Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    People get bored because they play too much, then they confuse that with the expansion being bad.
    Weak attempt to blame the player.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Island Expeditions and Warfronts were underwhelming and not worth doing besides the rotating cache.

2. Azerite pieces were a worse form of Artifact weapons where a trait could make a higher ilvl piece a worse item. Also pretty much no choice in the options since obviously people will try to mix-max. Almost all issues with it would have been solved by moving the azerite traits to the neck and making all the nodes set in stone instead of random.

3. For the azerite necklace you'd need to do PvP or old content for the right powers just to be competitive in PvE. Having to do content you normally wouldn't has been unpopular for years.

4. Visions were OK and sometimes even fun but felt mandatory/forced due to:

5. The cloak was boring and only made visions (which you did for the cloak) and 1 or 2 bossfights doable.

6. Corruptions. They did way too much damage to be fair in PvP (a single proc could kill a full HP player) and the items and effects were too much of an RNG drop with no way to target gear besides raiding.

7. The weekly chest contained a single item and if it didn't have a good corruption then your efforts to push for a good ilvl drop were wasted.

8. Visions were OK but in the end only served to support the other 7 points which were already not great.
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2022-05-09 at 12:15 PM.

BfA took the core features of Legion, and somehow managed to make them all worse.

M+ growing out of it's infancy with streamlined, same length instances, azerite items replacing artifact weapons where the latter simply grew better over time while azerite items required you to get the right piece every time they increased the itemlevels. The mission table system was dumbed down to nothing, while offering no rewards worth sending missions anyhow. Gold rewards were heavily nerfed, and the two new major features of BfA - Warfronts and Island Expeditions - were just boring things you did (or did not) with little impact on player power.

And BfA also did lack the sheer content Legion had, with 12 more or less different class campaigns throughout the entire xpac, additionally to some questionable and in SL reverted gameplay changes like putting many buffs on the global CD.

I can’t speak for gameplay because I am a filthy casual who treats the game as a lore themepark, but I think people are really unfair to BFA Lore. Don’t get me wrong: the war narrative and anything to do with Sylvanas was nonsense, because it simply aped the Garrosh story but refused to reveal Sylvanas motivations. Add to that the fact that two major villains were rushed through to serve this terrible overarching story and its easy to forgot that Kul Tiras and Zandalar have the richest and most beautiful lore this side of Pandaria.

7+ Year Old Account
    To me personally it was due to the following factors:
    -The Heart of Azeroth was a boring replacement for the artifact weapons.
    -Most classes and specs felt clunky and slow after Blizz introduced longer GCD and removed certain abilities.
    -The story was not interesting.
    -Island Expeditions were so far away from exploration focus you could come making them a pull everything and AOE them down fest. I loathe them even to this day.
    -Arathi warfront was imo fun, Darkshore was not.
    -Naszjatar was grey grey grey. Mechagon was brown.
    -Separating the two continents making it clunky to go from one to the other has the same problem SL zones do. It doesn't feel connected and you had to technically pause your gameplay.
    -Horde had no idea what was going on in Kul'Tiras and vice versa. Visiting the zones at max level for a few WQ felt hollow since you didn't really know the story of the land. Alliance also had no idea what was going on in Uldir.
    -Azerite armour sucked balls and it felt punishing to get new gear.
    -Nazmir. Fuck that place.
    -Most of the music was meh.
    -Wasting both N'zoth and Aszhara in the same xpac when they could easily hold their own.
    -Nyalotha not being a zone.
    -No proper tier sets
    -Mounts in general being rather lackluster
    -RNG based achievements. I still don't have my crab due to the match 3 gems quest I need never spawns.

What I did like:
    -Allied races
    -Zandalari and Vulpera, their zones and music.
    -Uldum and Vale being revisited.
    -Warbringer cinematics
    -Horrific visions
    -Seeing Wrathion again
    -Cool and well made cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    the same thing with higher resolution but it doesn't belong to the warcraft universe? this is ridiculous...
    I think it’s more than res though. The one on the right has no threatening behaviour to it. If I were to pick one that looks feral and dangerous, it would be the left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    I can’t speak for gameplay because I am a filthy casual who treats the game as a lore themepark, but I think people are really unfair to BFA Lore. Don’t get me wrong: the war narrative and anything to do with Sylvanas was nonsense, because it simply aped the Garrosh story but refused to reveal Sylvanas motivations. Add to that the fact that two major villains were rushed through to serve this terrible overarching story and its easy to forgot that Kul Tiras and Zandalar have the richest and most beautiful lore this side of Pandaria.
    I agree. Specially on the alliance side. They had some great stories on that island.

because they took the folder called /artifactweapon and renamed it to /azeritearmor and then to /covenants, and called it a new game very time

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    [LIST][*]The lore did not make any sense. Trees don't burn
    I only read the first line and already know everything else is BS.

