Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think the Fel Orcs will join the Horde?

I think that they would fit perfectly during BF, I mean Sylvanas was already a person with questionable morals and she could agree with the newly resurrected Teron (I don’t think it’s a problem for him to resurrect again, especially considering Sylvanas has friends in the Shadowlands ) who would become the leader of these orcs. It would be possible to come up with some kind of medicine (after all, one orc was looking for a medicine for the fel orcs) that retains all the physical advantages, but restores reason and HONOR. I think they would fit in a lot better than the Mag'har (especially given the stupidity that a bronze dragon just lets a Horde hero bring allies from the alternate universe with him). But it doesn't matter now. Do you think there is a chance they will join in the future? The Legion is no longer there to control them and I think Teron Gorefiend would be great as the antithesis of Turalyon.
    Last edited by darkoms; 2022-05-08 at 10:35 PM.

Lore wise wouldn’t this…. Not make sense? They wouldn’t be fel orcs if there is no demon blood to consume anymore, and is there even any more demon blood to consume that allows for things like fel orcs to be a thing?

Oh god, I accidentally created this thread in the wrong place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Lore wise wouldn’t this…. Not make sense? They wouldn’t be fel orcs if there is no demon blood to consume anymore, and is there even any more demon blood to consume that allows for things like fel orcs to be a thing?
    Well the Forsaken still exist thanks to the Val'kyrs and I'm not sure if there are new worgen, but I don't think finding a demon is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Well the Forsaken still exist thanks to the Val'kyrs and I'm not sure if there are new worgen, but I don't think finding a demon is a big deal.
    Attention red orcs consuming fantasy bath salts! We of the horde have given you a different demon to resupply your need for fel after we destroyed your previous one please don't go crazy and murder us!

Like dude...Orcs and Blood Elves story was getting off the stuff

Chaos Orcs, which are already part of the Horde, would.
    Fel Orcs wouldn't (model issues as well).

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Chaos Orcs, which are already part of the Horde, would.
    Fel Orcs wouldn't (model issues as well).
    Chaos Orcs are Fel Orcs, and have never officially been a part of the Horde, outside of Grom's clan in WC3, after they drank from the corrupted Moonwell, and were promptly cleansed of the corruption.

I think that they would fit perfectly during BF, I mean Sylvanas was already a person with questionable morals and she could agree with the newly resurrected Teron (I don’t think it’s a problem for him to resurrect again, especially considering Sylvanas has friends in the Shadowlands ) who would become the leader of these orcs. It would be possible to come up with some kind of medicine (after all, one orc was looking for a medicine for the fel orcs) that retains all the physical advantages, but restores reason and HONOR. I think they would fit in a lot better than the Mag'har (especially given the stupidity that a bronze dragon just lets a Horde hero bring allies from the alternate universe with him). But it doesn't matter now. Do you think there is a chance they will join in the future? The Legion is no longer there to control them and I think Teron Gorefiend would be great as the antithesis of Turalyon.
    Uh, Sylvanas is literally stuck in hell until she finishes cleaning the place. Which is likely never.

And Teron does not need any help to resurrect, he's a crafty bastard that has managed plenty of times.
    He's likely learned his lessons and stayed out of the spotlight this time.

Additionally fel orcs are contrary to everything the horde stands for, so that's a big no. They also do not have an overly strong connection to Teron.
    "Curing" fel orcs is done by purging them of the fel; see Grom Hellscream. A cured fel orc is a regular green orc.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I love the idea purely because it would mean an allied race could come out of the fact that the story ended the Burning Legion and answer what happened to these guys. Would be a great way for Blizzard to win some goodwill lorewise after all the flak they got for not resolving that Silithus Sword.

...Hard pass. We don't need to bring back Teron Gorefiend to make him "good". Orcs in general are trying to get past their demonic heritage thanks to Thrall's efforts. If they went back on it now then Thrall's entire journey as well as redeeming the orcs would get undermined entirely.

Not to mention that you're putting an obvious bad guy like Teron Gorefiend (even if he wasn't tied to the Legion) as a possible leader would just give Blizz and the Alliance another reason why the Horde are "evil" and the Alliance are "good." Even if they were given some medicine which made them better, people will still treat them as bad guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I love the idea purely because it would mean an allied race could come out of the fact that the story ended the Burning Legion and answer what happened to these guys. Would be a great way for Blizzard to win some goodwill lorewise after all the flak they got for not resolving that Silithus Sword.
    Simple, we killed almost all of them and we killed Magtheridon so they can't make more. The last of the Fel Horde we see was in Cata when Overlord Mor'ghor fled to Azeroth and tried to seize control of the Azeroth Dragonmaw Orcs and their leader was a Fel Orc who didn't want to side with the Horde. That all changed when we overthrew him and put Warlord Zaela in charge.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares.. its another flavor of orcs.. lore isnt an argument anymore.

Group of fel orcs.. lost for leadership and goals look for a new future, traumatic events from illidan blabla w/e.

* fel orcs have joined the ranks of the horde*

Just add it to a orcs costumization and you made couple of fans happy. Why not I would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're already in:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Horde_Portal-Sentry

They were added as NPCs to the Dark Portal in the aftermath of TBC.

