the lighting and odd staccato animation in WoW is part of it. Oh that and the 1-1.5s GCDs meaning you have less time to breathe than in say FFXIV. That's actually probably the main thing.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't plan to ever be in an Elf-adjacent knockoff transformation. I want to be a dragon. That's the appeal of the class, straight from the mouths of the developers. Unless they're going to give me the option of orchestrate the downfall of nations from the inside, I see no reason to transform into an Elf form.
    Last i checked dragons in wow don't wear armour that much. Kalegcos f.e. wears only wrists in his new dragon form. Why would you want to have armour on your drake form besides the bits blizzard already said they would allow?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is true. For whatever reasons I notice what WoW PCs look like in combat drastically less than I do in other MMOs even. Out of combat it's as normal. Not sure exactly why that is - I think the lighting and odd staccato animation in WoW is part of it. Oh that and the 1-1.5s GCDs meaning you have less time to breathe than in say FFXIV. That's actually probably the main thing.
    Yeah, the game is super fast paced and in raids/m+ you don't have the time to look at others transmog lol. Besides that, usually your screen is full with weak auras and other stuff during combat anyways, which also doesn't help with that.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's also something that rather irritates me as a complaint. You're in battle, pay attention to the f-ing fight, not your neighbors hot dress.

Don't know if it was mentioned on the last pages, but WotLK Classic beta will start in the next 2-3 months, bringing its release date to - as a surprise to no one - roughly November 2022, which is WotLKs 14th birthday.

https://massivelyop.com/2022/05/09/w...r-this-summer/
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Don't know if it was mentioned on the last pages, but WotLK Classic beta will start in the next 2-3 months, bringing its release date to - as a surprise to no one - roughly November 2022, which is WotLKs 14th birthday.

...wasn't that release window already announced?

But I want to stay in dragon form, and also look great doing so.
    Imagine if Worgen didn't get full customization options just because human form existed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's also something that rather irritates me as a complaint. You're in battle, pay attention to the f-ing fight, not your neighbors hot dress.
    I want to look great in all aspects of the game. If the idea is just to look great when AFK then why have transmog at all?

Besides, my character looking good is often what keeps me sticking to it, and that includes combat. If Dracthyr will be stuck in a form that doesn't have much transmog then I don't think it will hold my attention long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Last i checked dragons in wow don't wear armour that much. Kalegcos f.e. wears only wrists in his new dragon form. Why would you want to have armour on your drake form besides the bits blizzard already said they would allow?
    This would be an excellent point if they overtly made typical dragons playable. But they deliberately went with a humanoid redesign. This isn't a "drake form." It's their natural humanoid state. Just like Worgen showing their armour in their cursed form, so too should Drac'thyr in their true appearance. It's not an NPC where designs can be permissibly muted and compromised - this is a full-fledged playable race, that should have an implementation equitable to the existing playable selection.

Now, I completely understand if they can't get certain pieces to work. But it seems like they're working from the assumption that nothing would display and working their way upwards instead of starting with the goal of having all armour work, and trimming what doesn't work as we go. If Tauren can somehow wear helmets, I'm sure they can come up with a solutions or two here.

7+ Year Old Account
    This would be an excellent point if they overtly made typical dragons playable. But they deliberately went with a humanoid redesign. This isn't a "drake form." It's their natural humanoid state. Just like Worgen showing their armour in their cursed form, so too should Drac'thyr in their true appearance. It's not an NPC where designs can be permissibly muted and compromised - this is a full-fledged playable race, that should have an implementation equitable to the existing playable selection.

Now, I completely understand if they can't get certain pieces to work. But it seems like they're working from the assumption that nothing would display and working their way upwards instead of starting with the goal of having all armour work, and trimming what doesn't work as we go. If Tauren can somehow wear helmets, I'm sure they can come up with a solutions or two here.
    Tbf I wish Tauren couldn't wear helmets ingame. Would spare us from some horror transmogs.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Tbf I wish Tauren couldn't wear helmets ingame. Would spare us from some horror transmogs.
    Even if it looks horrible it is better to have the option. Worst case you have to permanently keep your helm hidden, but then you sometimes get helms that actually look great, or even have transmog specifically designed to look great on Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, the players should have the freedom to decide what they like and what they don't. But I am completely willing to compromise on Drac'thyr - cloaks are obviously out, boots and gloves might be tricky, helms might be hit-or-miss... but I'd like to see an effort made. The seem to have resigned themselves to a minimal goal from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Yeah 2022 release for WotLk Classic was confirmed in the reveal. Dunno how people still think thwy couls cram DF yo the same launch window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    But I want to stay in dragon form, and also look great doing so.
    Then you are between a rock and a hard place. I can understand the sentiment of playing races that appeal to you and I'm also a sucker for transmog, but if you don't like how Dracthyr transmog works, you will either have to not play one or accept it.