"Trees...don't....burn".

They are made of fucking WOOD.

I liked BFA, but it was not an expansion that played nice with anyone taking a break. 8.0 was probably rough but I lucked out on BiS azerite traits early, but once the vendor for that was added it was cool. Corruptions once they added that vendor was amazing and fun as hell, and Essences were a really fun system to use.

A lot of the armor sets were also pretty based (esp season 1 and 2 elite pvp/warfront).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I only read the first line and already know everything else is BS.

"Trees...don't....burn".

They are made of fucking WOOD.
    While true, living trees are also soaked with water inside, so lobbing a few balls of fire from a catapult isn't gonna be enough to make a giant tree like Teldrassil catch fire.

They could of course have made shamans use magic and have it be superfire but they didn't so it looks silly.

Horrible character progression until 8.2 when Essences were added, meaning roughly one year of absolute horrible Azerite gear. The Alliance zones were considerably worse than the Horde counterparts when it comes to story and story progression. World quests have been horrible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

One belongs to the Warcraft universe. The other belongs to a tumblr cartoon. You tell me which is which.
    Jesus Fucking Christ.

Why did you show me this? Now i know why something was feeling off with the WoW Art Direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    People get bored because they play too much, then they confuse that with the expansion being bad.
    Oh so that’s why everyone left wow? Because they played too much. Wow that’s crazy I never would have thought

Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    Jesus Fucking Christ.

Why did you show me this? Now i know why something was feeling off with the WoW Art Direction.

this is the most bottom barrel thing to complain about. nothing is "off" with the wow's art direction lmfao. its the same style. except one of them was released in a 2004 game (so, obv, worked on before that, 2001-2-3). While the other was released more modern.

Let me reiterate. The style on the right, IS the style on the left, that was possible back in the day. Since warcraft 3, since before this MMO was a twinkle in Morheim's eye, WoW has always had a cartoony art style. For this OP image linking post to compare a vanilla wow model to "tumblr cartoon" is somewhere between irony and straight ignorance. You're just witnessing the difference in 20 years of technology. There is virtually zero change in "direction" happening here. If you're mistaking the left as "not cartoony", then the real thing is the ugliness is mistaken for art style when really graphics were just ugly back then universally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    mostly bcs it was current, wait a while and it will be amazing expansion, like some consider wod by now...
    exept wod was never considered bad in the same way bfa was,people complayed about wod being half an expanion,apexis being useless but not mandatory,and garrisons not being what was promised

no ammount of time will make people look back at bfa and think it was good,because it objectivly wasnt good,it was only decent at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    On top of that, Afrasiabi did an absolute bad take on Sylvanas and it took us almost all of Shadowlands to make up for it. Oh and he also wasted Rastakhan, Saurfang, N'zoth and Nazjatar. BfA was a dumbster fire for lore, and while people hate on Shadowlands, atleast it was a fresh take and they didn't rape characters that much lol.
    ? It was not made up in SL, it got even worse lol.

Remember, the Sylvanas everyone liked effectively died in SoD
    Yes yes, Body is "alive", split personality yadayada, but lets be honest: The current Sylvanas is effectively another person entirely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    ? It was not made up in SL, it got even worse lol.

Remember, the Sylvanas everyone liked effectively died in SoD
    Yes yes, Body is "alive", split personality yadayada, but lets be honest: The current Sylvanas is effectively another person entirely.
    I love her redemption arc - it made up for the shit we had to endure with BfA.

And yes, I'm glad we got the heroic Sylvanas back with 9.2 instead of whatever Afrasiabi created during BfA.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I liked BFA, but it was not an expansion that played nice with anyone taking a break. 8.0 was probably rough but I lucked out on BiS azerite traits early, but once the vendor for that was added it was cool. Corruptions once they added that vendor was amazing and fun as hell, and Essences were a really fun system to use.