Honestly, though, I'd rather see Dragonmaw Orcs as an Allied Race. Chaos Orcs would work well enough as a basic Orc customization.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Uh, Sylvanas is literally stuck in hell until she finishes cleaning the place. Which is likely never.

And Teron does not need any help to resurrect, he's a crafty bastard that has managed plenty of times.
    He's likely learned his lessons and stayed out of the spotlight this time.

Additionally fel orcs are contrary to everything the horde stands for, so that's a big no. They also do not have an overly strong connection to Teron.
    "Curing" fel orcs is done by purging them of the fel; see Grom Hellscream. A cured fel orc is a regular green orc.
    The worgen were able to regain their sanity through a ritual. I'm talking about the POSSIBILITY to invent a cure that restores their sanity, but retains all the benefits of Fel power. I'm THEORIZING, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    ...Hard pass. We don't need to bring back Teron Gorefiend to make him "good". Orcs in general are trying to get past their demonic heritage thanks to Thrall's efforts. If they went back on it now then Thrall's entire journey as well as redeeming the orcs would get undermined entirely.

Not to mention that you're putting an obvious bad guy like Teron Gorefiend (even if he wasn't tied to the Legion) as a possible leader would just give Blizz and the Alliance another reason why the Horde are "evil" and the Alliance are "good." Even if they were given some medicine which made them better, people will still treat them as bad guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple, we killed almost all of them and we killed Magtheridon so they can't make more. The last of the Fel Horde we see was in Cata when Overlord Mor'ghor fled to Azeroth and tried to seize control of the Azeroth Dragonmaw Orcs and their leader was a Fel Orc who didn't want to side with the Horde. That all changed when we overthrew him and put Warlord Zaela in charge.
    Teron has never really been a real bad guy. He is evil, cruel, but I will not say that he is worse than Sylvanas, who has been with the Horde since the Classic and has been a warchief since the Legion. Unlike Gul'dan and Ner'zhul, Teron has always genuinely cared for the Horde and served only the Horde. Read books about him and you will see that he is not pure evil.

Teron has never really been a real bad guy. He is evil, cruel, but I will not say that he is worse than Sylvanas, who has been with the Horde since the Classic and has been a warchief since the Legion. Unlike Gul'dan and Ner'zhul, Teron has always genuinely cared for the Horde and served only the Horde. Read books about him and you will see that he is not pure evil.
    Which gets undermined when you realize that he was the one who convinced Ner'zhul to open up the portals across Draenor and damaged the the entire planet into nothing but a husk of its former self. There's even a whole questline where he tricks the player character to help an Old Orc spirit and the player has to retrieve a bunch of items.. then he possesses the player to fight his Draenei handler so that he can be freed again.

I wouldn't mind if he came back, but the chances of him being a good guy would be very slim. He doesn't really care much about what the Horde has become now since it isn't the same Horde that Gul'dan was running.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Which gets undermined when you realize that he was the one who convinced Ner'zhul to open up the portals across Draenor and damaged the the entire planet into nothing but a husk of its former self. There's even a whole questline where he tricks the player character to help an Old Orc spirit and the player has to retrieve a bunch of items.. then he possesses the player to fight his Draenei handler so that he can be freed again.

I wouldn't mind if he came back, but the chances of him being a good guy would be very slim. He doesn't really care much about what the Horde has become now since it isn't the same Horde that Gul'dan was running.
    No, he convinced Ner'zhul to open a portal to another world so the orcs could go there, he did not expect (and even Ner'zhul himself did not expect this) destruction of Draenor and he was not thrilled at the thought that Ner'zhul had abandoned the Horde. I'm not saying that he is perfect or that he is kind, he is just not so evil that he would not be accepted into the Horde

I wish they would join the alliance
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Chaos Orcs are Fel Orcs, and have never officially been a part of the Horde, outside of Grom's clan in WC3, after they drank from the corrupted Moonwell, and were promptly cleansed of the corruption.
    Someone meshed their wikipedia pages together. They used to be separate.
    I'm talking about red Orcs with no spikes or portrusions. Those that didn't lose their mind completely.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I'm talking about red Orcs with no spikes or portrusions. Those that didn't lose their mind completely.
    Which game were they from?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying that he is perfect or that he is kind, he is just not so evil that he would not be accepted into the Horde
    He's a twice-killed warlock, worked with Gul'dan on the Shadow Council, slaughtered bound and helpless clerics, and wanted to conquer and claim one of the worlds Ner'zul could open a portal to.

Yeah, he's not that evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Which game were they from?

- - - Updated - - -

He's a twice-killed warlock, worked with Gul'dan on the Shadow Council, slaughtered bound and helpless clerics, and wanted to conquer and claim one of the worlds Ner'zul could open a portal to.

Yeah, he's not that evil.
    Well, he's loyal to the Horde. This already makes him better than Sylvanas, who has been in the Horde since the classics, so why not? Also killing the innocent is a common trait of the Horde.

Well, he's loyal to the Horde.
    Then why did he run off and join Illidan?

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Lore wise wouldn’t this…. Not make sense?
    Plenty of allied races don't make sense lorewise. Why are the Nightborne OK with burning down Teldrassil during BfA? Because the Night Elves didn't instantly invite them into the Alliance? They could've just not joined either side.