A lot of the armor sets were also pretty based (esp season 1 and 2 elite pvp/warfront).

- - - Updated - - -

While true, living trees are also soaked with water inside, so lobbing a few balls of fire from a catapult isn't gonna be enough to make a giant tree like Teldrassil catch fire.

They could of course have made shamans use magic and have it be superfire but they didn't so it looks silly.
    Umm. Youve abviously never been around a forest fire when it gets going. It does not matter if it is dead or alive. It burns the same. Also you need to remember a lot of the buildings were made from wood. Dead wood that was cut up.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    First of, I played Wow until the end of 2018. Meaning that I only played BFA in the first raid tier. I was able to kill Mythic Zul with my guild, and tried the island expenditions, the new allied race, and the warfronts.

I remember that I really enjoyed the expansion, I quit just because I got a new job and wow was very time consuming.

So, I really want to know why BFA was so hated. I have read enough information about why Shadowland was considered the worst WOW expansion, but I havent see much information why BFA was hated too.

Thanks
    I guess, it's easier to compare it with SL now, than with previous xpacks. It was little bit better, than SL, but only because I liked expeditions and invasions. Expeditions were kind of endless no-brain casual content, especially by the end of xpack, when overgear allowed us to simply solo them. But it was still disappointing, because when you learned, that killing rares and opening chests weren't affecting your rewards at all, you lost all motivation to do anything else, than just zerg mobs. Invasions had great value for alts, as they provided great gear and weapon transmogs. May be leveling also wasn't so bad, as it is in SL. Everything else was as terrible, as in SL. Xpack was very casual/alt-unfriendly, leaving me with nothing to do. Later patches also were bad instead of "fixing" game, as it was usually happening in previous xpacks. Looks like, Blizzard intentionally tried to keep game as hardcore, as possible. I don't like sandbox content like Mechagon. It's about circling around location while camping RNG spawns. Boring as hell, especially without flying. Nazjatar was extremely overtuned. Or may be it happened due to broken borrowed power systems, that required new/returning player to grind ton of obsoleted content first just to catch up. Overall I liked corruption system. But content itself was terrible. I hadn't even imagined before that moment, that it was possible to break content so much, that even flying couldn't help. Overcrowded locations and exceeding competition were overwhelming. Plus lots of server lags, caused by overcrowding. And visions just didn't suit me. It was first rogue-like experiments and I don't like rogue-like genre due to apogee of grind and lack of goal. But they were mandatory due to cloak progression requirement.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-05-09 at 02:51 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Personally I found BFA much better than SL. SL repelled me so strongly I couldn't stomach playing by mid December 2020, even though I had more than two months left on my sub. It pushed the game far below what I'd consider to be minimally acceptable. It was just remarkable at how much I found SL drained all traces of fun from the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account
    The Zandalari carried the whole expansion on their backs
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

It was... a bit exhausting tbh.

First Warfronts and Islands.

Warfront, tbh, i really liked. You did them once every two weeks and i tried a few different paths and that was that. Biggest problem was, that they over promised on the system. It was waaaaaaaaaaaay to easy.

Islands was fun a few times until you learned you should just take a blood dk pull the ENTIRE Island and bomb it down. That was it. It was boring, repetetiv and basically mandatory if you want to do anything above flr.

Essences. FUCK i was so annoyed that i had to play PvP. I HATE pvp in wow. Like utterly despise. And the only thing they got was a bunch of people forced into pvp making everyone miserable.
    The gear... no automatic reforging with spec change. So everything had to be farmed again and again and again. Also 9/10 of the traits where boring and stupid while the other one was mandatory becuase it was OP.
    AP... nuff said.
    Corruption was allright imho. Way to powerfull. Like doing up to 70% of your dmg powerful. But the concept was interesting and you got what you need at a certain point while also having to juggle the amount of corruption you were comfortable with while also not wiping the raid.

Vision i really liked. Never got the hate. I loved playing alone with different not optimal classes to try to finish the hardest visions. And honestly i don't think i ever had that much fun outside of dungeosn an raiding in wow. NEVER undertsood the hate for it.